[Updated 2] PS4 Accused Of Being A Potential Terrorist Tool

GregoryRasputin

• GregoryRasputin

So @NeoSabin tweeted this story i was all 'wtf O.o', the more i read the story and the various other sources, i am still at the 'wtf O.o' stage.

fA9clnn.jpg

Here is what NeoSabin re-tweeted:

So following the links i ended up on Forbes, firstly the title:

How Paris ISIS Terrorists May Have Used PlayStation 4 To Discuss And Plan Attacks

It seem's legitimate enough until you read the actual article and you realise that the title was put in place to grab attention, some would say 'click bait', because that is basically what it is.

Following Friday night’s terrorist attacks in Paris which killed at least 127 people and left more than 300 injured, authorities are discovering just how the massacre was planned. And it may involve the most popular gaming console in the world, Sony ’s PlayStation 4.

Ok it is the opening part of the story, so naturally there won't be any proof at this stage it is used, so we go down further in the article.

The hunt for those responsible (eight terrorists were killed Saturday night, but accomplices may still be at large) led to a number of raids in nearby Brussels. Evidence reportedly turned up included at least one PlayStation 4 console

So one of these scum bags owned a PS4, that in itself is not proof that the console was used for such acts as communicating terrorist acts, if only one was found, then how would he communicate with the other members of the terrorist cell, the PS4 is a powerful console, but it does not send messages telepathically, so the only way to communicate is for the others to have a PS4 console as well and at the moment, no others have been found, it is still not clear how the 'writer' of this article has come to his conclusion that the Paris attack was discussed on the PS4, next part of the article.

Belgian federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon said outright that the PS4 is by used ISIS agents to communicate, and was selected due to the fact that it’s notoriously hard to monitor. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp,” he said.

Let me follow the link to the site where Mr Jambon says this on The Bulletin:

“The thing that keeps me awake at night is the guy behind his computer, looking for messages from IS and other hate preachers,” he said. He warned of the growing use by terror networks of the gaming console PlayStation 4, which allows terrorists to communicate with each other and is difficult for the authorities to monitor. “PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp,” he said.

No, no he didn't say that ISIS agents use the PS4 to communicate, what we actually have is something written by author of that story, perhaps taken from the line  'PlayStation 4 is even more difficult to keep track of than WhatsApp', but it is still all speculation.

Have terrorists spoken to each other using the PS4 ?, possibly, they could also have spoken to each other using many, many other devices and methods, just because a console was found does not mean that it was specifically used to organise this attack.

I suppose the highlight of the Forbes article is this part.

The scary part of all this is that there are probably still a number of ways that terrorists could send messages to each other without speaking a word, if they really wanted to. An ISIS agent could spell out an attack plan in Super Mario Maker’s coins and share it privately with a friend, or two Call of Duty players could write messages to each other on a wall in a disappearing spray of bullets. It may sound ridiculous, but it would almost be impossible to track.

Made even more more ridiculous by the fact International Business Times posted this

A member of the Islamic State group, also known as ISIS or ISIL, could convey an attack plan in Super Mario Maker’s coins and share it privately with another PS4 user. A player in Call Of Duty could shoot at a wall and write a disappearing message in bullets to another player, Forbes reported.

Forbes Article

Via

Thanks to NeoSabin

To me, all i see are a bunch of people talking and speculating about something they have zero understanding about.

UPDATE

I have been forced to update, to confirm that the Forbes writer is a bigger dumb cunt than i originally though, here is the update on his article:

Correction: This post has been edited as it has not been confirmed that a console was found as a result of these specific Belgian terror raids. Minister Jambon was speaking about tactics he knows ISIS to be using generally. Evidence gathered in recent raids has not been publicly listed.

UPDATE 2

I know I shouldn't get angry about this, but i feel that  should have been more sympathetic to the situation and done some research, he wrote an article that was of course going to grab readers attention, after all the PS4 is the most popular gaming device out there, all this when he had no fucking proof that any of the attackers had a fucking PS4, then he writes this story to defend his shitty fucking writing >.<

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/11/16/on-game-consoles-terrorism-and-missing-the-point/

I think Forbes should donate any revenue from advertising money that they gained to a French charity connected with the horrible events that happened in Paris.

Journalists do fucking research and do not take advantage of a terrible situation to get hits and gain money when you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

• Upvote 6

so...much.... FAIL....................................!!!! the writer seems willing to find ANY EXCUSE to say PS4 or PlayStaion or a fucking video game console is evil.. great. another idiot that works at Forbes. reading the original neogaf article now it seems like they are laughing at the writer. and why shouldn't they?? XD he's obviously a moron. i bet this will show up on ReviewTechUSA's YouTube Channel LOL!! :D god that writer's an idiot..

Edited by B7U3C50SS

"convey an attack plan in Super Mario Maker’s coins and share it privately with another PS4 user"

eughm..jaefa.dv..... I dont even have a meme suitable enough to point out the enormous failure in that statement.......................... Seriously, these idiots should be banned from the internet.

If youre going to write about sensitive subject, at least spend half a fucking second on google before submitting your shit.

• Upvote 5

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

WOW I'm speechless, so according to writer those scums had the great idea of using an expensive console system as a communication tool instead of some free software that do a better job .... lame

• Upvote 3

Don't ming my English skilzzz

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, Lucif3r said:

"convey an attack plan in Super Mario Maker’s coins and share it privately with another PS4 user"

eughm..jaefa.dv..... I dont even have a meme suitable enough to point out the enormous failure in that statement.......................... Seriously, these idiots should be banned from the internet.

If youre going to write about sensitive subject, at least spend half a fucking second on google before submitting your shit.

I thought you were joking or exaggerating before I actually read it in the first post then the article. 

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

"Hey guys if you want to jihad, make sure to join my PS4 community page to keep up with the latest attack spots."

Seems possible. :l 

7 minutes ago, tjhooker73 said:

"Hey guys if you want to jihad, make sure to join my PS4 community page to keep up with the latest attack spots."

Seems possible. :l 

yeah... that's what i was trying to say!! by these WRITERS ARE GODDAMN IDIOTS!! They'll believe anything.. OR AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE THEIR OLD TIMER READERS  BELIEVE ANYTHING 

Next thing you know the "Jailbroken PSP" will be capable of setting houses on ABLAZE......BULLSHIT!!

I swear to GOD (and maybe to F*CK) these articles are getting dumber and dumber as days pass.

Edited by B7U3C50SS
typo
  • Upvote 1

The readers also gets dumber and dumber, allowing these kinds of pure bullshit articles to exist in the first place. If everyone was capable of common sense, articles like this would not have any readers and no income, and would go bust faster than @NeoSabin ejaculates over @GregoryRasputin's moobs.

• Upvote 3

I understand your point. @Lucif3r but the internet does exist to filter out THE NONSENSE of the T.V. crap!! >.< this just defines the internet as more CRAP. anyway that's one reason it exists. the other reason i can think of right now.. and the main one is communication. but goooolllly this is a new level of low and false information. lol all i can do is sort of laugh at it. and say that it was International Business Times! or i can also say god they are idiots and get angry.. God.. they are though..

• Super Moderator

All these PS4 owners on their xbox live trading terrorist codes over miiverse. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, thezander said:

All these PS4 owners on their xbox live trading terrorist codes over miiverse. 

The sarcasm is strong within you young padawan.. you'll make an excellent sarcasmaclysmic Jedi, yet! Darth @Lucif3r APPROVES!! 

seriously though if you read this thing it makes your I.Q. drop! the thing about mario.. UGH... AND WHY ARE THEY TARGETING JUST PS4?? WTH..

3 hours ago, B7U3C50SS said:

The sarcasm is strong within you young padawan.. you'll make an excellent sarcasmaclysmic Jedi, yet! Darth @Lucif3r APPROVES!! 

OI! Who are you to tell me what I approve of and what not! Know your place peasant!!

Also, while they were technically just targeting the PS4, they also targeted Nintendo's Super Mario Maker........... ohwait, i forgot, dats a PS4 game...

• Upvote 1

Somehow there's always some people blaming video games (such as gta and fps) for any crime or attack that happens. Not too long ago they (I'm not sure who) were blaming SONY for some leaks or whatever that happened at that time of the US propaganda movie about killing the North Korean president. This time they're blaming/acussing the PS4 (SONY). Whoever behind this has some sort of agenda going on and misinforming people. How long before they also blame Battlefield 3? Watch the beginning of it and date at the bottom left.Battlefield 3 Paris mission

---

Saudi Arabia, Israel, US have been supporting, arming ISIS and other terrorist group just like they did with the Taliban against soviet soldiers (Soviet–Afghan War). How about punishing Turkey or the president for allowing ISIS enter Syria through their borders? And notice how Israel take care of wounded ISIS members and ISIS never attack them or Turkey. There was an Israeli General Captured in Iraq few weeks ago which probably was a mossad agent helping ISIS. What happened in France was very sad, but lets not forget the bombings that France did and supported the terrorist there to, but I guess Middle East lives don't matters unless it is Israel. I'm tired of this also don't understand why the people in US or in other countries don't protest against their govt funded terrorism. Get rid of the Federal Reserve, the Bank of England and any big bankers, Rothschilds, Rockefellers, etc and including Israel since the US always sending millions of dollars every damn year. Most of them have got their money from all the wars they start, from the civil war and including ALL wars since then.

Hollande claims to be fighting terrorism, but he's not fooling no one. 

---

Spoiler

Live_Leak_dot_com_ec8_1421368485_1038808

2 hours ago, Lucif3r said:
5 hours ago, B7U3C50SS said:

3 hours ago, B7U3C50SS said:

OI! Who are you to tell me what I approve of and what not! Know your place peasant!!

Also, while they were technically just targeting the PS4, they also targeted Nintendo's Super Mario Maker........... ohwait, i forgot, dats a PS4 game...

Was joking bro! ;)

lol at the peasant remark though

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by B7U3C50SS

Question is what kind of brand watch they used to synchronise their Koran-offending attack, some might find it usefull information as well... [/sarcasm]

If people want to communicate without being discoved what they talk about there are so many ways, even smoke signals or pigeons can be used for it.... a bit lame to occuse the PS4 because people use it to play war games and it has a communication option....

isis (does not deserve any capital character) is an institute for mental sick people who misuse the name of Allah and the Koran... People who kill in name of their religion don't understand anything about religion. Religion is peace and love, not hate and terror... and that is saying someone who is an Atheist....

Only thing bordering me is why real Islam believers are so affraid to stand up against what is done in name of their religion.... I know the Koran says something like not to attack fellow Islam beleivers, but the Bible says something like "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth" and that is something from the stone ages and is not being done anymore. Maybe Islam believers should do the same and start protesting against isis? isis is NOT Islam anyways, so what is the problem?

We have a Dutch saying: "He who silences aggrees".... if all Islam believers keep on silencing about terror from isis, the world will keep on blaming the Islam as a whole and hate will only grow between the west and the east.... So stand up and protest !!!!!!!

Billions of real Islam believers against maybe 50.000 mental sick isis idiots, there is nothing to be affraid of......

• Upvote 2

Commodore CDTV --> First console with a CD player ever :heart:

(my CDTV has a 68030, 2mb chip- and 4mb fastram, VGA output, floppy emu with USB and can also boot from SCSI CF card :P)

AmigaOne X1000 --> fastest consumer PPC computer for now...

we can only laugh at it.

with all surveillance all government, security measures and border controls, nothing worked.

So a common toy like PS4 can circunvent all these controls, worst off all, after all that, everyone knows how to do it.

Maybe, next thing is that someone will tell how to build a bomb with Lego blocks....

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, OoZic said:

isis (does not deserve any capital character) is an institute for mental sick people who misuse the name of Allah and the Koran... People who kill in name of their religion don't understand anything about religion. Religion is peace and love, not hate and terror... and that is saying someone who is an Atheist....

Only thing bordering me is why real Islam believers are so affraid to stand up against what is done in name of their religion....

Parts 8:39, 9:29, and most significant for this purpose, 9:5 of the Qur'an

There are many such snippets in the Qur'an (and any other religions book), but thought I'd mention those specifically in response to your misconception that Any religion, and sad to say, least of all Islam, is about peace and love.

Any and ALL religions were created by man (not any given deity) for the Sole purpose of control.................. end of

Edited by Wolfie708
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, B7U3C50SS said:

Was joking bro! ;)

So was I ;) 

• Upvote 1

• GregoryRasputin

• Super Moderator

No this can't be... I microwaved my PS4 for nothing? I figured terrorist were analyzing my elite COD skillz and I didn't want to help them. Now it's not even confirmed? I don't know what to think.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, thezander said:

No this can't be... I microwaved my PS4 for nothing? I figured terrorist were analyzing my elite COD skillz and I didn't want to help them. Now it's not even confirmed? I don't know what to think.

wow... that is exactly something that Homer Simpson would say! XD 

• Upvote 1

• GregoryRasputin

wow i read that article... or i skimmed it.. i at least looked at the oh so stupid pictures. THE ACTUAL IDEA... THAT HE NEEDS TO NOW BACKUP HIS OWN FIRST ORIGINAL ARGUMENT IS DISGUSTING. it's like trying to say here i have article that you don't care about (or possibly want to only rant about how idiotic it truly is), "Now here's another one! Oh you what's that you don't want to read the other one..?? Wait. what? O.o?? You never read the first one?? you onlywanted to read part of the first one skim the rest and not thee second one at all.. and you guys don't even give a shit?! Well, fuck.."  that's exactly what i think forbes would say. meh not really but it's funny to think they would. lol. anyway it is funny to think that would think in that regard. LOL

:D

• Super Moderator

Yep were all missing the point. It's not about nonsensical articles that do not have any substance to them. It's about taking advantage of a disaster and exploiting it for ad revenue. Yet, people like us had the audacity to mock such a situation when we should be buying products that sponsor Forbes. We should feel ashamed for ourselves. 

I really didn't want to read this shit but:

Does it sound silly? Sure. Are there more efficient ways of covert communication? Yeah. ...

It sounds goofy, and I was not saying any of these methods were used in these attacks, but I also don’t see the need to dismiss the idea outright when over the years, various intelligence agencies have used all manner of insane ways to get messages to one another.....

Yeah spelling things out in Mario Maker and Shooting Numbers in walls via COD might sound like the ramblings of a senile lunatic who just got hit with a massive wave of dementia. But come on it could happen! 

I vote this best thread of the year ( do we have that?)  this person apparently got a lot of flak from gamers which he find very irritating. 

Edited by thezander
  • Upvote 2

yeah. best thread! wanna vote guys?? tally your votes! Come on this is a democracy! right...?? :D 

• Upvote 1