Sign in to follow this  
ocam

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer

2 hours ago, cfwprophet said:

i don't think so. the problem here is that it is a light saber. so with a normal material sword you would be right but not with the light sabber. you can't use that thing like a material sword with a cross to protect your hands. just imagine at least 1/3 of the light sabber moves are not possible with this cross light sabber to do you would kill your self.

EDIT:
also the opponent could do a move from downwards, up onto the cross to kick the cross light sabber out of his hands. for me that thingy is totally non-sense.

EDIT:
respect too that the highesd sword master'S mostly didn't use any protection for the hands ;)
there are own japanese swords only for the grand master'S which don't have any protection. with other words you could say this Kyle what ever is a noob with the light sabber.

Katanas have minimal ones: https://www.google.com/search?q=katana&tbm=isch&imgil=F2Xnk9IyUhRx0M%253A%253Bz9aC6wJdNjh4WM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.amazon.com%25252FCold-Steel-Katana-Handle-Scabbard%25252Fdp%25252FB000Q9GCTI&source=iu&pf=m&fir=F2Xnk9IyUhRx0M%253A%252Cz9aC6wJdNjh4WM%252C_&biw=1920&bih=955&usg=__xSg7OsGHtqtRDQc6Kj-Rol01UPw%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjWj9OJ2dzJAhWEooMKHU0XDmoQyjcIPw&ei=ZWpvVpbJBITFjgTNrrjQBg#imgrc=F2Xnk9IyUhRx0M%3A&usg=__xSg7OsGHtqtRDQc6Kj-Rol01UPw%3D

1/3 of the moves are not possible? THey do a lot of summersalts and stuff but I don't see the cross beams really messing up a pro Jedi. 

Attack from downward? I think a move like that would really leave you opening for a counter attack. 

Once again I know nothing about sword fights

^^ but then to argue....take nunchuks but not the one for traines, take the one made of wood, train with them, then come back and we talk again if that makes sense or not ^^
dude you will hurt your self that much that you can not imagine especially in the traine phase. thoes light sabber cross is out of sense ^^
but heeeyyyy it have to fit into the movie not into reality, right ?

Oh I get what you're saying. Just holding the stupid thing is a pretty big risk. Your hand is right under it. 

well the point here is that it is a light sabber and cut a human body like a hot knife butter. not like that old swords that are made of solid resources that wouldn't hurt you if you only touch them. ;)

Edited by cfwprophet

I think we can all agree as to why they put that cross there in the first place though.... "It looks cool to 13yr boys and disney fans"...

watch it be the very thing that saves the day at the end of movie. luke is hanging off a cliff or something with it stuck in there.

tw_star_wars_19.0.gif

just who does this kind of cgi work, he just sliced his torso to chest and cut off his wrist with that silly cross shaped thing.

I'm glad that all of you like it so much :P

11 hours ago, ps3dev said:

just who does this kind of cgi work, he just sliced his torso to chest and cut off his wrist with that silly cross shaped thing.

I agree it looks weird, but freeze-framing it shows the CGI is correctly done, he doesnt cut anything off(although in reality Im pretty sure it wouldve hit him).

alright man, what'd you think? everything you hoped for? was is lacking at all?

16 hours ago, thezander said:

alright man, what'd you think? everything you hoped for? was is lacking at all?

I got my ticket for tomorrow, I'll report in 24 hours :cool:

5 hours ago, ocam said:

I got my ticket for tomorrow, I'll report in 24 hours :cool:

right on, you successfully refrain from spoilers ?

3 hours ago, thezander said:

right on, you successfully refrain from spoilers ?

not really :s but that's something you can't avoid when you follow too many star wars sites :heart::winking70:

have you checked the soundtrack?

I won't write much, because I would spoil too many things for others.

all I have to say is that I had an eyegasm :heart::heart::heart:

I haven't checked the soundtrack, have you listened to a star wars sound track before? You liked the movie though? That's good. I might go to see it once I'm sure I wont run into any jedis or stormtroopers at the theater. 

3 hours ago, thezander said:

I haven't checked the soundtrack, have you listened to a star wars sound track before? You liked the movie though? That's good. I might go to see it once I'm sure I wont run into any jedis or stormtroopers at the theater. 

Sure, I'm familiar with the John Williams music.

The new soundtrack has some really nice tracks, but don't check it until you see the movie, because the tracklist will spoil a lot...

For me the movie is perfect, beautifully shot without unnecessary cgi. the story has a a new hope touch, but I won't tell you more about it.

Just enjoy the movie...

I'm ready for part VIII

sSW_darthvader.gif

You see the guy on SNL? The Undercover Vader bit was kind of funny.