Welcome to PlayStationHaX

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thezander

Hobbyist makes SNES mini with RaspberryPi Zero

A youtube guy lybery5 made a video of him building and putting together this SNES mini. I thought it was going to be something more interesting when I first saw the article. Then I realized it was a case design, he doesn't mention the emulator or OS it's running but I doubt that matters. It's neat if you haven't seen something like this before though.

Via http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/12/someone-built-a-snes-mini

Its not like theres a lot of different OS's to chose from for the pi0. I dont think it even supports win10 like pi3.

And tbh, these kinds of things are so boring these days. All you need is some spare cash for a 3D printer and basic sketch skills, then just hit print and pour 673296067 tons of hot glue into it to hold everything in place...

This was much more of an accomplishment back when 3D printers were a mad mans dream, and you actually had to mold the cases etc yourself.

33 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

Its not like theres a lot of different OS's to chose from for the pi0. I dont think it even supports win10 like pi3.

And tbh, these kinds of things are so boring these days. All you need is some spare cash for a 3D printer and basic sketch skills, then just hit print and pour 673296067 tons of hot glue into it to hold everything in place...

This was much more of an accomplishment back when 3D printers were a mad mans dream, and you actually had to mold the cases etc yourself.

I agree, I don't know what I expected. I thought mini SNES meant someone took some core parts of the console and did something to miniaturize it. Like those project that make handheld N64s and the such. But then I read past the title and realized otherwise. For what it's worth this wasn't 3D printed, casted.  Not that it really makes a difference, the whole thing was filled with hot glue though. 

But ya, overall this thing is not original.