• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
zecoxao

[Tutorial] How to "bypass" pfs protection entirely

zecoxao    1,281

Things needed:

- PS4 on 1.76
- Disc game or PSN game activated on the console
- TITLE ID of the Game in question
http://www.extreme-modding.de/PS4/1.76/Playground/index.html (the FTP Server + Debug Settings part)

- ftp client (filezilla or something like that)
- brains you can use

1- Go to http://www.extreme-modding.de/PS4/1.76/Playground/index.html and select the FTP Server (big Silver Star)

2- Enable it and minimize the browser (ps button)
3- Start the game you want to copy/modify pfs content
4- Keep the game running (i believe this is the issue people are having)
5- Start your favourite ftp client
6- Navigate to:

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/[TITLE-ID]-app0

where [TITLE-ID] is the id of the game you're running.
7- From there you can dump and modify files at will

I originally wondered if there was a way to do pfs bypass with the app.db so i asked around to see what would people say. Credits to @flatz for the original idea. 

PS: 

/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/[TITLE-ID]-app0-nest

contains the entire file listing (and also the files) in a big .dat file. You can also use it but you'll need an extractor later.

Now the eboot.bin protection is left to "crack". let's see how this plays out.

Edited by zecoxao
  • Upvote 6

eXtreme    199

I have tried it via ftp, but I get no connection everytime I want to copy files of a running process (sandbox), but with the PS4FileNinja tool we have a stable connection to copy files. If I want to connect (ftp) while a game is running, the browser show me the "not enough memory error".

nice to see the link of the custom playground :)

Edited by eXtreme

zecoxao    1,281
1 hour ago, eXtreme said:

I have tried it via ftp, but I get no connection everytime I want to copy files of a running process (sandbox), but with the PS4FileNinja tool we have a stable connection to copy files. If I want to connect (ftp) while a game is running, the browser show me the "not enough memory error".

nice to see the link of the custom playground :)

that is weird because to other people it worked just fine.
edit: @eXtreme, it seems the steps are the other way around (first start the server, then start the game and minimize). solved the issue on OP

Edited by zecoxao

eXtreme    199
8 hours ago, zecoxao said:

edit: @eXtreme, it seems the steps are the other way around (first start the server, then start the game and minimize). solved the issue on OP

I think I have tried both ways, if I remember right the server connection break up if I start the server first but I will test it again the days.

MistyVermin    17

I know this is pretty old but I gave it a test and sadly you cannot modify these files. I messed around quite a bit and cannot get any sort of file in the games sandbox directory let alone modify it at all. I might be doing something wrong though so correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:I feel like an idiot I think I completely misunderstood. I thought you could edit the files straight on the ps4, I didn't realize you meant download and modify.

Edited by MistyVermin
  • Upvote 1