Jump to content

Sorry PS Vita But No One Cares About You


Recommended Posts

  • GregoryRasputin

It should be clear for those of you who aren't hardcore fanboy freaks, that Sony are lazy cunts and give up on something if they do not see the point of working on it anymore, there are so many example that i could post about, such as the recent discontinuation of the PlayStation TV.

 

There were rumours flying around last week that the PS Vita was being discontinued in parts of Europe, due to retailers not restocking, now these same type of rumours have come to North America, as it seems certain retailers are no longer restocking the console.

 

fPrs1Rx.jpg

 

Now this does not mean that Sony are actually discontinuing the device, it basically means that retailers can see that Sony don't give a fuck about it any more and are choosing to simply not restock it.

 

The Vita and PlayStation TV could have been awesome devices, but Sony's incompetence and lack of understanding, severely fucked both devices up.


Dutch Rumour

North American Rumour

Via

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vita is a great piece of hardware, solely a "flop" because sony didnt give a fuck about it.

The PSTV was a flop because Phony advertised it as a PS4 accessory. Had it been able to play all the vita games, and advertised as such, it wouldve been a steal for the money.

Well, the VitaTV - as its named in japan - flopped as well, but that was due to 2 reasons: 1, that fucking whitelist rendering it almost useless, and 2, japan is all about mobile/handheld gaming, they much rather buy a real portable Vita than a Vita that can only be used on a TV.

 

I love how Phony didnt adress a single damn thing people were complaining about with the VitaTV for its western release, and instead just painted it black, rebranded it as "PSTV" and advertised it as a PS4 accessory.......................... Pure brilliance.

  • Upvote 1

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

Link to post
Share on other sites

if prices dropped id buy one,but on the other hand do i really want to spend money on it just for it to sit in my wicker basket full of cables while i have more fun on my wii u??

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a great addition to the playstation brand, but sony gave up on the device almost immediately when it wasn't an instant success.  I think the playstation tv was discontinued within a year or so of being released which is pretty sad as well.  the overpriced memory cards and the whitelist, or rather blacklist, of the pstv severely hindered their success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Admin

I like my PSTV, but would like it more if I had bought one in time for custom bubbles, ePSP, and especially whitelisthax. I will continue to wait patiently. Damn shame how SOny has treated these devices. Between the shit with the Vita, and how this PS4.5 is IMO a direct slap to the face of early PS4 adopters, I can honestly say I have no urge to buy a Sony product at all.

 

Speaking of PS4.5 don't get suckered. They want to sell you an overclocked PS4 with an upscaler built in. If you want 4k upscaling, chances are your TV already has it built in. Neo is not the one this time 

 

Also, on the topic of waiting patiently.... I was on twitter and saw that hackinformer is now selling Vita hacks..... apparently they make a backup that can be restored from a 3.60 system that gives me what I want, but selling a backup for the price he wants seems like True Blue to me

 

If it is really as easy as making a backup on an older FW and restoring it on latest firmware then I am sure I can get someone here to help me out with that ;)

Edited by BobbyBlunt

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

Link to post
Share on other sites

No pinky, it actually is a WHITElist, as you can only play the games LISTED in said whitelist. A blacklist is the complete opposite, where you can only play things NOT listed in it :sleepy:

 

All LCD panels automatically upscales the image to its native res, if the input is lower than native. There are modes on certain brands that allows you to display the image in its original resolution. And if you do that, only that set amount of pixels will be used, and all other pixels will be black. So a 640x480 image would appear as a tiny box on a 1080p display, and a barely visible box on a uHD display.

 

Thats why upscaling through external devices is completely pointless, as the TV already do a hell of a lot better job at it. TV's/monitors are BUILT and DESIGNED to upscale images, which is more than you can say about gaming consoles. It just wastes resources on the console that could be used to produce better image quality, instead of doing a job the TV already do.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • GregoryRasputin
4 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

Also, on the topic of waiting patiently.... I was on twitter and saw that hackinformer is now selling Vita hacks..... apparently they make a backup that can be restored from a 3.60 system that gives me what I want, but selling a backup for the price he wants seems like True Blue to me

 

Why the fuck did you have to bring my attention to this, i now feel physically sick as in a really fucking want to throw the fuck up :(

y0xK1og.png

 

No i don't feel offended by the prices, i am fucking offended that someone is fucking selling fucking homebrew, selling custom fucking bundles, selling a fucking whitelist, a FUCKING WHITELIST, seriously what the fucking fuck.

 

Improve the forum and site my fucking ass, they use fucking FREE forum software, anything that needs to be improved is does for fucking free.

 

JRkR97G.png

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell...selling access to homebrew!? The fuck is wrong with people. I hope people save their money...and to anyone who is thinking of wasting their money on this...don't. Save it and find a Vita below 3.18. It can be done...hell you can even find the occasional new and sealed fat if you look long enough. Do not pay for this "service", you'll only regret it later when it becomes open and free again.

  • Upvote 2

"HENkaku was an inside job"

 

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no benefit of having a PSV at or below 3.18. The package installer is useless, the webkit is useless, everything is useless cause no one gives a fuck....

In fact,  with <3.18, you lose out on PSM Unity, which have more power than the standard PSM app, meaning such a device is WORSE than one at up to 3.51

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

No pinky, it actually is a WHITElist, as you can only play the games LISTED in said whitelist. A blacklist is the complete opposite, where you can only play things NOT listed in it :sleepy:

I call it a blacklist, because the custom whitelist is actually blank.

 

most devs left the scene due to leaks, so the psv/pstv may never reach its full potential. 

 

I'm not sure what's going on with selling hacks, but u can create a cma backup for anyone by hex editing the system.dreg file.  it'll force a format on u, but it shouldn't matter if ur installing a backup.  that's what I assume is happening here.  a friend of mine used a cma backup from an earlier firmware to his 3.60 system, and it worked.  the hacks r intact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

There is no benefit of having a PSV at or below 3.18. The package installer is useless, the webkit is useless, everything is useless cause no one gives a fuck....

In fact,  with <3.18, you lose out on PSM Unity, which have more power than the standard PSM app, meaning such a device is WORSE than one at up to 3.51

There are benefits to 3.18...namely being more user friendly, having less stability, TN-X (no need for bespoke bubbles for every game), TN-V10 (more stable than 11) and, should anything ever actually come of it, webkit exploit. Granted, these are limited and whether or not they're worth trading off updates is really down to each person...but to say there are no advantages is false. Besides...if your Vita is on <=3.18 you can update...if you're on 3.52 you don't get that choice.

"HENkaku was an inside job"

 

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

TN works fine on 3.50 at least. Never bothered to set it up on 3.51 because ePSP fucking sucks. Rejuvenate/PSMUnity is better in every way except the boot-process. But hey, at least Reju can play SNES games without +10 frameskipping, unlike crappy ePSP.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

Link to post
Share on other sites

there's also bubble blower for 3.18 which uses a modified tnv 11.  it makes bubbles easy to make.  it doesn't work on 3.50 though, since u can no longer write to the game folder.  I've tested it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pinky said:

there's also bubble blower for 3.18 which uses a modified tnv 11.  it makes bubbles easy to make.  it doesn't work on 3.50 though, since u can no longer write to the game folder.  I've tested it.

Then WHY THE FUCK IS HACKINFORMER Selling these things? i know it's supposed to be for 3.60 but you would think he'd have the decency, not to go full blown retard and SELL OTHERS' Projects!  He actually has no justifiable reason. so just puts at the end of  his article about it.  and i quote it perfectly

 

 

"So in the end, we decided that it shouldn’t be of us to decide. So please comment below and if the majority decides against this we are of course going to stop this service immediately. We are a trustworthy news site and just want the best for everyone. If this was one step too far in your eyes we apologize.

Thanks for reading"

 

Though i do beleive that was Freakler. XD Not the man in charge.

 

r1LW4AE.png

 

I mean, if you're going to make money off of others ideas / creations / inventions / scene work and you are known in that same scene; be heavily prepared for some backlash. seriously.

 

EDIT:  i guess no one really does care about the psvita.. today it's all about hackinformer. :Ihate_IE:

Edited by B7U3C50SS
Sorry psvita..!!
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • GregoryRasputin
32 minutes ago, B7U3C50SS said:

Then WHY THE FUCK IS HACKINFORMER Selling these things? i know it's supposed to be for 3.60 but you would think he'd have the decency, not to go full blown retard and SELL OTHERS' Projects!  He actually has no justifiable reason. so just puts at the end of  his article about it.  and i quote it perfectly

 

"So in the end, we decided that it shouldn’t be of us to decide. So please comment below and if the majority decides against this we are of course going to stop this service immediately. We are a trustworthy news site and just want the best for everyone. If this was one step too far in your eyes we apologize.

Thanks for reading"

Though i do beleive that was Freakler. XD Not the man in charge.

 

 

No it is definately @Hackinformer charging for this, people keep pointing out to me that it's a 'service' and that he has every right to charge for his time, i keep getting analogies like 'people charge for doing work in houses cars' and 'people charge for installing WordPress' etc, well if i am in the wrong and this is what a scene is meant to be, then i don't really want to be part of a scene that charges for such a service.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I only meant that @Freakler got credits for writing the article . it is rather pathetic. look what irks me is that there are equally just many people that profit off of websites AS @Hackinformer! but he's going about it the wrong way.. whatever happened to google adsense and pay per click? i though thought he probably would have made a lot of money that way. does he not get ad revenue from his site? also.. why is he selling the exploit? i thought he was a reporter. not a manager for others' works. that stresses boundaries. ones that shouldn't have been crossed UNLESS they were in the same boat as hackinformer, ffs. still shouldn't be crossed.

Edited by B7U3C50SS
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many messages did you leave greg @GregoryRasputin? and where was this? on hackinformer's site? it looks like a playstation official blog.

 

EDIT: I RETRACT MY FORMER STATEMENT ABOUT THE BLOG ... Anyway, I still think it's shifty / shitty of people to be constantly banning you and signing up on this site WHERE WE DON'T SEEM TO DO BANS... wth. Don't you guys agree? I am *NOT* however saying we should start.. because we are better than that for the most part. most of us avid / active posters just here on this forum. and for those that kinda still can't see it, meh..

Edited by B7U3C50SS
wanted to add stuff
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know.  maybe it's easier for some people to have someone else do everything for them.  this is especially true with the vita.  I've been in six or seven scenes, and the vita is definitely the most frustrating system of all of them to deal with.  firmware updates either permanently block certain hacks from working or the method to perform the hack can be completely different on different firmware.  also, some hacks can be unstable or may or may not work for certain people without knowing exactly why.  it can be extremely frustrating.  though, it is rewarding enough once u figure everything out.  it took me a while, but I managed that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, B7U3C50SS said:

How many messages did you leave greg @GregoryRasputin? and where was this? on hackinformer's site? it looks like a playstation official blog.

 

EDIT: I RETRACT MY FORMER STATEMENT ABOUT THE BLOG ... Anyway, I still think it's shifty / shitty of people to be constantly banning you and signing up on this site WHERE WE DON'T SEEM TO DO BANS... wth. Don't you guys agree? I am *NOT* however saying we should start.. because we are better than that for the most part. most of us avid / active posters just here on this forum. and for those that kinda still can't see it, meh..

I think that's what most sites should aspire to be.  I'm actually a mod on psx-place, and stlcardsws has a philosophy that if ur banned, u can get back in if u apologize for whatever it is u did wrong in the first place.  that's the way I feel about it too.  sometimes people have bad days, r drunk, etc. - whatever the case may be - and lose their cool about something.  it's happened to many people including myself, so I think it's a good philosophy to adhere to when it comes to running a site.  it definitely makes users feel more comfortable when it comes to speaking their minds about things even if it might go against what mods/admins believe or the rules.  :shy:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you @pinky and i know you mean when you say people can lose their cool. i know it too well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, everyone deserves a second chance.  I did a lot of bad things in the ps3 scene after my friend's death really messed me up emotionally.  I'm grateful that stlcardsws gave me a second chance.  I feel the same here.  :shy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Admin

Sorry @GregoryRasputin, Getting people pissed off by mentioning the hackinformer shit was not my intention. I figured it was seen by enough people by now. What I do want though is someone who would be kind enough to make me a backup to restore to my PSTV. I mainly want whitelisthax and I am not going to pay for some shady bullshit. $80 for a full "service" is bullshit. This is not a service.... this is taking advantage of people that are not on exploitable FWs.... which is why I made the True Blue comment. I offer services, but I don't charge for shit that was given to this community FOR FREE. Now if someone was too lazy to do it and paid someone else then that is one thing, but this is not a service. Shit like this is why console scene sites went from being my most visited places, to be places I actively avoid (except here)

 

I actually got to thinking. Maybe we can arrange for backups to be made and start a request thread. We can keep the people providing these backups secret to save their inboxes from annihilation. There people that would be willing to help other people out, and would be great to see this shitty business practice shut the fuck down

Edited by BobbyBlunt
  • Upvote 2

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

Sorry @GregoryRasputin, Getting people pissed off by mentioning the hackinformer shit was not my intention. I figured it was seen by enough people by now. What I do want though is someone who would be kind enough to make me a backup to restore to my PSTV. I mainly want whitelisthax and I am not going to pay for some shady bullshit. $80 for a full "service" is bullshit. This is not a service.... this is taking advantage of people that are not on exploitable FWs.... which is why I made the True Blue comment. I offer services, but I don't charge for shit that was given to this community FOR FREE. Now if someone was too lazy to do it and paid someone else then that is one thing, but this is not a service. Shit like this is why console scene sites went from being my most visited places, to be places I actively avoid (except here)

 

I actually got to thinking. Maybe we can arrange for backups to be made and start a request thread. We can keep the people providing these backups secret to save their inboxes from annihilation. There people that would be willing to help other people out, and would be great to see this shitty business practice shut the fuck down

this can be done by knowing the cma id of the person making the backup for.  however, like I mentioned, when u change ur cma to the same id to make a backup, it reformats the memory card, so u'd need a donor system.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. I would have offered a completely free service, had I known one damn thing about the vita. I have 2 vitas, and neither of them have any sort of exploit. I never followed the vita scene, and after reading about this greedy overpriced crap the vita scene seems to have resorted to.....I'm actually glad I never jumped into the vita scene. Pathetic. :/

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...