mysis

[Release] poc plugin 0.2.1.1 *Update*

Hi everyone,

making a new thread for it as a clean (re)start.

So here we got a major improvement in point of compatibility to gameplay recording.

* PS3 Games

* PSP Games/Minis

* PS1 Games

* PlayView

Some might encounter audio stuttering, you could try to workaround them by switching from high to good quality.

While recording Ingame XMB gets switched to some older version, as if you were holding ps-button a little bit longer. The plugin will recognize this and stop recording, so no need to press R3 to stop this time - it will happen automatically as soon as it recognizes it popped up.

For secureFileId, simply hold R1 as if you would want to get klicensee, it will enable the catcher and will retrieve the id once an savegame is accessed. Catcher will automatically disabled afterwards. You will find all information (File + secureFileId) in log file.

Also, sorry no sources this time.

Have fun !

POC Plugin 0.2.1 - Release-desu

Dear Update-Log,

Gameplay recording: 
* Alot more PS3 games recording now + PSP Games/Minis + PlayView + PS1 Games (via MM)
* Switched from game memory container to custom 5-7 MB memory container
* Added quality selection

Right Analog Stick:
* Hold Up   : high quality (MJPEG Encoder + 1280x720 Resolution), bigger file size (.avi),7 MB
* Hold Left :       quality (MJPEG Encoder + 640x368 Resolution), bigger file size (.avi), 5 MB - (works with save game utility, thx neozero)
* Hold Down : good quality (M4HD Encoder  + 640x368 Resolution), smaller file size (.mp4),6 MB
* Hold R3: Recording start
* Press PS-Button: Recording Stop

(Default: High quality, change BEFORE start recording)

Note: Recording will stop and notify automatically after ps-button is pressed.

It is not advised to use high/good quality with save game utility or with other plugins while recording!
      Feel free to report more tested games at: 

Added to R1-Button
* Dump current Disc Hash Key
* Enable Secure File ID catcher

Note: secureFileId is caught once enabled and a savegame loaded afterwards.

/Just according to keikaku* :3c

(*Translator's note: keikaku means plan)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p5z0josq15dghq/PS3_PPU_Project1_0.2.1.1.rar?dl=1 (0.2.1.1)

Compatibility List: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:Rec_plugin#Using_Custom_Container

Experimental: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qnwjkro8op2bbz/PS3_PPU_Project1_0.2.1.2a.rar?dl=1 (0.2.1.2a)

POC Plugin 0.2.1.2a - *Experimental* "Nakamura"

Whats changed:
* Using System SPU flag (improves recording compatibility but can cause A/V async and or slight system instability)
* Right Analog Stick
  Hold Right -> old recording type with game container (M4HD Encoder + 1280x720 Resolution)

Recording now:
* Portal 2 
* The Evil Within (tested 360p)
* Uncharted 2 

Audio problems fixed:
* Tales of Xillia and prolly others too
* Tekken 6

Games i still didnt get working:
* Fifa 14
* GTA5
* Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™
* Tekken Tag Tournament 2

/you have to thank NeoZero for suggesting this option
Edited by mysis

I just tried Tales of Vesperia, and it works on both settings :) .... sort of.

Video works fine, but the sound gets garbled(both in-game during recording, and in the recorded file). Pretty much exactly the same issue as when trying to Remote Play Tales of games in 480p.

It got a liiiittle less garbled on the lowest setting, but not much... Any ideas :)?

Edit:

Heres a vid demonstrating the issue, on the lowest quality because it was faster to upload :P

I just tried Tales of Vesperia, and it works on both settings :) .... sort of.

Video works fine, but the sound gets garbled(both in-game during recording, and in the recorded file). Pretty much exactly the same issue as when trying to Remote Play Tales of games in 480p.

It got a liiiittle less garbled on the lowest setting, but not much... Any ideas :)?

Edit:

Heres a vid demonstrating the issue, on the lowest quality because it was faster to upload :P

lovely game + video....i dont have vesperia here...will see if i can get it + test here..

maybe neozero's idea of the system spu flag works for m4hd....according to sdk it wont work for mjpeg encoder...will test around later somewhen :-)

what firmware etc. are you trying on?

Edited by mysis

Rebug 4.65.2 DEX.

Also, I found a bug :P If you try to save the game(e.g. bringing the PS3-standard save-screen up) while recording, the entire PS3 crashes lol

Symphonia does the same thing with the audio, although not NEARLY to the same extent as Vesperia.

Tales of Graces F also suffers from the issue, but again, not nearly to the same extent as Vesperia. Although I think the video quality was a lot worse on ToGF compared to Vesperia/Symphonia.

Heres a 10min video for your eyes anyway:

It would be nice with a 'in between' setting for the quality, 720p creates unpractical big files, and the 360p setting is a bit on the low side quality-wise.

Heh, ok Tales of Graces F in 720p takes the lead in "crappy sound"  :rotfl: :

Yes same here, 

i was recording tales of symphonia back then and obviously it didnt have those problems - it was 640x368 + MJPEG encoder, so its due to processing power...because in 0.2.1 it is set to 1280x720 and MJPEG encoder....so it would be a mix of high + good quality. dunno if you would like to have that :-P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd921y3ovolqd4a/BLES01864_2015.03.15_13_57.mp4?dl=0

Also, here is a compatibility list, so far:

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:Rec_plugin#Using_Custom_Container

Edited by mysis

Rebug 4.65.2 DEX.

Also, I found a bug :P If you try to save the game(e.g. bringing the PS3-standard save-screen up) while recording, the entire PS3 crashes lol

Symphonia does the same thing with the audio, although not NEARLY to the same extent as Vesperia.

Tales of Graces F also suffers from the issue, but again, not nearly to the same extent as Vesperia. Although I think the video quality was a lot worse on ToGF compared to Vesperia/Symphonia.

Heres a 10min video for your eyes anyway:

It would be nice with a 'in between' setting for the quality, 720p creates unpractical big files, and the 360p setting is a bit on the low side quality-wise.

Heh, ok Tales of Graces F in 720p takes the lead in "crappy sound"  :rotfl: :

Okay, i updated it. 0.2.1.1 now...hold left for those settings and also due to less memory usage, the save game utility is now working. :-)

Better now Lucif3r? :-)

Edited by mysis

Okay, i updated it. 0.2.1.1 now...hold left for those settings and also due to less memory usage, the save game utility is now working. :-)

That fixed the audio issue :) I havent tried saving while recording, but I'll take your word for it. ;)

How about a 480p mjpeg setting? or would that be 'too heavy' like 720p?

That fixed the audio issue :) I havent tried saving while recording, but I'll take your word for it. ;)

How about a 480p mjpeg setting? or would that be 'too heavy' like 720p?

Officially not documented...i would have to try out some more values.

Officially not documented...i would have to try out some more values.

Ah yes, "large" = 640x368 according to sony... Genius... I assume youve tried all available codecs? mpeg4, AVC, mjpeg and m4hd?

Which bitrate are you using for the 720p atm? 11000k/20000k/25000k?

For youtube 720p sony recommends either m4hd/5000k with AAC/64k audio, or mjpeg/11000 with PCM/768k..... Im sure you knew that already though lol

If there is a 480p setting somewhere, Id assume its between 0x33xx and 0x35xx, as 0x32xx="large" and 0x36xx=720p. Thats for mjpeg.

But meh, I dunno, you know that shit a trillion times better than me, so I'll just shut up now lol

Ah yes, "large" = 640x368 according to sony... Genius... I assume youve tried all available codecs? mpeg4, AVC, mjpeg and m4hd?

Which bitrate are you using for the 720p atm? 11000k/20000k/25000k?

For youtube 720p sony recommends either m4hd/5000k with AAC/64k audio, or mjpeg/11000 with PCM/768k..... Im sure you knew that already though lol

If there is a 480p setting somewhere, Id assume its between 0x33xx and 0x35xx, as 0x32xx="large" and 0x36xx=720p. Thats for mjpeg.

But meh, I dunno, you know that shit a trillion times better than me, so I'll just shut up now lol

3 = seems to be 320x240

4 = 480x272

5 = could be 640x480 (based on tv settings, could also become 864x480)

well thats something i could test tomorrow, its kinda late now :)

Edited by mysis

Found another bug :) If you get 'recording error' for some reason, the plugin does not recognize it and youre locked to the old XMB(long-press PS button one) as if a recording was in progress, with no way of restarting the recording or "stopping" the non-existent recording.

edit: The above also causes the console to freeze when you try to save, which I found out the hard way after spending an hour in floor10 zhonecage(cant save while in there). And I even got an ultra-rare drop :(

i can confirm now

5 = gave me error on recording

4 = 480x272

it is not advised to use high/good quality with save game utility or with other plugins while recording!

PoC, only the 5 MB Container Usage (hold left) is capable of leaving enough memory available to get save game utility/necessary stuff loaded etc.

From that point i wont update the prx at anytime soon.

Edited by mysis

Great job mysis, it's works like a charm! :) on DOA5 & FIFA15 all codecs/resolutions

Tested on 4.65.2 Rebug CEX side with cobra & webman mod (i've just hexedit and change prxloader id to rebug toolbox) i don't have prxloader installed on cobra :)

so i've set a valid and already created folder to avoid error when i start recording, if it's possible add 720p on M4HD codec like 360p feature.

btw about closed source have you got a particular reason? or maybe you have any plans to release the source code later?

It's a pity :( this plugin is wonderful lol

Edited by M@tsumot0

PoC, only the 5 MB Container Usage (hold left) is capable of leaving enough memory available to get save game utility/necessary stuff loaded etc.

From that point i wont update the prx at anytime soon.

hold left for those settings and also due to less memory usage, the save game utility is now working. :-)

I only use the left setting, since the other gives sound issues. But the issue was due to a failed recording("recording error") not getting recognized by the plugin, locking me out of XMB and acting as if a recording was in progress.

Ive also encountered issues stopping the recording a few times(twice I think), the plugin refuses to detect the PS-button press, which in turn caused the controller to stop responding to input in-game, other than PS-button and its menu(selecting 'quit game' caused the console to freeze btw, probably due to a recording being in progress, nothing surprising there).

I hope you dont take this as whining or complaining, Im just reporting bugs I encounter so you can improve this even further :)

Anyway, heres a video of the last boss in Zhonecage, sonofabitch he hit hard o.o Ending dialog is quite funny though imo :P

Great job mysis, it's works like a charm! :) on DOA5 & FIFA15 all codecs/resolutions

Tested on 4.65.2 Rebug CEX side with cobra & webman mod (i've just hexedit and change prxloader id to rebug toolbox) i don't have prxloader installed on cobra :)

so i've set a valid and already created folder to avoid error when i start recording, if it's possible add 720p on M4HD codec like 360p feature.

btw about closed source have you got a particular reason? or maybe you have any plans to release the source code later?

It's a pity :( this plugin is wonderful lol

Unfortunately 720p and M4HD was only possible on very few games with their special game memory container usage (see compatibility here: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:Rec_plugin#Using_GAME_Container )

Now there is not enough memory left, so 720p is only possible with MJPEG encoder.

Source is not closed at all, it is just not that readable and good atm thus i decided to not include it..a release is possible, never say never.

I only use the left setting, since the other gives sound issues. But the issue was due to a failed recording("recording error") not getting recognized by the plugin, locking me out of XMB and acting as if a recording was in progress.

Ive also encountered issues stopping the recording a few times(twice I think), the plugin refuses to detect the PS-button press, which in turn caused the controller to stop responding to input in-game, other than PS-button and its menu(selecting 'quit game' caused the console to freeze btw, probably due to a recording being in progress, nothing surprising there).

I hope you dont take this as whining or complaining, Im just reporting bugs I encounter so you can improve this even further :)

Anyway, heres a video of the last boss in Zhonecage, sonofabitch he hit hard o.o Ending dialog is quite funny though imo :P

weird its mainly the JRPGs that do have that very heavy audio stuttering...are you playing on a phat? :-)

Also well bug reporting isnt something i will take care of, this is mainly a PoC, there is no intention to 100% fully make everything work/perfect.

But its good to see ~90% games recording than only 10% :-)

Edited by mysis

Would be a direct streaming via LAN be possible?

So that you not record the footage on the PS3 HDD, but direct it maybe to a VLC window?

Cause that would save some expensive Capture Cards, at least for some games ;)

@mysis @xxMergyxx

while you're still recording on the pc, you can :

root@smash:~#  ffmpeg -f mjpeg -r 29.97 -i ftp://192.168.1.38/ftp/dev_hdd0/game/PRXLOADER/USRDIR/BLUS31444_2015.03.31_22_32.avi -acodec copy -vcodec copy output_mjpg.avi

then 

root@smash:~# mplayer output_mjpg.avi

you can read the video perfectly, but no sound... instead of output_mjpg.avi, it's possible to redirect to a rstp/rtmp stream server...

also you can directly : 

root@smash:~# mplayer -demuxer rawvideo -rawvideo fps=29.970:w=640:h=368:format=mjpg:size=471040 -vf scale /home/smash/ftp/dev_hdd0/game/PRXLOADER/USRDIR/BLUS31444_2015.03.31_22_32.avi

after you launched : 

root@smash:~# curlftpfs 192.168.1.38 /home/smash/ftp

Video is working in that case but in fast forward mode (I don't why for now), can mitigate with -speed 0.12 but it's not really great and still no sound at the moment.

Edited by smash

Everybody's Golf 5

Everybody's Golf: World Tour (euro)

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (usa)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/930083-hot-shots-golf-out-of-bounds/data and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody%27s_Golf_5 (is the same game with different name by region)

Video recording works nice at higest quality (MJPEG@1280x720) :)

If someone can upload this to youtube... i made a video including the main menu, loading screens, etc... ---> https://1fichier.com/?abzn6n7jib

Btw... this is a bit special test, because this game records video by itself (is a feature of the game)... when you make a nice hole the recording starts automatically (the user cant decide when to record, is the game who decided what to record, and only records the bests holes)

In my video i made a chip-in (lucky me)... and you can see at the end the game displays the word "grabando" at top-right corner (in spanish it means "recording")

But after returning to main menu, the supposed recorded video doesnt appears in the list of video replays... so the game is not allowed to record (because mysis plugin was recording so the rec_plugin.sprx is under controll of mysis plugin)

Thats nice, because the game doesnt crashes when trying to make a double recording

Like mysis said... is not posible to record while recording :)

Edited by sandungas

Btw... while recording in everybody's golf... eventually some videos has bitrate drops, i have no idea why it happens

Is another attempt to record the same video from main menu up to complete the first hole... but this one had some notable pixelation (the pixelation starts when starting playing, and at the end of the video returns to normal)

Doesnt worths to upload to youtube, is just an example of the problem to compare with the previous one that had great quality

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxbp36

Edited by sandungas

weird its mainly the JRPGs that do have that very heavy audio stuttering...are you playing on a phat? :-)

Also well bug reporting isnt something i will take care of, this is mainly a PoC, there is no intention to 100% fully make everything work/perfect.

But its good to see ~90% games recording than only 10% :-)

Im willing to say its mainly the Tales of games that have this audio issue. Its the exact same with Remote Play in 480p. Audio is awful, but there is 0 input lag or screen lag. Works fine on the middle setting in the SFO(dont remember what res it is...), but then the image quality is crap instead...

Also no, Im not on a fat :) I have a cech-2004A, although the same thing happened on my old HH so I dont think its console-specific :)

Well, ok, but I'd say this plugin has surpassed the stage of being a "PoC", its more of a "RC" at this point. Just some extra checks for 'recording error' and the PS-button and the plugin itself is just fine :)

Another thing that might be handy from your pov would be to simply add all different recording options, and make it selectable step-by-step by using the R-stick up/down or right/left. Sure, there will be settings that wont work at all, but in that case the user can just select the next setting etc.

Well, if you change your mind about bugs etc it doesnt hurt to have them reported somewhere, does it? :) 

On another note, how come you've opted to use such an unresponsive button-detection in XMB? I was playing around with buttons a while ago, and I could detect and grab the buttons the moment they were pressed - not several seconds after. I know you need to use a slightly different method to detect the keys in-game which can be a bit unresponsive, but thats in-game, not xmb :P (note: this is NOT a complaint, Im just curious)

And yeah, while limited to 360p(well, I am, due to the sound issue in 'my' games), its still 360p more than nothing :)

The first version(well, 0.2) with game container didnt even create the video file other than in rebug toolbox lol, and the few times it did, it slowed the game down to a crawl along with worse sound than the ToGF 720p video I posted above.

I think its quite safe to say this new method is "a bit" better than the previous  :rotfl: