GregoryRasputin

[Update] Non Retail PS4 Root Dump Released

Christmas is a time for loving and sharing, it is about spending time with the family and enjoying their company, which is why i am happy to let the PlayStationHaX family know that a little Christmas elf popped in to see me today and showed me something wonderful:

kyZjXGz.png

Of course with these being confidential Sony files, i cannot and will not link to any files.

You can read about work into hacking the PS4, you can check these links:

https://gist.github.com/CTurt/27fe7f3c241f69be19e5

https://cturt.github.io/ps4.html

http://wololo.net/2015/12/15/ps4-hack-cturt-showcases-the-filesystem-root-and-processes-in-ram/

EDIT

For those wondering, yes, this was released today.

UPDATE

Edited title to clear some things up a bit.

Oh great. is it released today or a week before?

looks like it was released today @sinjanthu but Greg doesn't mention it

interesting. I wish I could look into the filesystem to see which files could be modified.

It includes (part of?) a Microsoft DOS module. :rotflmao: I find that funny :P 

Aparently it's on a pastebin. Cleverly hidden...

great to see progress! merry christsmas everyone :)

Non Retail, is that like a DEX unit or something? Or the consoles that developers have to make games with?

Non Retail, is that like a DEX unit or something? Or the consoles that developers have to make games with?

Must be either devkit or testkit, not really useful unless you are registered to scedevnet due to its requirement of 90day activation. @flatz can do more stuff with his retail than guys who have dev/testkits.

From what I've experienced, most guys who are registered devs are not really interested in hacking consoles or helping scenes but rather selling stuff on auctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its from a test kit, FW 0.8.2. In other words - its pretty much useless as far as breaking a retail PS4 goes.

7 minutes ago, Lucif3r said:

Its from a test kit, FW 0.8.2. In other words - its pretty much useless as far as breaking a retail PS4 goes.

but i think everything should be useful for the PS4 scene, which it could lead to something else , if we put in consideration serendipity  if you know what i mean ,

am not good in english :)

5 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

It includes (part of?) a Microsoft DOS module. :rotflmao: I find that funny :P 

I see a grub config file in there. So the PS4 uses grub as the bootloader HAHAHAHAHAHA

OtherOS coming soon to a PS4 near you :P

4 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

I see a grub config file in there. So the PS4 uses grub as the bootloader HAHAHAHAHAHA

OtherOS coming soon to a PS4 near you :P

lol can you imagine they actually were thinking of implementing that in near future? OI GEOHOT WHERE YOU AT BRO? as if they would bring that back after all that. shame would have been cool to run windows on my ps4

So that's the equivalent of dev_hdd0 right? I'm not exactly sure how useful/intresting is this, things in dev_flash equivalent(s) should be more intresting/useful.

i doubt there is any encryption on those files.

2 hours ago, ps3dev said:

i doubt there is any encryption on those files.

you are correct. i already left the link on twitter, if you want to take a look.

@zecoxao

is it complete ? and then we have the files of the dev_flash also ?

XD guys that's still from a pre-FW, so don't think that thoes files will be of any help for the Otto 1337 user. :D

also "dev_flash" would be for PS4 the NOR flash it self and for that you need a PCK to decrypt CoreOS files.

if you want the 1:1 equivalent of dev_flash then this would be on the PS4 the "vsh" folder which is also not of use for any normal user cause it is a pre-FW. And a lot of stuff would be changed since 1.0 and higher.

Yes, this particular FW has almost nothing in common with the retail version. I really doubt the retail FW includes MS DOS :P 

only thing interesting about it is the kernel in it.

2 minutes ago, zecoxao said:

lgrub2.img ?

5 minutes ago, ps3dev said:

lgrub2.img ?

label boot: kernel lgrub2.img

7 minutes ago, ps3dev said:

lgrub2.img ?

no, orbisys (without extension)

32 minutes ago, zecoxao said:

and that is of any use for the Otto 1337 user here ? how many of thoes guys postet here, thinking they found the holly grail are even able to load that kernel correctly ?

looks like some of the files in the adm directory were compiled to be run on the test/devkit by the user who's fingerprints are inside them, I see their name is familiar, also looking at the output logs from the ps4devwiki you can easily match a few of the process's to the elfs.

Edited by ps3dev