Sony: 'PS Vita is not dead, there are hundreds of games coming'

The PlayStation Vita was shunned entirely during Sony's E3 2015 presentation but the company is adamant that the handheld console is not dead.

PlayStation Europe boss Jim Ryan told Gamespot that the system is still selling well and has "hundreds" of games in development.

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/05/618x423/ps-vita-front-angle.png

"No, not at all," he said, when asked whether it is the end of the line for the Vita.

"We're still selling respectable quantities. We have a hundred games in development, and you might say, 'Well yeah but they're all indie games', but many of these games review very highly. Also the PS4's Remote Play feature is something that is valued a lot."

Ryan went on to say that the handheld market still exists, despite the rise of tablet and smartphone gaming taking a huge bite out of it.

"There's no disputing that it's not the size it used to be. It's a much smaller market than when the DS and PSP were in their glory days. But that market still does exist," he added.

Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida reiterated during E3 that the Vita is unlikely to play host to any more triple-A first-party games during its lifespan.

Well..... There are a lot of games coming to Vita in japan, but how many of those will ever see a western release? 4? 5? If we're lucky...

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

• Founding Member

Hundreds of titles that everyone already played on their Ouya and phone/phablet

• Upvote 1

·~øØ PSdevwiki.com - Your number 1 source, Share and expand, knowledge Øø~·

Not a lot of things I have bought in my lifetime have I considered a waste of money, the ps vita is definitely an exception. I have literally received nothing from it bar playing Uncharted (which I did enjoy) on launch day.

Not a lot of things I have bought in my lifetime have I considered a waste of money, the ps vita is definitely an exception. I have literally received nothing from it bar playing Uncharted (which I did enjoy) on launch day.

Until yifan lu releases his vita exploit and then we get homebrew taking full advantage of the ps vita

Well that's true but I happened to miss that boat, so good luck to all you guys that have access to the exploit. Emulators on vita would be great but it doesn't hide the fact that vita was a wasted opportunity.