Notr0M

grafic config for gaming

Question

6 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Stuff said:

Hey Guyz

2x 660 gtx(sli) vs 970 gtx ?

which one is better ?vwhats ur suggestion ?

Its several times more powerful. (and I have one) I haven't had any problems running any games or programs. 

You will want an i7 and at least 16Gb of ram to really kick any games ass. 

Edited by tjhooker73

SLI is overrated and doesnt actually improve performance THAT much, unless the game is specifically optimized for SLI... Which very few games are.

1 good card is better than 2 half-arsed cards.

On 12/11/2015 at 11:05 AM, ps3dev said:

check out their hashing rates for cryptocoins and pick the one with the most hashes per sec.

No one that mines seriously is using GPU mining anymore. You can get ASICs on USB sticks now.

Indeed, GPU mining is a cheap and inefficient method, which still gets beaten by a device made for mining that also costs 2-3 times less than the GFX card(+using less power than the PC).

Nope, to find a good GPU you have to sniff google, read reviews where they test multiple cards with a state-of-the-art CPU and RAM(to make sure those 2 aint the bottle neck), and decide for yourself which GPU suits you, your needs and your wallet(probably the most important factor).

Once settled on the GPU, you need to decide what manufacturer to go with. I'd say user reviews is the best option here. Just try to avoid the brand-fanboys :P 

8 hours ago, BobbyBlunt said:

No one that mines seriously is using GPU mining anymore. You can get ASICs on USB sticks now.

of course its no longer viable to mine lite or bit coin but still an excellent benchmark as to how much processing power the gpu cards have. there was no mistake at the time, the more expensive the card and higher the spec, meant more hashes per sec, there was a direct correlation. you could pick up an old radeaon 6950 for less that 50 dollar which would kick 2x 660 gtx(sli) or 970 gtx in the ass.

Edited by ps3dev