fx0day

[Tutorial] Running Ubuntu (or others) on PS4

43 minutes ago, eXtreme said:

We are closer to dump the file system we need ;)

If you thing you're going to access the PS4 Fs under linux you're wrong :sleepy:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fx0day said:

If you thing you're going to access the PS4 Fs under linux you're wrong :sleepy:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

no I'm not thinking that we have more access with linux. but I heard something that we will dump the filesystem soon ;)

Feel free to show your Mods @ PS4 etreme Modding - This is for the Modders

278.jpg

1 minute ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

no I'm not thinking that we have more access with linux. but I heard something that we will dump the filesystem soon ;)

278.jpg

3 minutes ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

no I'm not thinking that we have more access with linux but I heard something that we will dump the filesystem soon ;)

278.jpg

4 minutes ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

no I'm not thinking that we have more access with linux but I heard something that we will dump the filesystem soon ;)

278.jpg

4 minutes ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

278.jpg

5 minutes ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

278.jpg

But with Ps4link ... ;)

278.jpg

But with Ps4link ... ;)

278.jpg

But with Ps4link ... ;)

278.jpg

lol please fix this forum :)

278.jpg

1 hour ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

It's been done, I saw someone in dev channel that can read/write to internal HDD and that's how they run Linux.

2 hours ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

2 hours ago, SonyUSA said:

It's been done, I saw someone in dev channel that can read/write to internal HDD and that's how they run Linux.

i wouldn't say "PS4Link it self" is the magic ^^

it's kernel code execution and controle.

and again it hase nothing to do with linus. only to be able to write to the HDD from linus does not mean they hacked the con via linus.

please really you have the dev title. you should know how to boot into FSM from retail PS4 mode. Not Linus, not DEBUG.....

Edited by cfwprophet

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

28 minutes ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

1 minute ago, SonyUSA said:

i would say "PS4Link it self" is the magic ^^

it's kernel code execution and controle.

and again it hase nothing to do with linus. only to be able to write to the HDD from linus does not mean they hacked the con via linus.

please really you have the dev title. you should know how to boot into FSM from retail PS4 mode. Not Linus, not DEBUG.....

Linux is NOT going to help you to dump your Fs , it's the same thing that if you take apart your PS4 Hdd and mount it under any linux distrib , you won't see anything (that would be too easy)

The best way to dump the Fs is to be under Orbis OS ... WIth Ps4link for example ;)

aynway we will see more and more progress :)

278.jpg

1 hour ago, fx0day said:

Linux is NOT going to help you to dump your Fs , it's the same thing that if you take apart your PS4 Hdd and mount it under any linux distrib , you won't see anything (that would be too easy)

The best way to dump the Fs is to be under Orbis OS ... WIth Ps4link for example ;)

Have you gotten PS4Link to work? o.o

the fuck is up with all the double, triple and quadruple posts? O.o

edit: Oh I see, something went wrong blabla... again.............................

Edited by Lucif3r

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

3 hours ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

by the way i would suggest you to wait a few days cause im working on a modded version of the PS4-SDK to expand functionallity.

i coded the last days and nights on it and added stuff, embeded other sources into the SDK that we as dev will need to work proper. like a debug network is now embeded into the SDK and you simple need to run one function like debugNetInit().

as you may can see, the function call above is from @bigboss's ps4 link which will be also included into the sdk with even keeping the basic example as a own function in case of you may quick wanna check somehting.

or a other dev can now go on and write out a full functional ssh and extend the basic features of it. since it is embeded into the SDK you don't need to take care of any other source and adjust it for your project.

also i embeded marcans kernel.c which gives us now the possability to dynamical resolve kernel functions and also dynamical dump the kernel (where some one jsut need to write a few lines of a dumper and interact with the libMemoria then) along with the possability that dev's now even can easy install their own Custom Systemcall. it's a embeded function of the SDK now.

yea beside a lot of other stuff i included or improved. so may read something meanwhile or get familar with other stuff if you have needs for and gimmi a bit to finish my work and test everything if it is working like expected.

Edited by cfwprophet

3 hours ago, fx0day said:

But with Ps4link ... ;)

by the way i would suggest you to wait a few days cause im working on a modded version of hte PS4-SDK to expand functionallity.

i coded the last days and night on it and added stuff, embeded other sources into the SDK we as dev will need to work proper. like a debug network is now embeded into the SDK and you simple need to run one function like debugNetInit().

as you may can see, the function call above is from @bigboss's ps4 link which will be also included into the sdk with even keeping the basic example as a own function in case of you may quick wanna check somehting.

or a other dev can now go on and write out a full functional ssh and extend the basic features of it. since it is embeded into the SDK you don't need to take care of any other source and adjust it for your project.

also i embeded marcans kernel.c which gives us now the possability to dynamical resolve kernel functions and also dynamical dump the kernel (where some one jsut need to write a few lines of a dumper and interact with the libMemoria then) along with the possability that dev's now even can easy install their own Custom Systemcall. it's a embeded function of the SDK now.

yea beside a lot of other stuff i included or improved. so may read something meanwhile or get familar with other stuff if you have needs for and gimmi a bit to finish my work and test everything if it is working like expected.

From Kr105 :
The included ethernet driver on the published kernel supports only 1gbps link. 100mbps is not supported yet

So if you have a 1gbps switch network will work ;)