Egg 'n' chips

Will You Or Wont You?

Will You Or Wont You?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. With the announcement of PlayStation VR and its reasonable price tag, will you go out and buy one or not?

• oh god yes!
    • need a ps4 first.
    • sod that for the price of 20 bensons.
    • will wait and see what comes of it first.
    • im happy with my google cardboard.
    • my wife wont let me.

I'd like one,but i think i want it just for sake of owning one atm. once more content is readliy available for it that id like to play rather than...this is what there is take it or leave.

im suprised on the price tag, i was expecting alot more with ti being sony.

also, if i did own it,how much i play it? would i rather just put my feet up and spend a hour on uncharted while the kids are out with mummy or would i rather get up spinning around flailing my arms around like michael flatleys legs in lord of the dance.

will sony treat it like they did the vita and pstv?

^^

No it is no Vita.

No it is not just like "Oh wait and let's see..."

It is the future. Next step then is Holo Tec.

BMW allready showed the first few car's that don't have ANY analoge stuff any more excluding the weel. Everything is showen AND controlled by Holo Tec.

The next step after this is that SmartPhones or SmartGlasses or SmartWatches WHAT EVER :D will get Holo chips....which are allready in the 3th if not 4th generation of production. Which means that after the Holo Cars we will have Holo shit flying arround us mostly all the time. So VR isn't just a Vita or neard gimmig.

IT IS THE FUTURE !!!

:D

Edited by cfwprophet

I dont even have a PS4, so buying PSVR+PS4 would land at the same price as a proper VR like Oculus or VIVE(ok, vive is a tad more expensive)..... Yes, they require quite a good PC for best experience.... But I need/want a new PC anyway, so that cost will exist regardless....

And, PC already have TONS of VR games available TODAY, PLUS you can play ANY PC game in VR, albeit with limited motion controls.

So as far as games goes, PSVR have already lost.

33 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

I dont even have a PS4, so buying PSVR+PS4 would land at the same price as a proper VR like Oculus or VIVE(ok, vive is a tad more expensive)..... Yes, they require quite a good PC for best experience.... But I need/want a new PC anyway, so that cost will exist regardless....

And, PC already have TONS of VR games available TODAY, PLUS you can play ANY PC game in VR, albeit with limited motion controls.

So as far as games goes, PSVR have already lost.

You can also play all PS4 games in VR. :)

And to say PSVR have allready lost would be the same as PS4 hase allready lost :P

If you compare PSVR to the one from PC then it would be the same like to compare the PS4 or here games to the high end shit of the PC.

For sure it will not make sense for some one like you. But i know that there are enough humans on this planet left (that are not that much into PC like you or me and don't have a addiction ^^ to consoles like me to may have both) to make PSVR a success and that only for consoles.

Just like PC is not really in a rivalry with consoles, so the PSVR will also not into it with eg. the HTC Vive or the Oculus Rift.

Edited by cfwprophet

3 minutes ago, cfwprophet said:

You can also play all PS4 games in VR. :)

As far as I've read, you cant play the games in VR - you can use the headset to play a game normally, like a "big screen". Similar to the Rift support on the Bone.

2 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

As far as I've read, you cant play the games in VR - you can use the headset to play a game normally, like a "big screen". Similar to the Rift support on the Bone.

Uhm...yea right but this is without any game updated :P It's kind of that you are in a VR space and there is a screen where the game then do run on that screen.

its PSVR system software can render all standard PS4 games within the headset too, albeit on what is essentially a flat screen housed within a virtual space.

Source @StarMelter

So if dev's push a update for a game that's especially for VR it could be even "real" VR. Anyway...on PC there is always the way that some nerdy guy code some shit and add unsupported VR ability.