GregoryRasputin

Nintendo NX Rumours

A little while ago, Nintendo announced a project they are calling  'Nintendo NX' or 'NX', no one knows exactly what it is, we all assume it is another console, my own stupid ideas of what it could be, is a Games Console who's touchscreen control pad turns into a handheld games console for when you want to play on the go, but like everyone else, that is just a guess.

FXwqs52.jpg

Guess's and speculation are one thing and rumours are a totally different, as usual with each new console, there are various rumours as to what the NX will be and in my opinion, the thing sounds a little poop, it sounds like the 3DS compared to the New 3DS, bellow i will post what has been circulating in the rumour mill and attempt to keep it updated, i will also post links to all sources of such rumours at the bottom

July 2015:

• NX will be no where near as powerful as the PS4.
  • NX is basically a Wii U with higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU.
  • It will cost $149.99
  • It will release in 2016
  • It will have Diddy Kong Racing 2.

Sources:
https://kevincallahangames.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/exciting-times-coming-next-year/
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/617098268674273281
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

Edited by GregoryRasputin

If the price is true, then of course it wont be able to compete with the PS4 hardware-wise. While the components the PS4 uses are getting cheaper and cheaper every day, they wont be THAT cheap.

I personally dont really care if it competes hardware-wise with the PS4 or not, as long as it has some interesting games.
But their big mistake was not to include HDMI on the Wii with at least proper 480p - pref. 720p, limiting us to the crappy composite and slightly-less-crap component in 480i. The Wii was pretty much just a flat GC with motioncontrols. Ever since then, N* has been a generation behind in terms of power. And thats fine, if you have the games to make up for it.

NX's success or failure will depends a lot on how hard it will be for 3rd parties to port games from xbone/ps4/pc to the NX. If its too much work - they'll just say "fuck it" and stick to ps4/xbone/pc - just like what happened to the WiiU.

I have always liked Nintendo games and products......but to be completely honest, they are PISSING ME THE FUCK OFF! I finally got around to buying a 3ds since they were doing so well and had a huge game library, and then they go and make a "new" version 2-3 months later that's faster and plan on releasing exclusives for it, such as xenoblade that's already only on the "new" 3ds. Then I go and buy a wiiU, because I love Nintendo games, and they "had" some promising game titles upcoming. Since then, everything keeps getting pushed back, nothing too good being released, and now they are on track to just throw the wiiU away for their next botched idea? And what, leave the people who bought the wiiU with 10 titles to play? Bullshit I tell you.

I concur I stupidly bought a WIiU on launch and also bought one for my nephew the only game he has ever played is epic mickey. They really are just going to release zelda on it, that is lame. No metroid or 3d mario what the hell. 

I do not think it is a console. Something tells me that they either have a proprietary tablet device, or maybe they are even breaking into the mobile market. There is some reason they are partnering with mobile games makers now

seriously.. they even NEVER called it a console!! but a dedicated gaming system that will change the way you look at play, and use, gaming, (also how, where, and what you game) If nothing else that sounds like a TRUE Virtual Reality Helmet! Better than that of the Sony Morpheus. and the Oculous Rift! Why did no one else think of this??

Take note of what they say about a donut-like screen with a hole in the middle! sounds like a helmet to me!! if it is a VR-MMORPG HELMET, then  i am stoked!

i suppose the price and diddy kong racing 2 are good starts.

Personally I love the wii u and I do not want to see it replaced so soon. Third party devs suck :( I have a lot of fun playing the one in my house. I think it is a great system. Sure there is no native hack, but there is so much wii mode homebrew. My son and I have a lot of fun playing Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Mario Maker also seems like a lot of fun. A new Star Fox made me really really happy :)

A vr headset for the wii u.... could you imagine a good star fox game with VR? I have to agree with @B7U3C50SS as Nintendo has never once said console. He thinks it may be VR, and I think it is an attempt at breaking into the mobile market with a locked down android device (it being android based was another one of the rumors.) At the end of the day all we have are rumors.

I really hope Nintendo is not ready to give up on the Wii U quite yet. It really is a good console, but the high starting price tag, the lack of third party support, and the fact it is not as powerful as the new gen consoles make people stay away from it. 

I have played all of the new gen consoles for long enough that I can judge them. PS4 is full of re-releases and I am not giving Sony my money multiple times for games I already own (maybe a couple, but not an entire library.) Xbox One is ok, and I even prefer it over PS4, but I don't want all of the TV features as I would never use them, and I can only think of one game I want to play... which was just announced for PC (Killer Instinct.) Then there is the wii u. It lacks a large library, and it may not be as powerful as the new consoles, but I have a lot of fun whenever I do play it, and if I want to mess around with some homebrew I can. I love how they have allowed the wii mode homebrew to continue. They could have patched it by now, but they let it be.

If the NX brings new life to the wii u then I am all for it, but if the NX is designed to replace the wii u, then I think that a lot of customers are going to be pissed. Not that Nintendo cares.... they kind of slapped 3DS owners in the face by releasing the new 3ds and then releasing exclusives that only work on that version

Also to the people yelling it is a flop. It has sold almost 10 million units now, and it is making a profit for Nintendo. If you want to talk about flops lets talk about the virtual boy :P

Edited by BobbyBlunt

Afaik N* have said it will NOT run android.

Nintendo could make a few smarter decisions. Even with lack of third party support I can think of a few games that would make people rush out to buy a wii u. A list of games that I personally think would help with sales and boost the overall acceptance of the wii u

Super Mario RPG 2 (no not paper mario. Another joint project with square enix)

A new F Zero

A new 3d Mario (Mario Universe?)

A Wii U xenoblade

Not to mention the rumored projects (Star Fox and a new Zelda title)

If the wii u does die early on we can blame many different factors, but the biggest reason would be Nintendo being lazy. They have great 1st party games. Why we aren't seeing more of these is just odd

Edited by BobbyBlunt

i would still like to know why it isn't referred to as a console by anyone at Nintendo! That does raise a few eyebrows, don't you think?

I mean just imagine people playing a game entirely built on the premise of a VR-MMORPG style world. Think of Sword Art Online. (The T.V. Anime) and then apply those physics to a REAL game on a REAL system like (maybe) if we are extremely lucky. that's what the NX is. and we'll get to use it. imagine that. it's a gamers paradise. not playing in front of the screen, but rather inside the screen. also going to say you could have a lot of content with stuff like this.. but it's probably never going to happen i'm probably just dreaming, because i want it. and they hype it so much.

But i'll pose the question again.:

i would still like to know why it isn't referred to as a console by anyone at Nintendo! That does raise a few eyebrows, don't you think?

Edited by B7U3C50SS
wanted to post more info

until it was officially announced, none of the consoles were confirmed

A Wii U xenoblade

Been living under a rock? Xenoblade Chronicles X is being released in japan in a few months iirc, and hitting the west early -16.

Been living under a rock? Xenoblade Chronicles X is being released in japan in a few months iirc, and hitting the west early -16.

Personally it isn't a series I keep up with, but I know people go crazy about it

ive just read that N called it "next gen games console" and they are talking to Foxconn Electronics to start up on production of the console.

but it is just a rumour.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/07/05/report-that-the-nintendo-nx-launches-july-2016-seems-unlikely/

If the rumor is true about it costing $150, then I would have to guess that this will be the next Nintendo handheld. A new tv console would cost more than that at release unless they are releasing something like the Vita TV. Maybe it will be a handheld that has a tv out and/or connects to the Wii U for even more features.

i'm holding on to my theory for the time being. ^_^ it makes me happy to think of it that way.