GregoryRasputin

45 Minutes To PlayStation VR Conference

Soon the world will find out the price and other details about Sony's Virtual Reality device for the PS4, the press event is invite only, but you can watch a live talk about it here, not sure if it will be live from the actual event, or if it will just be a bunch of people talking about it live:

Thanks for the link @StarMelter and @cfwprophet.

The Stream ended two hours ago! I found it! SWEET!

Uploadvr on Periscope: "PlayStationVR live stream"
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRJjaXVRDVGw

EDIT: i just noticed.. i thought that the video was a picture.. Omfg  i didn't realize you guys found the stream.. xD

Edited by B7U3C50SS

3 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

LOL @ those cheap-ass earplugs :D  Im sure they will deliver a greaaaaaat virtual reality sound experience *COUGH*

well...true but.....hhhheeeeeyyyyyyyyy duuuuuuude ^^

..simple use the headset of your desire :P

They should of made a cheap VR headset thing for the Vita to try and sidestep their apparent disregard for it. Similar to the Samsung GearVR, Make it 100 bucks. I'm not sure the feasibility of it because it wasn't designed to snap into anything. Also I the dimensions of the screen might not be ideal. But it wouldn't take that much effort and they could of made some quick digital download cash since those mobile VR games don't seem to have all that much going on. 

o.O

youuuuuuuuuuu knooooooow that the gear need the phone too ? o.O

ps. well wait...you didn't really mean to put the Vita into a kind of Sony gear ? XD

Edited by cfwprophet

Yeah I know the gear needs a phone. I'm actually trying to get one. because Samsung offers a free Gear VR with purchase of S7.

But it made me think that Sony could make a similar thing for the Vita. But on second thought I guess they would make one for Xperia phones before they would do it for the Vita I suppose.

Edited by thezander

^^ there is big diffrence in the VR from kind of Gear's and the one from Vive, Rift and PSVR.

it's not just the same but selled for more money. well but you will see for your self as soon you have the Gear, after you watched a few movies with it and then to play a game with something like Vive or PSVR.

one of thoes diff's is the head tracking. which on a smartphone is done by gyro sensor and on Vive, Rift, PSVR a cam is used to track the human.

well i understand that 400€ will be still to much for a lot of peoples but it will get cheaper sooner or later and if you ask me, to do some "half loved shit" like a Gear is a no go for me, i for my self better have PSVR.

may don't by the S7, save the money and buy a PSVR second hand for a bit cheaper then new. there are always peoples that don't like the new buyed stuff and quick re-sell it. :)

Yeah I know that these thing do not really compare with real VR headsets. I just thought it would be a good idea for Sony to try and milk the Vita and Xperia a little more because I doubt the contraptions are that expensive to produce. 

Also I am not really buying an S7 for myself. I work in a cell phone store and I just got a demo phone. And the thing launches for us tomorrow. So I am going to try and sign up for the promo and see if it get's approved. Then I can at least check it out, with out having any money into it. 

While the vita has a nice screen, its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too low-resolution to be used for VR. Then theres the issue of actually controlling it... phones you can just use a BT gamepad... Which you cant on a vita... Although I suppose it could be designed to use the back trackpad, but that would be weird...

As for tracking with a phone.. Yeah, it doesnt use cams, but the GearVR contains extra sensors. And, if you want to use it for your PC, you can easily build your own 6DOF tracker with a couple(well.... 6) of IR LEDs and a webcam(or a wiimote!) without IR filter.

Also, Rift/Vive does NOT track the HUMAN, it tracks the HEADSET and, in vives case, the CONTROLLERS. The only mass-produced consumer-product that actually tracks the human body at a reasonable price is the Kinect.... And we all know how good that is *cough*...

I didn't realize the Vita doesn't have an accelerometer. I guess it wouldn't work. As far as that goes. But as far as controlling. You could use the shoulder buttons or something. 

2 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

Also, Rift/Vive does NOT track the HUMAN, it tracks the HEADSET and, in vives case, the CONTROLLERS. 

-.- yea the headset....pussy.... :D

and not only in Vives case "the CONTROLLERS"...you forgot the bulb on move or the led on the DS4 ? ;)

:heart: @Lucif3r

Edited by cfwprophet