eXtreme

Custom Home Menu by Senaxx

Maybe you have saw on twitter that Senaxx posted a screenshot of the first custom home menu on the ps4. for me it's the most interesting progress for end users.

He found a database and was able to edit the file. It would be great if someone can share more information about the method that others can edit the home menu too and search for more ui mods.

Source

CffBExzWcAITvBw.jpg%20large.jpg

CfcAn0eUYAATFIg.jpg%20large.jpg

I thought he posted loads about it, unfortunately though the only things he shares with me are his nude selfies :(

@Senaxx are you able to provide any further information, or will it be provided at a later date ?

We lost half discussion :( 

Forum backup recovery ??

emn4IH.jpg

/system_data/priv/mms/app.db

Just edit this one ;)

6 minutes ago, fx0day said:

We lost half discussion :( 

Forum backup recovery ??

/system_data/priv/mms/app.db

Just edit this one ;)

Yeah, restored a backup, think someone is fucking with the server again :(

big thanks to fx0day

20160424214329.jpg

I'am lazy to rewrite what i said before ... If you really need tips let me know ;)

I take it this was done with ps4link. To ftp in

lol custome home menu XD

you swap the image of a pkg. that it is :D

On 24.4.2016 at 0:55 PM, GregoryRasputin said:

I thought he posted loads about it, unfortunately though the only things he shares with me are his nude selfies :(

@Senaxx are you able to provide any further information, or will it be provided at a later date ?

Guys it is the same then on the Vita. There is no secret. Peoples are just lazy. That's all. ^^

Edit:
Also how a DB work is no secret. Sony was that nice to even use a SQL DB. Really peoples out there, get your ass up instead of waiting onto other's all the time.
Google is your teacher. ;)

Edited by cfwprophet

11 minutes ago, cfwprophet said:

Really peoples out there, get your ass up instead of waiting onto other's all the time.
Google is your teacher. ;)

True, though if no one answered questions that are asked, then Google would be useless.

......did no one ever of us dev's tell in public that the Vita is a mini PS4 ?

they even use the nearly same OS ?

no ?

;)

Edit: don't get me wrong i don't want to sound bitchy all the time. but not everything is right now a secret. it's simple as i stated many times now, we need to suck everything out of our finger's. we have no fancy orig SDK to read up. So WE the dev's also have a lot to read up and search and google and compare eg. syscall docus with the call's from the ps4 and what ever. I think it is not to much asked, that user's may calm down from the "bad dev's" trip and start to do something on their own. And even if it is only to google. :)

Edited by cfwprophet

2 minutes ago, cfwprophet said:

no ?

;)

If it is so stressful for you, why put yourself out by responding to the thread ?

Forums are here to help people, people ask questions, people get answers, then when someone Googles looking for an answer, they get directed to sites like this.

If the answer wasn't on a site like this, then no one would be able to get the answer from Google, as there would be nothing to be found.

There is also to said that often the answers are misleading
or also the answers are given and then removed, so it is not a thing so simple, or so I think.

Edited by OldBrain

if any one of you guys want to tell me, that you will not be able to google for the Vita and how to install a own image to a pkg, then i'll quite.

but it seem's. that i may simple lost the contact to normal peoples. may i should stop in main posting on the forum.

14 minutes ago, cfwprophet said:

if any one of you guys want to tell me, that you will not be able to google for the Vita and how to install a own image to a pkg, then i'll quite.

but it seem's. that i may simple lost the contact to normal peoples. may i should stop in main posting on the forum.

Weird, i thought we were talking about the PS4, in the PS4 section and not the Vita, they might have similarities, but they are not the same thing and not everyone knows their resemblances...

You don't seem to be understanding, this is a forum, forums are for help, people come to forums to seek help, it doesn't matter that it may have been answered before, it matters that someone needed help and everyone apart from you was willing and glad to help.

Now perhaps when someone Google for such a thing, this article asking for help, will be shown to them.

Here is a little screenshot to remind you about the forum and the key word help:

dzQm2Mb.png

Finally what was asked is not a commonly asked question, its not 'where can i download ISO's' or 'how can i install CFW on my PS3', it is a rare question.

I do not think so, at this time you're one of the few that post really interesting and constructive things, but do not take it to heart if so many people likes to have the dish cooked without showing interest in the recipe, after all, it has always been so, but not for everyone.

58 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Finally what was asked is not a commonly asked question, its not 'where can i download ISO's' or 'how can i install CFW on my PS3', it is a rare question.

Agree, it would've been different had this question been asked a gazillion times already, such as "how do I downgrade my PS3?" or similar...

4 hours ago, cfwprophet said:

no ?

;)

Edit: don't get me wrong i don't want to sound bitchy all the time. but not everything is right now a secret. it's simple as i stated many times now, we need to suck everything out of our finger's. we have no fancy orig SDK to read up. So WE the dev's also have a lot to read up and search and google and compare eg. syscall docus with the call's from the ps4 and what ever. I think it is not to much asked, that user's may calm down from the "bad dev's" trip and start to do something on their own. And even if it is only to google. :)

I remind you if you want to build your own house and the employes are saying to you..."Just teach it your self you can build your own house by your self" it is absolutly clear that every one can fucking learn coding but not every one want to learn coding....damn ^^

And remember you are not better then others because you can code a little bit dont understand me wrong i dont want to sound bitchy but keep calm and thx for your work for us stupid non coding individuals who are so ungratefull and dont want to learn coding...peace :)

Edited by mcmrc1

after night turn I will try to search a way to modify more in the user interface...

On 4/24/2016 at 3:44 PM, GregoryRasputin said:

Yeah, restored a backup, think someone is fucking with the server again :(

that would explain y my posts disappeared.  I had mentioned that the ps4 app.db was like the vita's.  also, one interesting point is that u can use the app.db on the vita to make package installer appear.  I wonder if it's the same here.  it's only for non-drm installations though.

you mean PKG Installer (NPXS10031) ? maybe only add in the db file.

I have tried to change the icons of the hard coded apps like library, capture gallery,... but no change.

I thought about remove these apps and add new entries, maybe an empty folder.

1 hour ago, eXtreme said:

you mean PKG Installer (NPXS10031) ? maybe only add in the db file.

I have tried to change the icons of the hard coded apps like library, capture gallery,... but no change.

I thought about remove these apps and add new entries, maybe an empty folder.

yes.  is it the same title id on the ps4?  that's the title id for the vita.  the vita has a number from 0 to 9 for each page to know its position, so it may be possible to add it if u put the position id after the home panels.  the pkg installer is limited though, but it would be cool to have it though.  I have it on my pstv.

12 hours ago, pinky said:

yes.  is it the same title id on the ps4?  that's the title id for the vita.  the vita has a number from 0 to 9 for each page to know its position, so it may be possible to add it if u put the position id after the home panels.  the pkg installer is limited though, but it would be cool to have it though.  I have it on my pstv.

don't know but I will try it later, working on the icon for the installer atm, try to make such an blue transparent icon. the titleid is not NPXS10033 ?

Edited by eXtreme

it's NPXS10031 iirc.  I don't know what NPXS10033 is.  I don't have a hackable ps4 atm, and I haven't really looked much into it.

but there is a Sce.Vsh.ShellUI.Settings.PkgInstaller.rco in system_ex\app\NPXS20001\psm\Application\resource