zecoxao

serial data line

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwXKq3oSy1HQRHpKZGItNTZwNk0&usp=sharing
in all ps3s, there is a serial data line on the console's XDR chip used to initialize the ram's test pattern.
It has read/write mode and it's freely accessable. 

the address is obtained from the xdr interface.
You can see it on service manual.

You can write a payload to memory and on a loaded game (or savegame data) it'll run the payload and do... stuff.

ps: yes, all ps3s

discuss at will or shit on it, i don't care...

"but can I pirate games with this?"

/me readies the toilet paper for anyone ready to take the second option... lol

"but can I pirate games with this?"

probably

probably

. Sarcasm. Edited by Muhammad Rehan

. Sarcasm.

i can change my line to definitely if you want :)

if you have read write access to the ram, you can do a lot of things :)

and this isn't April 1st

edit: also, this translates to only ppu code execution. but if you can somehow glitch it, you can probably make it ppu+spu code execution :)

Edited by zecoxao

QkicH4M.png

edit: slave, service manual
edit2: more boards we could use http://papilio.cc/index.php?n=Papilio.Buy(fpga ones)

Edited by zecoxao

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwXKq3oSy1HQRHpKZGItNTZwNk0&usp=sharing

in all ps3s, there is a serial data line on the console's XDR chip used to initialize the ram's test pattern.

It has read/write mode and it's freely accessable. 

the address is obtained from the xdr interface.

You can see it on service manual.

You can write a payload to memory and on a loaded game (or savegame data) it'll run the payload and do... stuff.

ps: yes, all ps3s

discuss at will or shit on it, i don't care...

does the ps4 have this too? just asking :)

there are no service manuals to that console that have been leaked, so we don't know

Very interesting...
I think you don't have already one of these board ?Do you project to buy one of them or not ?
But after after having receive this board i don't understand how can i do things with it...Where i must solder it and what can i inject with it ..

Very interesting...

I think you don't have already one of these board ?Do you project to buy one of them or not ?

But after after having receive this board i don't understand how can i do things with it...Where i must solder it and what can i inject with it ..

well if you have such questions then you have a long road to go young padawan. and there is no tut out explaining things like "how to be hacker in 5 days" where you read some lines and will understand everything. it is a long stony way and you will need to do research on your own.

well...

a quick status update

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=3929(the ps4 ethernet shares the bus with the hypertransport bus of the ps4, if you guys are really ps4 eager, but that will be more expensive to hack)

well...

a quick status update

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=3929(the ps4 ethernet shares the bus with the hypertransport bus of the ps4, if you guys are really ps4 eager, but that will be more expensive to hack)

oh damn that sounds cool :-) & expensive about how much $$$$$ are we talking then?

well...

a quick status update

everything on PS4 regarding hacking the Hardware is expensive ^^

everything on PS4 regarding hacking the Hardware is expensive ^^

But hacking the software doesn't seem to be an option now for the newer consoles. Or can it be done?

But hacking the software doesn't seem to be an option now for the newer consoles. Or can it be done?

It seems that, for now, software is not the way to hack the PS4.

When the PS4 and xbox one were released there were constant talks of the x86 architecture will be easy to hack or emulate but it seems that it is a very complex architecture and the x86 assembly is also difficult then others etc . But its now clear that in future with the new cryptographic techniques the only way to run unsigned code will be hardware exploits and that won't be cheap either.

Its not the arch. thats "hard to hack"...

even if there were pcbs designed and being sold to make this possible, the state the ps3 scene is is more than dead. and people are only interested about software solutions. well, newsflash, guys, there won't be any more software vulnerabilities on the ps3 and ps4, besides the webkit.

even if there were pcbs designed and being sold to make this possible, the state the ps3 scene is is more than dead. and people are only interested about software solutions. well, newsflash, guys, there won't be any more software vulnerabilities on the ps3 and ps4, besides the webkit.

What about Xbox with the release of windows 10 there might be something maybe?

pfffff XD :D it even use a Win32 kernel....need i more to say :D

p.s.

but ps. playstationhax.xyz :D

Edited by cfwprophet

So for me its good bye to console gaming. I have always been a pc gamer and I only once bought a console and the experience wasn't that good but I played Uncharted 3 and Red Dead Redemption then I will say maybe it was worth it but in the future I don't see myself buying any other console in the near future.