GregoryRasputin

Do NOT Pay To Convert Xbox One To Dev Console

Quite recently Microsoft made it possible for Xbox One owners to turn their consoles into developer machines, here is a little information about it via Ploygon:

9E4egOT.jpg

While the preview of Dev Mode is available to anyone now, Charla stressed that most people should wait until its full release later this summer.

"You might run into issues now," he said.

The preview only offers access to 448 MB of the Xbox One's 8 GB of RAM. When Dev Mode comes out of preview, Charla said, developers will have access to the full 1 GB of RAM supported for UWP Xbox games.

"It's also a preview," he added. "And we want to be able to test things still in the preview."

DEV MODE DEMO
In a short demonstration over Skype earlier this week, Charla showed how easy it is to switch a retail Xbox One into one that can be used for testing UWP apps and games.

First, a user has to download the Dev Mode activation app from the Xbox Games Store. Launching the app kicks off a welcome screen and a link to documentation that details what to expect when you switch over from retail to a dev kit, as well as the requirements.

The requirements include that you:

• Join the Windows Insider Program
  • Are running Windows 10 on your PC
  • Have a wired connection to your PC from your Xbox One
  • Install the latest Visual Studio 2015 and Windows builds
  • Have at least 30 GB of storage free on your console

The introduction also warns that once you've converted your console over, you may occasionally run into issues running retail games. In addition, the introduction says, leaving Dev Mode will require resetting your console to its factory settings and uninstalling all of your games, apps and content.

Upon agreeing, you're given a code that can be entered on your computer once you sign into your Dev Center account. The activation can take awhile and usually requires updating your console. Once it's complete, the console restarts and returns you to your standard startup screen.

"It doesn't take a lot of time to switch to Dev Mode," Charla said as he took me through the process on Microsoft's remote console.

After setting up Dev Mode, a user simply pairs their Xbox One with Visual Studio, which sees the console as a Windows 10 machine to which it can deploy content directly through a wired connection.

"When a UWP app is running, it doesn't know it's running on an Xbox," Charla said. "It just knows it's a Windows 10 device."

Now instead of me bringing you awesome news about this, instead of doing that  am having to warn people of a scam that is being put around by fake developer scam artist GTAWWEKID, who is selling access to this on her website for $59.99 as well as on eBay for $19.99

Now to be 100% clear, the only cost that you have to pay is $19 to Microsoft for a developer account, this account will be yours, but if you bought it GTAWWEKID, the account would still belong to her and you would have lost more money than you would have had to pay Microsoft, here is some information about the scam:

https://speakyourmind.space/anonymous/2016/04/gtawwekid-is-a-scam-artist-liar-and-thief-ps4-xboxone-xbone-2/

If you want to turn your retail Xbox One into a developer machine, do it the right way and at the official Microsoft website here

Edit

Tip for Xbox One retail information thanks to @xxmcvapourxx

completely a scam... i know. was just there when you confronted her.well i read the shoutbox anyway. SHE CLAIMS SHE NEEDS THE MONEY FOR BILLS YET SHE HAS THE MONEY FOR AN ATTORNEY? That just doesn't add up.. and plus when you add in the "FACTS" (special air quotes) that she's selling this stuff on ebay.. ffs. as a service wth.. and also ugh.. @Lucif3r @cfwprophet don't you guys get f*cking tired of hearing about this transgender liar? i have to admit.. it's only $19.00 for a Dev account on microsoft.. or so i hear. from a very reliable source @GregoryRasputin. which is cheap.even for the spoiled rich kids who take advantage of the nooby and gullible.  and yet she claims to have gotten it for free. i really cannot believe her. and the worst part is... people beleive her on reddit.com wtf.

Your welcome greg ?

3zuzX9d.png

and

get a load of this you think it's an empty threat? also she sais you are mr v1rus wth..

@GregoryRasputin

D0Ep63S.png

LOL she thinks i am a website hacker, she is even more dumb than i gave her credit for.

j6vKISg.png

i wrote this as i am sure you saw on page 15 of that rant thread. i know some people would agree, for sure! and i don't mean anyone in particular either. 

I dont know what's funnier... That fagskank's continued bullshit, or the thought of Greg being a website hacker lol.

Greg can haxxor my website anytime ;)

Rasputin iz so 1337  /me fangirls out of the room

Edited by LostDeathKnight

4 hours ago, B7U3C50SS said:

j6vKISg.png

i wrote this as i am sure you saw on page 15 of that rant thread. i know some people would agree, for sure! and i don't mean anyone in particular either. 

....SEE !!

I told you about TheBoss...or didn't i ?

^^ and i know that scene now for quite a bit and i also know who is a fucking scammer and who not....TheBoss, BigBoss, PS3NEWS, PS4NEWS is the same kind of scammer then like GTW what ever.

But just wait ^^ i have somethign ready and i think it is time to tell the whole world again and again and again and again who is the scammer and where does all the hackers life and enjoi their stay in the scene.

Edited by cfwprophet

@cfwprophet you keep saying you have something ready.. i even talked to you about it in length on twitter. dm's and what not. ;) what's the eta on that btw as of now? last time i checked it was pretty soon. and yes you are right that boss of the site. he was protecting her. but she got banned by me today. and the other account she made. i made sure he banned it. because i mysteriously could not access that account in order to ban it.. she didn't share details of the account named happy feather?? (HER BACKUP ACCOUNT) I call fallacy! it was a standard account. is that a privacy option on xenforo that i am unaware of?? so yeah... he protected her.. also what's the deal on your project? coming soon to ps4 and other devices near you? :D 

There is no ETA cause im not a idiot like may some else ^^

even if the project is a good as finished, there is in end a lot of other stuff which i think a lot of peopels don't understand. first im not in a rush cause i do that for fun and my main goal is ever to, at least, try to finish a project as good as possible. Which includes testing, which includes re-reading of the whole code, sometimes after your done and read your code again, you find lines where you ask your self what was wrong with you to this time. then it also depends on how you write or what you write. like the fun stuff starts when you eg. loop over user input and need to check x-things if the user did a correct input and what to do if not, what shall be printed out, where to jump from there. their might be people's out there that simple write one line, what shall be done and ok. well if they like their code that way, it is their turn. but i like to provide something solid. ^^

it also depends on the project. if it would only about that single app which i wanted to write initialy, then i would be done since 2 week's. but the problem we have in the scene is that the open soource scene SDK is not really a SDK. it is a "neard" collection of some tiny lib's. and that it was. so...i developer right now isn't even able to jump into and start writting shit.

as i asked for such a "tcp listener" to simple view what's going on, on the con and to put it into the SDK i got told: "Sorry it is private, i can't share"....

-.-³

uhum......A TCP LISTENER ???? PRIVATE ?????

...mate ther is a own TCP Listener class already in VisualStudio. ready to set up with 'TCPListener server = new TCPListener(IP, PORT);' and your good to go to either use that basic shit to only view the incomming data of the TCP port to debug and have fun or to go on and write some loop out of it to even interact in real time with your application running on the PS4.

again A TCP LISTENER IS PRIVATE !!!!!!!

-.-³

so you and others may even can't understand how much work their need first to be done that a dev like me can write some simple basic lines of code to do some fun and to interact with my app, without that i need to be in a "accepted range" of developers.

realy i give a such a big mountains of shit on it.....

Edited by cfwprophet

7 hours ago, LostDeathKnight said:

Greg can haxxor my website anytime ;)

Rasputin iz so 1337  /me fangirls out of the room

he is superman :D put your di*ck on her face greg =)) fu*ck this b!tch . 

1 hour ago, Cr0w said:

put your di*ck on her face greg =))

It's not big enough :(

censored bitches :D greg you can delete the post , your mention about that pic i posted on irc makes change on me , srsly im scared about that 

Edited by Cr0w

8 hours ago, B7U3C50SS said:

@cfwprophet you keep saying you have something ready.. i even talked to you about it in length on twitter. dm's and what not. ;) what's the eta on that btw as of now? last time i checked it was pretty soon. and yes you are right that boss of the site. he was protecting her. but she got banned by me today. and the other account she made. i made sure he banned it. because i mysteriously could not access that account in order to ban it.. she didn't share details of the account named happy feather?? (HER BACKUP ACCOUNT) I call fallacy! it was a standard account. is that a privacy option on xenforo that i am unaware of?? so yeah... he protected her.. also what's the deal on your project? coming soon to ps4 and other devices near you? :D 

15 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

LOL she thinks i am a website hacker, she is even more dumb than i gave her credit for.

you'd think that people would see through that poser by now but she's still trying to take advantage of people :/ it disappoints me how some people can be so selfish in this world. money is hard to come by and instead of stealing it and lying for E-Fame she should get off her whatever she has down there and do some solid hard work. at least then it will give her a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment since the money was earned through good means. i just can't understand how someone can think it's alright to do what she is doing. 

8 hours ago, cfwprophet said:

There is no ETA cause im not a idiot like may some else ^^

even if the project is a good as finished, there is in end a lot of other stuff which i think a lot of peopels don't understand. first im not in a rush cause i do that for fun and my main goal is ever to, at least, try to finish a project as good as possible. Which includes testing, which includes re-reading of the whole code, sometimes after your done and read your code again, you find lines where you ask your self what was wrong with you to this time. then it also depends on how you write or what you write. like the fun stuff starts when you eg. loop over user input and need to check x-things if the user did a correct input and what to do if not, what shall be printed out, where to jump from there. their might be people's out there that simple write one line, what shall be done and ok. well if they like their code that way, it is their turn. but i like to provide something solid. ^^

it also depends on the project. if it would only about that single app which i wanted to write initialy, then i would be done since 2 week's. but the problem we have in the scene is that the open soource scene SDK is not really a SDK. it is a "neard" collection of some tiny lib's. and that it was. so...i developer right now isn't even able to jump into and start writting shit.

as i asked for such a "tcp listener" to simple view what's going on, on the con and to put it into the SDK i got told: "Sorry it is private, i can't share"....

-.-³

uhum......A TCP LISTENER ???? PRIVATE ?????

...mate ther is a own TCP Listener class already in VisualStudio. ready to set up with 'TCPListener server = new TCPListener(IP, PORT);' and your good to go to either use that basic shit to only view the incomming data of the TCP port to debug and have fun or to go on and write some loop out of it to even interact in real time with your application running on the PS4.

again A TCP LISTENER IS PRIVATE !!!!!!!

-.-³

so you and others may even can't understand how much work their need first to be done that a dev like me can write some simple basic lines of code to do some fun and to interact with my app, without that i need to be in a "accepted range" of developers.

realy i give a such a big mountains of shit on it.....

hey buddy, i know how these things take time to perfect. i feel the same way as you, i would rather make something perfect before i release it too. i am not capable of doing what you do yet but i hope to be able to soon. 

just take your time with what you're doing :) we all have nothing but time, and then we know that you have put your best efforts into the work and you can be satisfied with what you have done too. best of luck and most of all, have fun :P 

@zapptheman stated it perfectly. but who wants this project to be kept private anyway? it doesn't sound like that's really a necessity at this point as I have talked in length about it to @cfwprophet as well. who also made a good point about why it should not be kept private.. i mean why should it be? Ohh That MrV1rus dude put this on the shoutbox on PSXHAX i guess he reported her to microsoft! they are making a making a case against her now. lol 

bff365c0c16122f999003f93842fa88d.png

EDIT: why in the world did i not put a disclaimer here? i thought i did.

DISCLAIMER: THIS WASN'T MY DOING.. IT WAS VultrAID's over at PSXHAX.. if someone saw another disclaimer here and it was erased please tell me. i don't remember anymore. you're honesty would be much appreciated.

Edited by B7U3C50SS
typos

On 4/15/2016 at 10:04 AM, B7U3C50SS said:

@zapptheman stated it perfectly. but who wants this project to be kept private anyway? it doesn't sound like that's really a necessity at this point as I have talked in length about it to @cfwprophet as well. who also made a good point about why it should not be kept private.. i mean why should it be? Ohh That MrV1rus dude put this on the shoutbox on PSXHAX i guess he reported her to microsoft! they are making a making a case against her now. lol 

bff365c0c16122f999003f93842fa88d.png

tbh i would have thought microsoft was already on top of her. none the less, they should squash her for every penny