Sorry PS Vita But No One Cares About You

The Vita isnt that much of a hassle to work with tbh.... Its so limited in the first place with what it can or can not do. The most tricky exploit available is probably the email/update installation glitch. That one can take quite a few tries before it starts installing the intended program... But last I checked there were quite a few tools that dumbed down this process close to toddler-lever. I played with it the same day the method was released :rolleyes:

As for updates, that has been the case ever since the last gen(ps3/360, and wiiu if you want to count that as last gen). If you update, you risk being unable to benefit from future exploits/hacks. Thats just the way it is these days, and not something unique to the Vita.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

15 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

The Vita isnt that much of a hassle to work with tbh.... Its so limited in the first place with what it can or can not do. The most tricky exploit available is probably the email/update installation glitch. That one can take quite a few tries before it starts installing the intended program... But last I checked there were quite a few tools that dumbed down this process close to toddler-lever. I played with it the same day the method was released :rolleyes:

As for updates, that has been the case ever since the last gen(ps3/360, and wiiu if you want to count that as last gen). If you update, you risk being unable to benefit from future exploits/hacks. Thats just the way it is these days, and not something unique to the Vita.

first of all, u can't plug a memory card directly into the computer.  u have to use a hacked cma, opencma or, open-sourced, qcma, instead of cma.  on top of that, u have to use vita update blocker or opencma/qcma won't work at all.  this doesn't always work for people which is y some suggest using airplane mode on the vita.  no such mode exists on the pstv.  second, u need a ps3, hacked or otherwise, to transfer content to ur vita without updating.  third, rejuvenate requires daily licenses.  fourth, demos r blacklisted from both cma types, so u have to purchase games which brings me to my second point.  fifth, to install an update manually, u must alter an xml file via cma instead of just installing like u would with the ps3.  sixth, to alter debug settings u have to hex edit since u can't alter manually like with the ps3.  it's comparing apples to oranges really.  all 360s r hackable.  u can do anything with one - play xbox games u normally can't with hacked xbox files, play out-of-region games, store dlc on an external hdd (which u can also do on ofw), play xblig with a faux live connection, etc.  heck, the system even changes discs for u with multi-disc games.  ur only limited by the glitch chip u use.  with the ps3, u can play ps1, ps2, psp, ps3 games without much of a hassle.  well, u can pretty much do what an xbox 360 can do except not all systems r hackable.  the hacks really stop at 3.55 or metldr 1/bootldr 1.  with the wii-u, again, ur stopped at 5.5.0.  payloads exist for 5.3.2 and lower.  the system will detect which firmware ur on and load the appropriate payload.  u see it's not really the same.  ur not limited from firmware to firmware.  ur stopped entirely.

edit: I thought of a seventh.  u have to use qcma to install pkg files over the network, because the host location doesn't exist on a retail vita.

edit 2: the bgdl folder is the pkg folder for the vita, possibly the ps4 as well, but I don't think it's considered the host folder.  I'd have to check that to make sure.  that's what's used with rejuvenate installations.

Edited by pinky

1. Ofc not, you plug the Vita into the PC and not the memcard.... CMA works fine with wifi turned off. Updateblocker, never used. local proxy is a lot more convenient, and offer a lot more flexibility and customization, and can be used for all your consoles. Im using it for my WiiU and Vita, instead of running 2 different programs and/or relying on some external proxy that can go down at any time.

For special functions that CMA does not offer, of course you need to use qcma or ocma. Thats really no different than using an FTP server on the PS3.

2. No you dont. I have never used my PS3 to transfer content to my Vita. The only time you would need that is if you buy new PSN stuff, then you need to download it on your PS3 and transfer it to the Vita. Your old backups transfers just fine through CMA though.

3. Only if you close it. Ive had my Reju running since early december last year. But yes, the boot process of reju is a pain, which I've already said several times.

5. Not entirely true. You can use a redirection in your proxy server to replace the update package with the desired one. If its a PSTV you can just update it through USB directly. Same thing applies to the PSTV as the PS3 - unplug all ethernet cables, make sure its offline from your wifi and remove any game cart before updating, as USB-updating is the last on the check-list - just like on PS3.

6. No one has claimed the Vita is fully hacked and allows you to do all the things you can on a PS3 or 360. The Vita itself isnt hacked at all, just the ePSP and a few application exploits(email, PSM and a few PSP games to enter shity ePSP).

The Vita is region free though, just like the PS3. No need for any hack to play out of region games - just pop the cart into the Vita and play it.

Again, no one has claimed the Vita is fully hacked, so I dont understand why youre even bringing up the PS3 or 360.... The amount of processing power we have access to on the Vita is barely half of what the Vita actually have.

The WiiU "stops at" 5.5.1, not 5.5.0. And I put quotations around "stops at" since theres nothing public for 5.5.x thats interesting, only userland. 5.4.0 however, can do everything 5.3.2 can, since it uses the same kex as 5.3.2. It only lacked a userland exploit before, which is the same as the 5.5.x one. So when that got released couple of months back, 5.4.0 users got the same features as 5.3.2 right away.... 5.5.x users are still waiting for the circlejerkers to stop jerking off and release something though..................

I don't want to get into an argument here or I'll just leave.  I don't agree with most of what u said.  my friend is a beta tester for several things.  the fact is that a lot of people have issues with the vita.  whether u do, is irrelevant.  I mentioned the 360/ps3 to illustrate that u have total control of the system while ur using exploits with the vita.  I don't know y u mention the wii-u when ur going based on what u've read when u don't have a hackable system.  u should only talk about systems u have experience with rather than going by what u've read.

Erm, I brought up the WiiU since you claimed it "stopped a 5.5.0", which is untrue, as 5.5.1 is identical to 5.5.0 as far as the available exploits goes. Theres only a tiny change in the webkit between the 2 versions, a change that did NOT affect the userland exploit. I know for a FACT the userland exploit works just fine on 5.5.1 without a single change from 5.5.0.

I also know the unreleased kex and iosu exploits works fine on 5.5.1 exactly as on 5.5.0. Granted, that one I read in text on my monitor with my eyes, but somehow I doubt the independent devs themselves would lie in PM's over such a trivial matter... Also, as far as you know, maybe I have access to said exploit? You dont know that, so I suggest you stop assuming things ;) 

And in case you somehow convinced youself that I dont have a WiiU, or even a Vita - you are dead wrong.

It is also a fact that 5.4.0 now have access to the same stuff 5.3.2 have. The kernel have been public for ages, they only lacked a userland exploit, which was released a couple of months ago.

I honestly have no idea why youre acting all butt hurt just because our experiences differs. I guess youre just "that" kind of person....

If you cant handle someone having different opinion/experience than the almighty you without getting a truckload of sand in your vagina, then by all means feel free to leave. I honestly dont give a shit about people getting butt hurt as soon as someone disagrees with you.

Also note that all the text in this post is in standard color, meaning its written solely as a user of this forum, and have absolutely nothing to do with my staff tag.

So if you decide to run away, do me one favor - by all means call me out being an idiot, big meany bully or whatever, but do it as me as an user and not as a staff member. 

• GregoryRasputin
2 hours ago, pinky said:

I don't want to get into an argument here or I'll just leave.  I don't agree with most of what u said.  

1.) I seen it as a friendly disagreement, but not an argument, just two adults having a friendly discussion, you are free to agree or disagree with him, just as he is with you.

2.) No need to leave, feel free to speak your mind, none of the people here with staff badges will abuse you or your account, nor will you get banned for merely having different opinions as someone else. 

• Upvote 2

I agree with Greg. Don't make it out as an argument. It's just a difference of opinions. I actually encourage difference in opinions. If everyone agreed all the time about everything, life would pretty damn dull. Plus you learn a lot out of discussions, as long as you keep an open mind and don't take things to a personal level. It's all in good fun and personal expression. :)

Edited by Bigbones87
  • Upvote 2
On 4/26/2016 at 5:54 AM, GregoryRasputin said:

1.) I seen it as a friendly disagreement, but not an argument, just two adults having a friendly discussion, you are free to agree or disagree with him, just as he is with you.

2.) No need to leave, feel free to speak your mind, none of the people here with staff badges will abuse you or your account, nor will you get banned for merely having different opinions as someone else. 

15 hours ago, Bigbones87 said:

I agree with Greg. Don't make it out as an argument. It's just a difference of opinions. I actually encourage difference in opinions. If everyone agreed all the time about everything, life would pretty damn dull. Plus you learn a lot out of discussions, as long as you keep an open mind and don't take things to a personal level. It's all in good fun and personal expression. :)

thank u.  I only made that comment, because I didn't want to get angry, so I thought I'd back off for a bit.  cooler heads prevail.  :P

Edited by pinky