boxbundy

Wireless keyboard/mouse drivers

Question

Anyone know if it's possible to pair a wireless keyboard and mouse to my asus z87 expert's internal wireless (has onboard wireless/bluetooth 2.4ghz and it's own transceiver aerial etc.) Instead of using the usb transceiver that comes with it. Anyone capable of making me a driver if it's possible? 

5 answers to this question

dude wireless is only "without wire". how you want connect your keyboard and mice ?

wireless can be a lot of stuff. a usb keyboard and mice can also be wireless. so im not sure what exactly you mean or better say how or over what for interface you want to connect your wireless k&m.

at least,....i don't think that any coder will write you just for fun a driver for your private needs. if you want to have something custome on a PC learn coding, like i did.

Edited by cfwprophet

I just want to get rid of the usb dongle and pair the keyboard & mouse to the pc's onboard wifi. Can it be done? (Maybe a modded driver or maybe someone has done this before)They're both 2.4ghz but I'm not sure what signal the keyboard and mouse use. Maybe it's just not possible. 

Edited by boxbundy

-.- uhm....only cause both use 2,4GHz that's bullshit. 2,4GHz is just the frequenzy they use. that does not tell you that they use the same interface. like you mentoined wifi which is Wireless LAN or W-LAN but that does not have something to do with BlueTooth or infrared. Well i guess you have the same like me which is a BlueTooth 2,4GHz usb dongle. but mine one is fucking tiny and i have a shit load of ports so i dono care. and long story short, if you have a on-board bluetooth and your keyboard/mice is also bluetooth then sure it will work. the usb key just ensure user comfort. cause you simple plug the usb deviec in and done. but as an example: if you ever have seen a MAC which used a wireless mouse then you should know that you can conenct on the MAC the mouse direct from OS. but you need to search for the mous as BT device and connect to it. so if you can search for BT device with your on-board BT, then first trie to search for the keyboard and mice while the usb key is unplugged and see if the BT can find the both devices.

Edited by cfwprophet

Most wireless KB/Mouse uses a completely different protocol to not interfere(or get interfered) with your WLAN or other wireless devices, UNLESS it specifically states its a bluetooth KB/Mouse, or that it connects to your WLAN. I have never seen a kb/m that connects to WLAN though, and it would be a stupid method to do it... The closest Ive seen is the 360 controller, which uses a MODIFIED WLAN protocol, making it COMPLETELY incompatible with WLAN, and even more so with bluetooth...

The frequency of operation is irrelevant.

You need a MATCHING SENDER and RECIEVER, you cant just mix-mash a sender with some other type of reciever

Ok. I understand all that thanks.  Just wanted to check. I've already ordered a bluetooth mouse (the old ones shit and close enough to fucked). I'm having more trouble finding a windows bluetooth keyboard that's not shit, tiny or too expensive though.