PSV OFW 3.50 now live

As many of you already know, tomorrow, march 26, the 2.50 update for PS4 is getting released. In the shadows, theres another device that will also get an update, namely the PS Vita.

Update 3.50(whatever happened with 3.37-3.49 no one knows) is a mandatory update, not only for PSN access, but also to be able to remote play your 2.50 PS4... Yeah... On the plus side, Sony claims the Vita will now stream the gameplay in 60fps.... whether thats true or not remains to be seen.

While not confirmed yet, it is believed that this update is the "march update" Sony have mentioned a while back.

So what is new in this awesome update(assuming its the 'march update')? Well...

60fps remote play to PS4

No more Youtube

No more Maps

No more Near

(Most likely, not confirmed)All <=3.36 exploits patched, INCLUDING bubbles.

So yeah, this is an awesome update for the Vita, more features removed! Wait, what? Yeah, you read it right, nothing new, just stuff getting removed...

To make matters worse, it is also believed that this update will not only patch the exploits, but also break the currently installed exploits. This has not been the case with 3.18->3.35->3.36, if you had an exploit(clarification: A custom bubble) already, and updated, the exploit(bubble) would still work.

However, all may not be lost, as its rumored that quikrazor has found an exploit that is virtually unpatchable. The downside? You will need a CFW PSP, or an already exploited Vita in order to get his exploit running. We are still talking about ePSP exploits, by the way, no native Vita exploits still(surprise surprise).

To read more about the patch, head over to wololo.net's article.

To read more about the supposedly unpatchable exploit, head over to wololo.net's other article.

And finally, I hope my sarcasm got through, but just to clarify what I actually think of this "update":

This is bullshit. Fking useless piece of crap sony only thinking about removing shit and blocking eCFW.

Dont update unless you really want to remote play your PS4 games from the Vita.

UPDATE:

The patch is Live and LO AND BEHOLD! It actually brings a few NEW features to the Vita!!! Yeah Im as shocked as you are o.o

Similar to the PS4 update, you can now reassign the buttons! However this is system-wide, meaning it will affect both the system and the games, which may cause an issue or some 'getting used to'. Still a nice thing for those with imported Vitas or those that prefer O=accept(like me, although I am used to X=Accept on the Vita now)

There is also a new settings entry called 'Accessibility'.

You can now zoom the screen to make it easier to read stuff, invert colors, change font size and make it bold, along with a contrast-setting that might help to improve the colors.

Those are all nice features in my honest opinion, but then theres the other side... the dark side...

All 3.36 usermode exploits no longer works.

The kernel mode exploit is also patched.

Custom bubbles no longer works.

They have also strengthen the security to changes inside ms0:/PSP/, but thats expected to be somewhat easy to circumvent. Time will tell.

What this means for the user, today, is: Updating to 3.50 will cause ALL your exploits to stop working, regardless if they are already installed or not. There is no telling when, or even if, there will be new exploits for 3.50. If you like to play old classic emulators on your Vita, I strongly recommend staying on whatever firmware you currently have installed.

Info freely stolen from wololo.net

Update 2:

Fear not! It seems its still possible to run VHBL on 3.50! It requires a game not-yet-known to the public, and who knows when or if it will be released. But its good to know theres still a possibility for us to run our emu's on 3.50 :)

Source: wololo.net (again.. lol)

• Upvote 3

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

well was that really so surpising ?

they wanna start a streaming service for all their games to catch up with nintendo's so called "game library".

to have the vita play thoes game library for free will for sure make them butthurt ^^

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

• GregoryRasputin

According to the PS Blog on the PS4 2.50 firmware, the PSV firmware will be out tonight.

Also the unpatchable thing, i don't think is unpatchable, it just doesn't have Sony's usual blocking methods, at least that's the impression i get.

• Upvote 2

yea unpatchable XD i wet my pant's

correcta mente == all other exploit's was added to a "save game file black listing module"

and this new exploit is not based on a save game file so there is no module "right now" but that does not mean that sony won't add one and list that exploit. Or add the block somewhere else anyway. Just look onto the so called "unpatchable" exploit of the PS3.

unpatchable.....yea sure cause a big company like sony that spend million's of $ or € to make another few billion's of $ or € is not able to re-write / patch their own FW XD

noobs...

Edited by cfwprophet

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

• Super Admin

Sony consoles.... the only consoles that I know of that lose features over time instead of gaining them

• Upvote 2

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

Sony consoles.... the only consoles that I know of that lose features over time instead of gaining them

The loss of YouTube and Maps is due to Google dropping the mobile API support for apps. This means TVs and other devices that use the older API will also lose access to the services. So that isn't really Sony's fault fully. They could make new apps, but.... It's Sony.

Sent from my OnePlus One

• Upvote 1

They could make new apps, but.... It's Sony.

Which means it IS sonys fault ;)

• Upvote 1

• Super Admin

PS2.... lost the link port (I forgot what it was called but it was useless. (It did give people a way to play gran turismo 3 over multiple consoles) and the HDD bay. I know the HDD bay was due to a hardware revision, but still.... it was a feature, and sony removed it. I found my PS2 with HDD useful as I was a SOCOM player and it was my first taste of DLC

PS3.... OTHEROS (yes people are still bitter about it. I used it as an emulation station, and if it hadn't been removed I may not have ever installed a MFW on my PS3)

PSvita may not be losing "features" (yet) but it is losing apps that are useful on a mobile device. Give it time and they will more than likely remove other features. Let their be some sort of native vita hack.... if it is exploited via a "feature" you can bet that the feature will be removed instead of patched.

Same with the PS4.... it is still early. As it stands right now it lacks features that the PS3 had early on (DLNA media server support anyone?)

• Upvote 1

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

Let´s see they jumped from 3.36 to 3.50 so this must be a major update. I´ll be expecting many new features.:)

Oh wait, damn I forgot  we´re talking about sony updates where more stuff gets removed than added..:(

I really hope they´re going to give more than that. This is ridiculous even for Sony.

PSvita may not be losing "features" (yet) but it is losing apps that are useful on a mobile device. Give it time and they will more than likely remove other features. Let their be some sort of native vita hack.... if it is exploited via a "feature" you can bet that the feature will be removed instead of patched.

You know... It wouldnt surprise me if they remove the PS3 Remote play app, since its mostly used by those with CFW PS3, so they could come up with a lame excuse such as "the PS3 doesnt support Remote Play, buy a PS4" while at the same time saying "FUCK YOU CFW USERS, THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR TRYING TO IMPROVE OUR SHIT WE ARE TOO STUPID TO FIX OURSELVES!".

Updated OP with release info and edited topic title.

• Upvote 2