Sign in to follow this  
Wolfie708

Shitty Android Lollipop 5.01

As the title suggests, I foolishly installed via OTA the crappy Lollipop version of Android on my Galaxy S4.

I've since rooted it, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a decent Custom ROM?

It's either that, or I go back to KitKat :)

Go back to kittykat :P "Dont fix whats not broken"

But of course you can always check XDA-dev if there are any decent Custom loli's(:P) available there.

• Upvote 1

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

What was your daily driver on kitkat, a custom rom or sto k?

Im still waiting for a nice custom 5.1 rom.

5.0.1 was ok but buggy

• Upvote 1

What was your daily driver on kitkat, a custom rom or sto k?

Im still waiting for a nice custom 5.1 rom.

5.0.1 was ok but buggy

Was on stock as I used to use it for Sky Go and that didn't like rooted, but as I don't use that anymore I'll go custom either way I think

i have a custom rom but its just a lollipop gpe port so not any difference i know a guy who swears by pac-man but thats too many options for me

• Upvote 1

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

I run CM12 on my Oneplus One, but it probably has better compatibility with CM than most though.

Play around with ROMs. I used to run Paranoid Android and OmniROM on my Nexus 4.

Sent from my OnePlus One

• Upvote 1

As the title suggests, I foolishly installed via OTA the crappy Lollipop version of Android on my Galaxy S4.

I've since rooted it, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a decent Custom ROM?

It's either that, or I go back to KitKat :)

what network are you on to use sky go?

the sgs 5 on ee 5.01 not been released yet must be shitty phones go first then the best one last....

Omega rom is the best for kitkat/lollypop for sgs4/5

becareful now it dont knock you knox or you're warranty will be effected.

why i like omega cause it has it own app to tell you there is an new update just download via wifi and install via twrp recovery stored on your sd card and boom .

ive been through a few roms and most of them are buggy and got over done on apps use up storage...

hope this is ok? 

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Am on Omega Samsung KitKat as of last night lol. Almost fubar'd it as had back cover off and battery 'fell out' mid process though *Oooooooops* 

May change again, but I'm just happy to have a phone that does what I tell it to now without having to jump through hoops because some dick has decided what I should like and do lol.

Am on Vodafone.

Cheers

Am on Omega Samsung KitKat as of last night lol. Almost fubar'd it as had back cover off and battery 'fell out' mid process though *Oooooooops* 

May change again, but I'm just happy to have a phone that does what I tell it to now without having to jump through hoops because some dick has decided what I should like and do lol.

Am on Vodafone.

Vodafone the most expensive shitty network in UK.

oh you're so lucky you didn't brick it.

Omega kitkat is the best version till i upgraded to lollypop and it sucked went back to kitkat.

Vodafone actually gave me the best deal for what I needed.

Had been with O2 for years but they didn't seem to grasp the concept of treat your long time customers the same as you treat your new ones so I left them lol

I prefer slimkat for my S4mini. Its slim, stable and fast :)

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

What don't you like about lollipop? I know I have found anything ecspecially useful, but I don't see a big difference. I know that rooting was tough for awhile as well as Xposed framework, but that stuff has seemed to find its way to l-pop, I know the custom rom I have now the voice recognition sucks and is un usable. I don't know if it's the phone or what but it doesn't get a single thing I'm saying.

Has there been major developments in the custom rom field? I haven't done anything in awhile I just tend to go with anything that doesn't have bloatware nowadays. CM which is huge now I haven't touched in awhile because I found it kind of boring. ( thats stupud but just the way it feels.) PAC-Man was neat for a while I guess it's just a jumble of top tier custom roms P-something(i think its the one with a pink unicorn) A-ASOS or ATHOS ( Man I forget this stuff, and I never feel like looking it up for just a post) and C- CyanogenMod. ( that one I at least knew) MAN

It is cool if you like really customizing every aspect of your phone, what color the LED is and how often it goes off, overriding the auto-shutoff, stupid charging things, etc etc, I know a big thing with modern ROMS is "HALO" which all I have gathered is just a overlay bubble of text messages.

You got ports now to, which I was geeked for when there was no other way of getting photosphere for anything other then Note 3 or NEXUS, before Google Camera was available in the play store. I don't know if anything cool will come from a S6 port because it seems a lot of the stuff is designed paticularly for the hardware. I kind of like not wiping out all my stuff to try various other roms and have gotten accustomed to my current one for months. But maybe after this semester ends I'll start screwing around again with my S4.

Let us know what you go with though and why, those Android forums can really be overbearing with tons and tons of members to  get a post in and acknowledged. I've never been told to google or search so much in my life.

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

dunno why you all hate lollipop so much, i have no problems with it, except the missing xposed for tw roms,

currently i use the alliance rom on my s5, i believe it should also be available for the s4, its pretty nice,

on the s4 ive had before, ive also used omega rom, seemed to be the best