GregoryRasputin

@fail0verflow Show Linux Running On PS4

Well Linux running on a PC is no surprise, running on a customised underpowered gaming PC(PS4) is no surprise either, but until now no one has bothered to do it, enter fail0verflow to do their natural Linux molestation of a games console and we have PS4 Linux.

F3V0AiD.jpg

Watching the video was the most excited i have been with fail0veflows work since they released AsbestOS on the PS3, the video showed them launching Linux from the User Guide in the Settings area, when loaded, they launched an Emulator then showed the presentation slides all which seemed to running from the console itself, i am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Linux, but what they showed was impressive, not nearly as impressive as AsbestOS, but impressive in its own right.

Here is fail0verflows presentation:

FlJXeE1.png

7ra2Z52.png

3fwRF8N.png

gVwavsI.png

hdpeVGL.png

hX1gSRp.png

uTboi9K.png

surprise surprise, wait not really.  now put windows 10 on it so we can see what the underpowered gaming laptop can do XD

Also are ya ready for a true blu linux dongle for ps4 Greg XD  and then comes everybody's favorite the piracy, i mean homebrew totally meant homebrew

2 minutes ago, LostDeathKnight said:

surprise surprise, wait not really.  now put windows 10 on it so we can see what the underpowered gaming laptop can do XD

Also are ya ready for a true blu linux dongle for ps4 Greg XD

Yeah it was awesome on the PS3, but from what i understand of this, its just Linux running on a PC, through the Webkit exploit.

Also any dongles that come out, i won't let it stress me, if people are stupid enough to buy them, i will not try to stop them, i will let my voice known about them though.

Also with the emulator running, is the first case of piracy on the PS4 ? O.o

hehe see my ninja edit, and yes that is piracy on the ps4 already.  pirate pikachu gives no fucks

50689601.jpg

11 minutes ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Yeah it was awesome on the PS3, but from what i understand of this, its just Linux running on a PC, through the Webkit exploit.

Also any dongles that come out, i won't let it stress me, if people are stupid enough to buy them, i will not try to stop them, i will let my voice known about them though.

Also with the emulator running, is the first case of piracy on the PS4 ? O.o

uh no, not really. wrong. the first piracy where also done truth reall hack's like a kernel exploit. the linux on PS4 is interesting but i don't feel like you Greg ^^

there is much more allready in underground, much more interesting then gay linux on PS4 but how ever....piracy...yea, also if you want to point on something public, their was that gay PS4 PSN Game Share Trick remember ?
so f0f are in main low this time. ps4 linux mehh nothing woop woop, there is allready a Unix Sys with a bit of Linux running. It's not like @LostDeathKnight allready sayed they showed a Win 10 running on it. also it's not like they told something about a kernel exploit. well we don't know a lot about there exploit and they only say it is not the webkit. who cares ? they don't share unless "we" (how ever that shall be) comes up with a exploit that would match their one. da fuck, even if i start to work and go deeper, i wouldn't waste time to lick f0f ego epeen and balls. i would start to replicate CTurt's work which is for sure more of help then this Linux for PS4 although they don't share so what ?

Edited by cfwprophet

2 minutes ago, cfwprophet said:

i would start to replicate CTurt's work which is for sure more of help then this Linux for PS4 although they don't share so what ?

lol CTurt's work, you mean everybody else's work he claimed as his own.  just another epeen whore "look at me look at me, I'm sharing other people's work calling it my own.  oh no i'm gonna run away and hide now because i left info on the stuff i released that can lead straight back to me,  I R SUPER SMART HAXXOR OF PS4"

uh....i think you missed a bit dude...

2 minutes ago, LostDeathKnight said:

lol CTurt's work, you mean everybody else's work he claimed as his own.  just another epeen whore

21 minutes ago, LostDeathKnight said:

are ya ready for a true blu linux dongle for ps4

ahh the double ender butt plug

hX1gSRp.png

So at least Kernel Patches are going to be released... Be prepared with your own exploits xD!

38 minutes ago, cfwprophet said:

uh no, not really. wrong. the first piracy where also done truth reall hack's like a kernel exploit. the linux on PS4 is interesting but i don't feel like you Greg ^^

there is much more allready in underground, much more interesting then gay linux on PS4 but how ever....piracy...yea, also if you want to point on something public, their was that gay PS4 PSN Game Share Trick remember ?
so f0f are in main low this time. ps4 linux mehh nothing woop woop, there is allready a Unix Sys with a bit of Linux running. It's not like @LostDeathKnight allready sayed they showed a Win 10 running on it. also it's not like they told something about a kernel exploit. well we don't know a lot about there exploit and they only say it is not the webkit. who cares ? they don't share unless "we" (how ever that shall be) comes up with a exploit that would match their one. da fuck, even if i start to work and go deeper, i wouldn't waste time to lick f0f ego epeen and balls. i would start to replicate CTurt's work which is for sure more of help then this Linux for PS4 although they don't share so what ?

If you were up-to-date in the developer chat on skype you would know what's happening with CTurt's work ;)

1 minute ago, Joonie said:

hX1gSRp.png

So at least Kernel Patches are going to be released... Be prepared with your own exploits xD!

Are kernel patches something that can be utilized without an exploit? like a custom PS3UPDAT thing?

Just now, thezander said:

Are kernel patches something that can be utilized without an exploit? like a custom PS3UPDAT thing?

You're going to need that browser exploit nonetheless, as they have shown how to execute Linux with that browser trick

i don't need any fancy group ^^
i have skype and if some one would want to talk to me, they can do it also without to be in that fancy group. beside...who tell's you what i all know and what not... ;)

5 minutes ago, Red-EyeX32 said:

If you were up-to-date in the developer chat on skype you would know what's happening with CTurt's work ;)

Skype sucks, is insecure, full of idiots and is boring, IRC on the other hand, is secure, full of intelligent people and is fun.

4 minutes ago, Joonie said:

You're going to need that browser exploit nonetheless, as they have shown how to execute Linux with that browser trick

To be honest....just another WebKit exploit. What does not tell you that they, after the WK, don't use the badIRET to get linux running ?

Edited by cfwprophet

Just now, thezander said: Are kernel patches something that can be utilized without an exploit? like a custom PS3UPDAT thing?

This is the post on github.com failoverflow https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/0e16e4cfde70e1cf00f9fe3a8f601d10e73e0ec6

10 minutes ago, thezander said:

right now no.

2 minutes ago, franzes80 said:

no it's not they just pointed out on twitter.

Edited by cfwprophet

I'm not sure who to quote, but the linux isn't actually installed on the PS4? It's running through a VPN or something through the web exploit? 

1 hour ago, Red-EyeX32 said:

if it wasnt for me who introduced you to skype group 

52 minutes ago, xxmcvapourxx said:

Sorry Mr. Skype Invite. Lol

the firmware they use is under version 1.75 because in their video you see the system message is displayed on the top-right corner of the screen. sony changed the side of the screen in fw 1.75

Didn't I just say OtherOS coming soon to a PS4 near you..... I CAN SEE THE FUTURE.

Now this would be awesome if this works better than PS3 linux, and it appears that it indeed does work better.

Good ol' webkit. That shit still trips me out.

10 hours ago, Red-EyeX32 said:

Sorry Mr. Skype Invite. Lol

11 hours ago, xxmcvapourxx said:

there is a skype chat? 0_o lol.

13 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

IRC on the other hand, is secure

ahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

.... Sorry, but no, irc is not secure. Its a protocol from the late 80's which is mainly unchanged since.