Hack The PS4 - Status for End Users

eXtreme

on another forum i get 2 links maybe some devs can take a look at it :)

inutial patch for ps4 toolchain

http://reviews.llvm.org/D11279

teach the autoconf mashinery about the ps4 tripple

http://reviews.llvm.org/rL227090

iam no dev so dont know whats going on there...

• Upvote 1

Any new updates or videos of bigboss's PS4LINK ??

I might get involved with this.  I have a second ps4 which I plan to sell this weekend.  I might buy another hackable ps4 at a later time.  I'm in no rush though.  I'm learning about the wii-u hacking scene at the moment.  I think I've got just about everything with the ps3, 360, and vita scenes.  :shy:

Ive installed pcbsd 11, clang38 on my pc and itching to to compile ps4link and get it running on my ps4

better write your own one...

imho link shouldn't be a library and what ever, it should more be a own app, like a file browsing tool as example.

also the shell is simple to un handy to port it and make a universal use of it.

so i wrote my own server, which is dynamically and not only tighten to one single app.

you guys really should start to write environment that every other dev can use too, without that he need to change something to make it run with his code.

also in ps4link there would be code removed regarding the kernel. so where the sense is to give the scene something, and to same time remove all the real goodies out of it, so that other dev's need to rebuild that goodie's, then i for my self don't see the sense of the release.

which did let me made my own mode of CTurt's SDK.

but how ever, if you peoples can't wait, better start to contribute and write apps every one can use.

it's not meaned negative but really, forget the ps4link.

• Upvote 1

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

Surely someone has compiled here ps4link.

senaxx is having all the fun

what have that to do with what i said ?

nothing cause the majority even don't understood of what im talking.

all what them interest is how to run pirated games.

and it is not todo ps4link. 

the app use some standart system call's to display the fs and what ever.

so every dev with a bit of clue can write his own 2 or 3 lines of code to display the fs.

but as said.....the main reason peoples want to have ps4link compiled is to do piracy or change some images of a pkg. 

which is all what you can do wioth that kind of.

but how ever. swapping a image of a pkg is even already called custom menu. ^^

• Upvote 1

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

Its looking like ps4link still needs tweaking to get running, i currently have been experiencing out of memory errors without modification and im sure ive compiled it just like he has with toolchain clang doing the link lib and standard clang 3.7 building the ldr.js file. Ive tried using xerpi's FTPS4 code but its a year old and throws and out of memory error when loading it after dlclose. The farthest i got was having feedback from FTPS4 without an exploit, but even there i couldnt transfer any files; what are we supposed to use filezilla? There doesnt seem to be any documentation. I assume anyone with ftp transfer capability has been using there own modded code of others or themselves to facilitate transfers and that no complete public code exists yet. Honestly id rather just deal with a simple ftp binary like FTPS4 if its been known to be working, compared to the hoops jumped through to get ps4link working.

I could be wrong since I have no experience with the ps4, but I believe I read that the "out of memory" error happens sometimes.  not sure about filezilla, but u could try mapping the network drive.  that's what I do with the 360.  u don't need a third-party ftp program that way either.

I will release this week a working version of Dlclose+ftp server+debug menu for everybody (a mix of bigboss and xerpi work) leave me time to debug some things ;)

You will be able to launch it with PS4-playground as a bin ...

Edited by fx0day
  • Upvote 4

nvm

Edited by majin93

• Developer

people with real problems with ps4link should open an issue in github repository. I can't be here often sorry.

memory error on loading is signal for wrong configuration in :

custom kern call  address   $0x93a4FFFF8 (hitodama and me we are using that now)

and binary loader position we are using that:

Text ?= 0x93a300000

Data ?= 0x93a400000

so checkout last sources from ps4link and libps4

Without info and logs about your error i can help you. As i say open an issue in repository with all your detailed info about your problem.

Anyway there is a new sdk in town(ps4sdk) at ps4dev repository , it is not finished but it has very promising features, and we wait to add more with help of people really interested in collaborate in an open source sdk for ps4 homebrew. If your interest is only run pirated games then it will not be the right place for you, ask other people/places for that.

There is a branch in (ps4link )  supporting it , documentation is not updated but developers are smart people so you can learn how to port your own code to ps4sdk.

There are issues opened at ps4sdk, so fork , code and we wait your pull requests

Advice: don't run code downloaded in binary without sources, compile it yourself.If you are running as root on your ps4, that code can make really nasty and bad things on it.

codec off :P

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to see a working version of this Sdk , a lot of good things have been added :heart:

Btw i hope you'll fix the issue #11 ,  i was too lazy to compile libPs4Kern_stub.a manually ;)

• 3 weeks later...

custom playground, nothing changed in the code, only edited html http://www.extreme-modding.de/PS4/1.76/Playground/index.html

• Upvote 1

Feel free to show your Mods @ PS4 etreme Modding - This is for the Modders

278.jpg

4 hours ago, eXtreme said:

custom playground, nothing changed in the code, only edited html http://www.extreme-modding.de/PS4/1.76/Playground/index.html

Nice stuff soon on 3.5 hopefully =)

graphics-disco-267139.gif

PS4 UI Mod™ 0.05 Alpha

20160527184945.jpg

20160527184953.jpg

20160527185038.jpg

http://extreme-modding.de/ps4-ui-mod-0-05-alpha-by-e✘treme/

Edited by eXtreme

278.jpg

• Upvote 1

278.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey has anyone gotten process memory dumping down? Ive been trying to do what CTurt described in his third article on PS4 hacking. Using ptrace to dump process memory, im missing bits like how to initialize things like mappingAddress etc that he must have intentionally left out. Anyone got any clues, so far SDKs from hitodama and CTurt have yet to provide examples on how to dump ps4 memory, at least in a meaningful way. lol unless im missing something. Im hoping that if i sflash is dumped from its PID then it will be decrypted?

For anyone interested ive added hitodamas elf-loader into ps4-playground, it links to a lower directory with the html and js files. You can now load elfs on your ps4 with wifi-loader or what ever you want to use. You also need to netcat to listen to your ps4 on port 5052 and send the elf on port 5053. Ive only tested it on my windows pc with a different ip but it should work fine. Here it is. https://mega.nz/#!PM0G2ABJ!BVm6vZckrElKE8L9vzq8wczWcy0Rjp3-1Gu5bsp7H80

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

278.jpg

Any of you lot managed to dump SAMU yet? if you have would any of you lot be kind to send me the dump. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, xxmcvapourxx said:

Any of you lot managed to dump SAMU yet? if you have would any of you lot be kind to send me the dump. 

I got your back, leaked it through gbase_samu_read_register. https://mega.nz/#!eZ0gABQB!_ywso3X8_utSe6v_30ZZ_LQz2p9RtrmkeRze2hssDSo

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I got your back, leaked it through gbase_samu_read_register. https://mega.nz/#!eZ0gABQB!_ywso3X8_utSe6v_30ZZ_LQz2p9RtrmkeRze2hssDSo

take that back your a git LOL LOL LOL LOL YOURSELF!!!

Edited by xxmcvapourxx
  • Upvote 1

funny :)

Edited by eXtreme

278.jpg

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested, i got ptrace going for dumping ps4 process memory, still cant get at kernel space processes, still need to get proc_rwmem working like CTurt hinted at which could make that possible.

Mind the comments and build with ps4dev/ps4sdk :) http://pastebin.com/qunQd1Zj

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 2