Yes The PS4 Slim Is Real

GregoryRasputin

• GregoryRasputin

The PS4 Slim is real and not some 3D printed case, you can see images of it here:

Eurogamer have managed to get a video with the person who bought it from Gumtree:

Source

I hate the fucking awful placement of the USB ports >.<

Same as normal PS4. Its just a slim model of it, just like CECH-2xxx was just a slim model of the fat models, and CECH-4xxx an even slimmer version.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

• Super Moderator

hey @eXtreme get those dimensions and be first on the skinz!

• Upvote 1

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

• GregoryRasputin

15 hours ago, thezander said:

hey @eXtreme get those dimensions and be first on the skinz!

the design is too ugly and too small for a case mod :)

• Upvote 1

Feel free to show your Mods @ PS4 etreme Modding - This is for the Modders

278.jpg

FOUND A BACKUP VIDEO! :P 

• Upvote 1

It looks crap. The stepup from the fat PS3 to the Slim model was awesome and a vast improvement.... This is just a hacked up original PS4 case... And still with the idiotic USB placement that prevents thicker USB sticks to fit. What were they thinking -.-.... Probably not at all....

Ps1/ps2/ps3 I would say where more worth it. These just seem there making silms or whatever for no real reason apart from a plan of the two sale console cycle we are now stuck in.

• Super Moderator

What's the slight difference between the controllers? I don't see any. 

8 hours ago, eXtreme said:

the design is too ugly and too small for a case mod :)

You don't think anyone would want a mod?

• Super Admin

I have had it in my mind that I was going to wait on the slim and then I would finally purchase a PS4.... now I think I will just purchase the original instead. I think it is fucking ugly

• Upvote 1

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

• GregoryRasputin
11 hours ago, thezander said:

They added a stupid light bar to the front of the pad >.<

15 hours ago, thezander said:

I know generally the most people are not much interested in case mods. the most only like to see a modded console but no one need it. perhaps we will see a few custom designs.

4 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

I have had it in my mind that I was going to wait on the slim and then I would finally purchase a PS4.... now I think I will just purchase the original instead. I think it is fucking ugly

Wait and buy the neo version, think it will be the best ps4 console + vr :)

4 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

In my opinion it looks good.

btw

Edited by eXtreme

278.jpg

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Well that settles it, i'm dropping my old PS4 off the nearest overpass and picking one of these things up pronto. 

9 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Oh fantastic, so not only do you have a light reflecting on the TV, but also a light that shines right into your eyes and completely blinds you....... Brilliant!

• Upvote 2

• Super Admin
16 hours ago, eXtreme said:

Wait and buy the neo version, think it will be the best ps4 console + vr :)

Neo doesn't impress me much if the leaked specs end up being true It has a slight overclock on the hardware and has a 4k upscaler. Most 4k tvs have the upscaler built in. I think Sony may have had to take it back to the drawing board since Microsoft is making huge claims that Scorpio will actually render in 4k. I will believe that when I see it though. Even high end gaming PCs still struggle to get good frame rates with settings cranked at 4k. 

As for VR, I think if I ever do jump on that hype train I would buy a headset for my PC before buying one for PS4. I have had the opportunity to play Elite Dangerous in VR and it was a lot of fun, but I will wait until the prices come down, and it seems less like an expensive gimmick (like 3d tvs) The reason I say it is a gimmick now is because sony is doing stupid shit like trying to make Tekken 7 a VR game..... a 3rd person 3d fighter. Sure it will eventually have a few good experiences, but I don't see it being the success that people (and Sony) think it is going to be

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

anyone know which firmware version is on the slim installed ? maybe it's 4.0 because I don't have the setting on 3.55, you can see on shorman's picture.

Cqj-om4WcAAGtE7.jpg

do you think the 4.0 update will come on 09/07 ?

278.jpg

10 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

Most 4k tvs have the upscaler built in.

All LCD screens upscales the images to its native size. Otherwise you'd just get a small box with the picture if its not in native size.

So yeah, an external upscaler(ps4 neo in this case) is completely and utterly USELESS, it just wastes resources they could use for game FPS instead.

That is, unless they add some post processing effects to this "upscaler", such as extra AA, AO etc... But that would waste even MORE resources for little to no gain in image quality.

And as you pointed out, high end PC's worth 5x as much as a console still struggles with 4k when you crank the settings up... So to think the neo(or even scorpio) will be able to handle 4k gaming with any sort of effects active is nothing but a mad mans dream. Shitty upscaling? Sure, but not native... No way...

hello frends

here is the Mainbord from PS4 Slim, https://psxtools.de/index.php/Thread/71984-PS4-Slim-Alle-News-und-Infos/?postID=671848#post671837

and a teardown, https://psxtools.de/index.php/Thread/71984-PS4-Slim-Alle-News-und-Infos/?pageNo=5

very important: Please do not share or otherwise, thx

• Upvote 2

chipweltpsx.png

• 1 month later...