Dev Menu on the PS4 ~ Flatz Release

Question

Alright, 

So if anyone hasn't seen the update yet github it just got updated today on https://github.com/kR105/PS4-dlclose/commit/0028afaf0ef9b2581d47ec4d32ebb4c75db9d576 kR105 git allowing Dev Menu? Anyone tested it out yet?

Edited by PS4BOT
  • Upvote 2
  • Answers 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I don't have a PS4 with the ability to test, but flatz is involved, so it works

https://mega.nz/#!zVAUSa7Y!leMyPVPzTm7McXfR03_csf3e4usst3gHj1MKUSkK4QY   Here's the compiled binary to activate the debug menu just launch it under PS4-Playground ...  

code to enable the more advanced debug menu: *(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81; just add it into the kernel payload before this part: writeCr0(cr0); This could brick your console btw, s

19 hours ago, ratatouii said:

can homebrew exist without a CFW?

Yes it can. Look no further than the PSVita(rejuvenate/PSM) or the WiiU(only kernel access, which isnt nearly enough for a full-blown CFW).

Both are limited, yes(especially the Vita), but enough for homebrews like emulators and the like. In the WiiU's case though theres little to no point in making emulators, as you can just inject ROM's into N*'s official "emulators" for each console(except the GC and Wii, but on vWii you have full access so... doesnt really count in this case).

So... yeah, homebrew can exist without a full-blown CFW.

Edited by Lucif3r

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

On 5/3/2016 at 7:16 PM, majin93 said:

Are you 100% it let you install it? i know it won't run, i'm just asking if you are sure that Demo requires 3.15 and it was installed correcty. 

yes, i'm sure 100%.. wanna try P.T demo.pkg later, but confused how to use the JSON file...

hi, i have ps4 on 1.62 fw.. anyone know if the exploit works on 1.62?

3 hours ago, mr.ilitri said:

hi, i have ps4 on 1.62 fw.. anyone know if the exploit works on 1.62?

Update to 1.76. 

code to enable the more advanced debug menu:

*(char *)0xFFFFFFFF833242FD = 0x81;

just add it into the kernel payload before this part:

writeCr0(cr0);

This could brick your console btw, so be careful

Edited by lezek20
  • Upvote 2

Good job !!

And many thanx for all your tips ;)

45 minutes ago, lezek20 said:

writeCr0(cr0);

Great, thank you :)
before trying ... what are the differences between normal and the more advanced menu?

There's a video Page 3 of this thread ...

11 minutes ago, fx0day said:

There's a video Page 3 of this thread ...

Thanks for the reply but I think that I had confused myself lol
I seemed to understand that this code was for enable some  hidden additional functions of the Debug menu, as if it there were two Dev menu 

upload-0cba36a0-8811-11e5-8963-83362160f

Hey guys! Probably not the best place to post this but... I've been trying to test this for days and I am still getting memory errors. I am on 1.76, tested after database rebuild and settings restore. Also tried hosting the files on my own site, localhost via pc, skfu and charles proxy (hosted on pc), also using the web files/ftp usb port of my router with the playground hosted there... tested within the manual method and browser.

I was only able to run Linux only after database rebuild and loading the files from CTurt's github. Any idea? Thank you!

2 hours ago, OldBrain said:

Great, thank you :)
before trying ... what are the differences between normal and the more advanced menu?

It seems some of the settings are for debug settings on a retail console (like QA PS3 CEX Debug Settings) as a few of these menus/options are not on a TestKit/DevKit (unless they are hidden (or just not used) or you need to be online on sp-int or some shit, But that would beat the whole purpose of a TestKit/DevKit having Debug Settings in the first place imo)

v PS3

VVqVdu1.png

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, PS4BOT said:

Update to 1.76. 

ok thanks, i updated, y try to install pkg but leaves error message... why?

18 hours ago, lezek20 said:

writeCr0(cr0);

Thanks, works perfect!

Here's a compiled bin for those who want to try it:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fc89zf

Thank you  :shy:
lezek20 & ultradogg

On 12/5/2016 at 6:35 PM, ultradogg said:

Thanks, works perfect!

Here's a compiled bin for those who want to try it:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fc89zf

I converted it to u32 and tried to run it from the playground but it crashes. Why is this compiled(1025kb) version a lot larger than the simple ftp+debug (24kb) since you only add a line? 

Probably fx0day removed unwanted stuff from it.  If anyone here has a compiled lite version of the advanced debug or already converted to u32 please  send me a copy to do tests with the playground. Thank ya!

Does someone tried to direct the manual link to an internal hdd path and Upload the webkit over ftp to that path on the ps4? Which file we would need to edit ? Changing "manuals.playstation.../index.html" to ex. user/app/webkit/index.html ? The Ps4 has Never seen any online activity. So no browser.
btw. Some settings are gone with the "Advanced" Debugmenu while other new are there. It seems that different adresses open other possibilities. 

10 hours ago, Daisy said:

Does someone tried to direct the manual link to an internal hdd path and Upload the webkit over ftp to that path on the ps4? Which file we would need to edit ? Changing "manuals.playstation.../index.html" to ex. user/app/webkit/index.html ? The Ps4 has Never seen any online activity. So no browser.
btw. Some settings are gone with the "Advanced" Debugmenu while other new are there. It seems that different adresses open other possibilities. 

well the idea sounds good... like a localhost for ps4 but i suppose the guys here would have let us know if it was possible. 

maybe it's the Cookie.jar.txt file in /user/home/10000000/webkit/webbrowser

after using the playground it give me this text: This file was generated by libcurl! Edit at your own risk.www.extreme-modding.de    FALSE    /PS4/1.76/Playground/    FALSE    0    codeExecutionStage    4

the playground index.html is on extreme-modding.de/PS4/1.76/Playground/

if someone know how to edit or if it's useless please let us know.

Feel free to show your Mods @ PS4 etreme Modding - This is for the Modders

278.jpg