Thibobo

Hacker Claims To Be Running Pirated Games On Xbox One

A hacker from the hackergroup 4Chan

claims that they are able to run pirated games on the Xbox One

The Xbox One SDK which was leaked last December gave the modding community hope that there may well be an exploit for the Xbox One soon. It revealed that the next gen console used a new package format which is responsible for updating the console and storing applications.

The hacker credits notHALT in a statement where they ask "You remember the Xbox One SDK that leaked right?" then went on to explain that the latest update on the Xbox One has a security exploit which checks for an online connection when a game is installed on the console. "If no connection is found, my code would then ‘emulate’ an internet connection and then I can run isos on the Xbox One" they claim.

The legitimacy of these claims should be taken with a pinch of salt unless proof surfaces. One 4Chan member rightly stated that "the physical game disks don't even hold the game data on them, they just authorize a download from the distributor's servers." This would mean the claims of running isos are fake.

So every xbox one game I was to buy at a retail store, it will not have the entire game on the disk itself?

So we are screwed if you don't have internet?  What kinda marketing business is that?  Sounds to me they don't listen to the customers and just do what they want...   I personally hope the Xbox one is cracked wide open, and eventually even be able to download the whole games.  I am to receive an xbox one console next friday,  but now I am reconsidering and will probably just go ahead with the PS4

One 4Chan member rightly stated that "the physical game disks don't even hold the game data on them, they just authorize a download from the distributor's servers." This would mean the claims of running isos are fake.

Not saying whether right or wrong as I have never looked at an XBOne game case, but unless it Very clearly states that the game cannot be run without Internet connection it's not allowed.

Even if it does state this, does it also give information about how to obtain data in another way, or reclaim any additonal monies spent due to possibly being on a pay-as-you-go download tariff? 

Internet to verify is fine, but the game itself????????? (even for verification, they have to give you an alternate way of doing it )

Basically, unless stated Clearly at point of sale that you are Not purchasing the game etc, it's not allowed :)............ In the UK at least.

I call BS.  Put up or shut up (proof that is).

The fact that an announcement has been made without any kind of proof should tell everyone something.  Even fakers provide fake proof. :D

If this is true (which I doubt) we will have to wait for Team Xecutor to somehow lock it down into hardware we don't need before it is ever made public :P

ill have to say bull (for now)

nothing more .....

i Agree With BobbyBlunt some how Xecuter will find a way to make something simple and change it into somthing complicated and make millions 

Not saying whether right or wrong as I have never looked at an XBOne game case, but unless it Very clearly states that the game cannot be run without Internet connection it's not allowed.

Even if it does state this, does it also give information about how to obtain data in another way, or reclaim any additonal monies spent due to possibly being on a pay-as-you-go download tariff? 

Internet to verify is fine, but the game itself????????? (even for verification, they have to give you an alternate way of doing it )

Basically, unless stated Clearly at point of sale that you are Not purchasing the game etc, it's not allowed :)............ In the UK at least.

I've got an XB1, bought the Halo Master Chief Collection, ( disk ) go to play it, had to download some where around 50 gig to play it.

I've got an XB1, bought the Halo Master Chief Collection, ( disk ) go to play it, had to download some where around 50 gig to play it.

Just to play it on console with no whistles and bells, or play it online?

I havent yet had my XB1 offline, but i remember the stupid wait of downloading 30+GB for Halo.

The PS4 however, every damn time PSN is down, i can never access my digital titles, i get locked out :(

I havent yet had my XB1 offline, but i remember the stupid wait of downloading 30+GB for Halo.

The PS4 however, every damn time PSN is down, i can never access my digital titles, i get locked out :(

The last time PS4 was down, not only was I locked out of every single game on my system but even after it came back up I was still getting errors and had to re-download half my library again.

Not bad if you're only talking 2-4 GB a game but when you have a bunch of full titles purchased digitally, you're talking 30+GB per game.  Talk about a major pain in the ass!!!  Then all the updates on top!  I was ready to tell Sony to go F*$# themselves.

I will never buy a next-gen console that is tied to online again--would rather stick with my pc thank you very much!  Honestly, there hasn't been a console exclusive that I really would have missed playing yet.  The only one that I've really been looking forward to is Uncharted and that has just been pushed back a very long ways into the future.

Edited by rednekcowboy

Unfortunately, this online-requirement wont disappear, its just going to get worse. Eventually all games will be stream-only, thats the future we're heading into. On the plus side one wont have do download anything anymore, on the downside is everything else...

Hopefully this is decades away considering neither Sony or M$ can even keep their damn download servers up properly....

Would it be impossible to rip the already downloaded game and install on another console though? I mean not obviously now, but I'm just thinking as far as 3ds eshop. Or really any DLC that is already rippable and writable. 

Unfortunately, this online-requirement wont disappear, its just going to get worse. Eventually all games will be stream-only, thats the future we're heading into. On the plus side one wont have do download anything anymore, on the downside is everything else...

Hopefully this is decades away considering neither Sony or M$ can even keep their damn download servers up properly....

Good thing I have too many years of ps3, 360, ps2, etc, etc and pc games that I've never played/finished that will get me through until my hands are too crippled to hold a controller.

One upside to being almost 40 lol :)

Pretty sure it was to even play it. Haven't been online with it for PvP

Would it be impossible to rip the already downloaded game and install on another console though? I mean not obviously now, but I'm just thinking as far as 3ds eshop. Or really any DLC that is already rippable and writable.

Well the ps4 has got pkg system so theoretically for the ps4 it will work for xbox one we will first have to figure out how the system downloads the files and in what format and the list goes on and on

I really hope you are wrong, but what you have said is already being proven. The day that happens is the day I stop gaming. I am a fan of physical media. I feel like I own something if I can actually hold it in my hand, even if it is something as simple as a disc. I have purcahsed many games via digital marketplaces (Xbox marketplace, PS Store, Steam) and have never really been happy about it as I know that I can lose my purchases at any given time. Even with digital downloads I still feel like I have some ownership over the product I purchased (if needbe I can crack a game that was downloaded through a digital marketplace) but with streaming that feeling is totally gone. You cannot retain the files and crack them if the service goes down. If the service goes down your games are inaccessible and you simply lost money.

As far as the xbox goes.... I thought that you only needed an internet connection during initial setup. These huge files were "patch" files according to MS. I know there is no sch thing as a 50 GB patch, but who knows. I have given up on the idea of seeing new gen consoles modded already for the simple fact that there will probably be no more free solutions. Ps3s have a free soltuion if you were lucky enough to have an older PS3 that was capacble of going to 3.55, and 360s had a free solution (mostly) with the drive flashing community. Sadly even the drive flashing community started going to the paid hardware route as c4eva seems to have sold his soul to TX. The newest 360 slims and E models can be flashed, but you need to RGH to get your key, then you are forced to buy an unlocked board to be able to write the modified firmware to. It turned out that the unlocked PCB was nothing more than a phat 360 lite on PCB that was modified to fit in a slim chasis.

Modding consoles is no longer about the challenge, or the community.... it is about how people can make as much money as possible. Sometimes hardware is needed (like old school mod chips, and glitch chips for example) but in many cases extra hardware is not needed.... yes I am looking at you True Blue and TX.

IMO Team xecutor pulled something almost as scummy as True Blue with the DGX. The DGX was a device that allowed you to get a cpukey from newer dashes when MS first blocked the xor hack.... turns out the DGX was never even needed.

IMO Team xecutor pulled something almost as scummy as True Blue with the DGX. The DGX was a device that allowed you to get a cpukey from newer dashes when MS first blocked the xor hack.... turns out the DGX was never even needed.

There was a wau to get this i think i saw it on a russian form somewhere then teamX just buaght them out and had them delete all posts they have made .......... all i money money i wouldnt actually be supprised if teamX was actuality a sub devision from MS

Would actually make a lot of Scenes you supply the console and you supply the hack money money   

There was a wau to get this i think i saw it on a russian form somewhere

There were some files leaked call RIP DGX and they allowed the booting of xell without the DGX. TX claims they discovered them first but I know where they came from ;) It may have been TX that did discover them first, but they were too busy trying to make money with the DGX. The DGX hasn't been needed for a long time now

Well the ps4 has got pkg system so theoretically for the ps4 it will work for xbox one we will first have to figure out how the system downloads the files and in what format and the list goes on and on

uhm....for what i have understood this hack, you dono need a hacked con -.-

with that hack you could smash da shit onto a win machine and just be happy.

Hell it's a Win32 Kernel with modded Win8 OS....

Edit:

Also it's more a Virtual Host Machine then anything else. Just like the PS4. But with the diff that if you can get some base files and or the Os and the Virtual Hard Disk's it self, you can more or less "easy" run that on a standart win machine.

Try that with the PS4.... XD

Edited by cfwprophet

That really sucks. I guess the ps4 does not store any type of licensing file like the ps3 does (act.dat) In your case simply losing internet connectivitiy could stop you from playing content that you have purchased. So much for Sony's stance on not needing an always online machine, but it was rumored Sony was going to do the same thing as Microsoft with the always online console and the DRM until they saw the backlash that Microsoft received. Being knocked offline should not prevent you from playing games you have purchased. We have all lost connection to the internet before. ISPs cannot guarantee that you will be online 100% of the time. Things happen. Poles and lines get damaged, cables get accidentally dug up and damaged, sometimes ISPs are the target of major DDoS attack.

uhm....for what i have understood this hack, you dono need a hacked con -.-

with that hack you could smash da shit onto a win machine and just be happy.

Hell it's a Win32 Kernel with modded Win8 OS....

Edit:

Also it's more a Virtual Host Machine then anything else. Just like the PS4. But with the diff that if you can get some base files and or the Os and the Virtual Hard Disk's it self, you can more or less "easy" run that on a standart win machine.

Try that with the PS4.... XD

Isn't the PS4 essentially a x86-64 BSD based PC with a modified/proprietary kernel? Seeing a windows PC run Xbone games natively would be hilarious. WE WILL GET KILLER INSTINCT ON PC YET :P

I may very well be wrong, but these x86 consoles could potentially be easier to emulate when the community gets to that point.... unless you are correct and windows can run Xbone games natively. The original Xbox was also a windows based x86 machine, and I believe the Dreamcast also ran some form of windows

I doubt we will ever see the day when a windows machine can run Xbone games/OS natively, but it would be hilarious if that were to ever happen.

I doubt we will ever see the day when a windows machine can run Xbone games/OS natively, but it would be hilarious if that were to ever happen.

I think its more likely we will see a full fledged desktop windows/*nix on the XBone before seeing the xbone on a PC, pretty much exactly what happened to the OG xbox.

Isn't the PS4 essentially a x86-64 BSD based PC with a modified/proprietary kernel? Seeing a windows PC run Xbone games natively would be hilarious. WE WILL GET KILLER INSTINCT ON PC YET :P

I may very well be wrong, but these x86 consoles could potentially be easier to emulate when the community gets to that point.... unless you are correct and windows can run Xbone games natively. The original Xbox was also a windows based x86 machine, and I believe the Dreamcast also ran some form of windows

Yes the ground base of both is the same. But just think or better say, what do you think which of both systems will run before the other one ?

You get a powerfull Win machine with Win8. We take that hack for both systems and now you shall port and patch the driver's of the Win8 Power machine and make one of both Console OS's run on it.

So Bone with allready win32 kernel and modded win8 OS...

OR

The PS4 with a custome BSD including our Chains Of Trust (eg. LV0, LV1, LV2)...

?? :)

you get the point im sure. :)

and something for the record....there was a X360 Emu for PC to the very first of beginning. Althought not public but there was one and as M$ smelled the fish, yea well im guess you can imagine what they have done to stop that dev's :P

Yes the ground base of both is the same. But just think or better say, what do you think which of both systems will run before the other one ?

You get a powerfull Win machine with Win8. We take that hack for both systems and now you shall port and patch the driver's of the Win8 Power machine and make one of both Console OS's run on it.

So Bone with allready win32 kernel and modded win8 OS...

OR

The PS4 with a custome BSD including our Chains Of Trust (eg. LV0, LV1, LV2)...

?? :)

you get the point im sure. :)

and something for the record....there was a X360 Emu for PC to the very first of beginning. Althought not public but there was one and as M$ smelled the fish, yea well im guess you can imagine what they have done to stop that dev's :P

I may be wrong but I think emulating PS4 and Xbox1 will require them to first get hacked. Wouldn't it? But we don't need to emulate the hardware cause it is closer to PC.

My only thing is if we wouldnt need emulation at all to run content designed for the new consoles then why is the original Xbox still so hard to emulate? It was also x86