eXtreme

Hack The PS4 - Status for End Users

no I don't have a compiled build of his version, but I got the screen again. I have uploaded his fork of the playground, first time black screen and shut down, second time I saw the penguins. I really don't understand it but I will test further this shit.

Feel free to show your Mods @ PS4 etreme Modding - This is for the Modders

278.jpg

8 hours ago, eXtreme said:

yes it worked for one time, the led changed to blue after a few seconds and I made a screenshot. after that everytime a blackscreen (and I wait 1 or 2 minutes). I use the user guide method without proxy and the latest playground from CTurt. I can't understand it because I do it correct and can't find the issue.

my steps are always the same:

1. uploaded latest playground to my server

2. copy the 2 files from kR105 on usb (fat32) and connect to left usb port

3. open playground html via user guide (without proxy)

4. click load

How I said I have installed the rec fw and formatted the hdd, rebuild the database, formatted multiple times 2 usb sticks, tried it from a burned bd and downloaded the 2 files multiple times.

one thing, I have uploaded one or two versions of the playground after it worked the first time. I think CTurt has updated it 2 or 3 times the last days.

oh and xtreme have you tried ejecting the usb from pc first, sometimes i got just white light or itd be blue flashing purple and wouldn't find the files till i had the usb ejected from my pc and ps4 couldnt mount it. also try unplugging and plugging it in when its stuck on blue for ages. Its weird that there is not purple led pulse on yours, even without the usb stick though i get a purple pulse, i think that is in the kexec code that marcan wrote.

I got the purple pulsing light and yes I eject it everytime.

• Upvote 1

278.jpg

the one has 7.39gb and the other 14.4gb. I had both in the ps4 ports and the one with 7.39 was read now. but thefirst time the other was read, so the usb stick can't be the problem. I made a short video but now the same thing, only black screens after I saw the second time the linux screen.

after it worked this time, I removed the power cable and tried it the same way again but it's not working again.

Edited by eXtreme

278.jpg

Anyone got ptrace/proc_rwmem working properly? Just keeps stalling here. 

so you see it worked for the second time for me, but after that no success (the same way). I will format my stick again (not quick). do you think the issue could be the hdd ? I have changed the normal hdd with a sshd.

Edited by eXtreme

278.jpg

have plugged in the standard 500gb, same issue. after I click on Load! the browser hangs and then black screen/no tv signal. It worked 2 times only for me and I do it everytime the same way, I think it's a issue with the playground or with my server or whatever, I don't know.

278.jpg

3 hours ago, eXtreme said:

have plugged in the standard 500gb, same issue. after I click on Load! the browser hangs and then black screen/no tv signal. It worked 2 times only for me and I do it everytime the same way, I think it's a issue with the playground or with my server or whatever, I don't know.

Low wifi strength/slow network could be causing problems in the payload, try hard-wire and use the online playground instead of self-host maybe?

yeah, this is what I will try next.

lol no success, have used http://cturt.github.io/PS4-playground/

it make no fun anymore

Edited by eXtreme

278.jpg

Before I try.

How do I revert back to PS4 OS after installing.

PS4 PRO 1TB CUH7016B01 4.55 OFW

22 minutes ago, sinjanthu said:

Before I try.

How do I revert back to PS4 OS after installing.

... you aren't installing anything, it just runs in memory. You pull the power plug out, that's how you get back to PS4 Orbis.

• Upvote 1

^^ even more....it is set up as a Virtual Machine inside your mem :P.

marcan do use some function calls that are tighten to vm stuff. ;)

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

4 hours ago, SonyUSA said:
3 hours ago, cfwprophet said:

^^ even more....it is set up as a Virtual Machine inside your mem :P.

marcan do use some function calls that are tighten to vm stuff. ;)

... you aren't installing anything, it just runs in memory. You pull the power plug out, that's how you get back to PS4 Orbis.

I'll try now. Thanks

Edit : when I tried to press load. nothing happens . ??

Edited by sinjanthu

2 hours ago, sinjanthu said:

I'll try now. Thanks

Edit : when I tried to press load. nothing happens . ??

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you either do not have a 1.76 firmware PS4 or you didn't put the kernel and initramfs on a USB stick plugged into the PS4.

I think I have fixed my issue, have used simply the proxy method, tested 3 times with 2 usb sticks and 2 different initramfs.cpio.gz files, worked 3 times.

278.jpg

9 hours ago, SonyUSA said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you either do not have a 1.76 firmware PS4 or you didn't put the kernel and initramfs on a USB stick plugged into the PS4.

I had a 1.06 fw PS4 and updated it with 1.76 from PS4DevWiki.

And I downloaded the files from Kr105 

http://kr105.com/ps4kerneltest/

only once i saw a error msg " not enough free memory" then nothing. PS4 still works

updated ps4link, now i wait you will not have problems compiling all

• Upvote 3

On 4/4/2016 at 2:51 PM, ZenmasteR said:

Has anyone compiled and run the ps4link stuff from bigboss?

Hey big boss thanks for fixing that, i have the generated ldr.js in the local/ldr folder with my pc ip on it and waiting on 18194 just like you mention in the new readme, but im getting an out of memory every time i reach stage 5 on elfldr. Ive got all the new files you put up on the git a couple hours ago, you got any advice on what could be the issue?

Edited by wildcard

are you using libps4 from my repository or from ps4dev's repository?

i am using custom values for syscall address and ps4-bin.mk for my environment different than ps4dev or cturt values.

check if the problem can be there and use your own.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bigboss said:

are you using libps4 from my repository or from ps4dev's repository?

i am using custom values for syscall address and ps4-bin.mk for my environment different than ps4dev or cturt values.

check if the problem can be there and use your own.

Thats probably the issue, i just checked and its ps4dev repo not from psxdev, now i remember using psxdev libps4 i got loads of build errors for some reason and libps4 just worked fine. Ill look into what could be causing it to not compile and hopefully when it does it should make a valid ldr.js. Thanks!

update: Okay i got psxdev/libps4 branch compiled but i had to use my vm of freebsd to do it and not ubuntu. Set my ip in the ps4link source and generated a ldr.js copied it over to my ubuntu vm and tried loading with that but still getting a out of memory error. Ill try from scratch tomorrow from your git instructions and see if i can get it going hopefully.

Edited by wildcard

at last what i looked for there was stuff used in ps4link like signal() which is a cast from linus and not needed on the ps4 if you know the correct value and where to set.

so i doubt that a normal ps4-sdk will have this signal.c.

but as said...

#define MSG_NOSIGNAL            0x20000   /*    do not generate    SIGPIPE    on EOF   */

sceNetSend(dconfig->sockUDP, buffer, size, MSG_NOSIGNAL); 

;)

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

I got it running 3-4 times , but now i have the memory error like you everytime :(

I had some issue running the exploit in samples/payload exploit never worked ...

I think i don't have the good eventvar.h ,  what eventvar.h should i use ?