Xhase

Difference between Coolrunner Rev C and Rev D

What's the difference? I just bought a X360 super nand flasher. And I guess that maybe both are supported. I just want to do an RGH on a fat console I have.

What dash? If it is a newer dash you dont want a coolrunner, you want a RJtag chip instead. It is way more stable than RGH2.

It's the latest dash board.

But Rjtag are rare to be found now, RGH2 with very good results can be achieved on fat using , CR3 Lite or Ace V2 

The more important question is what style phat do you have? As in what motherboard?

It's a falcan. (HDMI)

Rgh2 on Falcons are horrible. I wouldn't recommend it. If you are going to, definitely get a CR3lite

But Rjtag are rare to be found now, RGH2 with very good results can be achieved on fat using , CR3 Lite or Ace V2 

I have always had a terrible experience with RGH2. I haven't messed with 360s in a while but 30 seconds-2 minutes for RGH compared to <10 seconds for RJtag just seemed way better.

I haven't had any experience with the CR4 yet, but my experiences with CR3 and RGH2 were not that good at all.

Edit: So I went looking into the CR4 and why the RJtag project was essentially dead as it was far superior to RGH2. In my searching I came across the following video and I must say that I have never seen a RGH2 Falcon damn near insta-boot every time. If you want opinions, I would say go with the CR4. It appears you have a choice between RGH2 or RJtag.

I have a dual nand RGH trinity. I decided upon the squirt chip install. I have great boot times (under 10 seconds every time and mostly insta boots) but this install seems damn nice. I am actually slightly impressed

I have always had a terrible experience with RGH2. I haven't messed with 360s in a while but 30 seconds-2 minutes for RGH compared to <10 seconds for RJtag just seemed way better.

I haven't had any experience with the CR4 yet, but my experiences with CR3 and RGH2 were not that good at all.

Oh absolutely. I don't recomend rgh2 on anything except slims. I have always had really good results with Trinity consoles. Maybe not always <10 seconds, but an average of 15-30 seconds, which is decent enough for what it is.

But if you were not going to be convinced to stay clear of rgh2 on a phat, then cr3 is your best choice as you are most defianitely going to need the CPU cleaner and caps to make it fly. Cr3 has them built in so it is ideal.

Obviously I have never used cr4, but I'm sure it's beast as its rjtag replacement.

Edited by Bigbones87

Ive bought....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161493514794?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161543996197?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

are these what i need? and can i use this set up ona slim? possibly latest dashboard + november 2011? im very new to the xbox 360 scene 
so please bare with me :P

Ive bought....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161493514794?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161543996197?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

are these what i need? and can i use this set up ona slim? possibly latest dashboard + november 2011? im very new to the xbox 360 scene 

so please bare with me :P

The cr3lite will work excellent for phat rgh1, and decently for phat rgh2. It isn't the best choice for Trinity slims, those work best with revC chips. The corona will need post out qsb and possibly a read write kit, if it's a 4gb model. There are a lot of variables when it comes to Xbox hacking and the appropriate chips/supplies.

RGH2 is not good as RGH1 for Phats, but you can achieve pretty good results, specially moving around with RST Wire (D Point), i did some Falcons with CR3Lite and yielded good results, also there are some falcons which freezes on RGH2 and need to edit the smc files (we will got to that if yours freeze :) .

also do not buy CR3 lite from Ebay they are too expensive, try aliexpress.com you can have them for around 5$.

i got some CR4 but really did not have time to install it, also there is a project done by (15432 Hacker) to use the ACE V2 chip on phats and here is the thread, but do not mind it now, stay focus on CR3 lite.

http://www.teamx360.co.uk/showthread.php?3034-My-own-Testing-Arena-Photos-timings-other-info

and regarding the programmer here it is:

http://www.teamx360.co.uk/showthread.php?2337-INFO-X360-Super-NAND-Flasher

Edited by 3absiso

RGH2 is not good as RGH1 for Phats, but you can achieve pretty good results, specially moving around with RST Wire (D Point), i did some Falcons with CR3Lite and yielded good results, also there are some falcons which freezes on RGH2 and need to edit the smc files (we will got to that if yours freeze :) .

also do not buy CR3 lite from Ebay they are too expensive, try aliexpress.com you can have them for around 5$.

i got some CR4 but really did not have time to install it, also there is a project done by (15432 Hacker) to use the ACE V2 chip on phats and here is the thread, but do not mind it now, stay focus on CR3 lite.

http://www.teamx360.co.uk/showthread.php?3034-My-own-Testing-Arena-Photos-timings-other-info

and regarding the programmer here it is:

http://www.teamx360.co.uk/showthread.php?2337-INFO-X360-Super-NAND-Flasher

ok, after obtaining both chips, I was able to dump the NAND on my so-called Falcon motherboard. but it turns out it is a Zephyr. The guy I bought it from changed the power port to a Falcan or Opus etc... And when I was dumping the NAND it said it was a Zephyr... Which made me confused. Anyway, I did a lot of research on it and I'm getting answers on both sides saying I can use the CR3 lite and I can't. But here's my main problem, after dumping the NAND perfectly. I have 4 clean dumps. I flashed the cool runner with Rev C and installed it 100% correctly. And when I wrote to the "ecc/eec" on the NAND, it simply won't boot When I hit the power button. When I disconnect the 3.3v from the cool runner, the console will boot, but then nothing. I have Lk1 bridged. And nothing else.

What am I doing wrong?

CR3lite/ Revc will not work on zypher, you need to use Ace V2

you started on the hardest Mobo :) 

CR3lite/ Revc will not work on zypher, you need to use Ace V2

you started on the hardest Mobo :)

so my chip won't work?

so my chip won't work?

i really did not see any one till now succeded in RGH2 + Revc/Cr3lite on zypher

Okay well. I restored my nand because I couldn't get it to work... But I just so happened to have a virgin Jasper... 512 mb lol so I'm waiting right now for 3 full dumps, and I'm gonna continue.

Well apparently, I screwed this one up. I only backed up parshal of the NAND. And when I flashed it back and now it bricked. Well... And it also said I needed some thing like CB_B.6754.BIN couldn't be found. And bleH.

Well apparently, I screwed this one up. I only backed up parshal of the NAND. And when I flashed it back and now it bricked. Well... And it also said I needed some thing like CB_B.6754.BIN couldn't be found. And bleH.

Did you ever get your cpu key? Also, what did you try? Can you tell me the steps you completed?

What is it doing?

Edited by Bigbones87

Did you ever get your cpu key? Also, what did you try? Can you tell me the steps you completed?

What is it doing?

Actually when I went to write the ecc, it said I needed the 6754.BIN or whatever it is. And it wouldn't do anything after. it tried to write aN ecc, and it would say failed block 0x0....0x1 and so on. Then I tried to write the backup back. And now the board won't power on. Without the cool runner or flasher hooked up.

I'm not at a tottal loss. I just wanted to try some thing new, and I guess it got the best of me.

Also, some odd reason the pad on the bottom of the board next to the xclamps F---7 I accidentally lifted the pad In a hurry. I only paid 20$ for the console, but it just sucks I can't get anything working. There's not even solid TUTs for these things that I can find. it bothers the crap out of me.

Well, depending on the severity of the lifted pad, it can be fixed somewhat easily. There are various alternate points. Was the console jtag able? Sounds like you were trying to write a jtag img, not an rgh img. Also, did you have the power brick powered and hooked up, but the console turned off?

Yes that is actually what I believe I did. And yes power brick ONLY console was not on

So would it turn on before you tore the trace? I know it wouldn't boot as the wrong ecc was wrote. But did it at least turn on?

No i tore the pad after the ecc.

Dang. Well that explains why it isn't booting. May I see the torn pad/messed up point?