zecoxao

Your friendly neighborhood Hykem needs help

Please check this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-194#post-5362070

This thread can be closed. Thanks!

Don't let a few idiots put you off doing something that you obviously enjoy doing. mistakes and misunderstanding were made, but that's not your fault.

I do not think you should stop or give up based on what has happened in that thread, get a Wii U and if you have to, work on it on your own :)

Also a donator donating in order to get credited in the credits is a bit lame, donate for the cause, for the future progress, not to get mentioned in some list.

Donators should realise that they will be thanked and should never offer a donation just to get some fame >.<

Don't let a few idiots put you off doing something that you obviously enjoy doing. mistakes and misunderstanding were made, but that's not your fault.

I do not think you should stop or give up based on what has happened in that thread, get a Wii U and if you have to, work on it on your own :)

Also a donator donating in order to get credited in the credits is a bit lame, donate for the cause, for the future progress, not to get mentioned in some list.

Donators should realise that they will be thanked and should never offer a donation just to get some fame >.<

Thanks GregoryRasputin! :)

Unfortunately, spending around 300 euros/340 dollars on a gaming console is just impossible for me, so without the donations there's no way I can help any further.

The research is there and other members have access to Wii Us, but it has become clear that doing this remotely is just impractical.

I guess for now this is as far as I can go. Thanks for the support though!

If the webkit ever gets adapted to 3.1 and if ever feel like remoteing one, let us know. As for that 'Gamecube Hacker' he came off as a total shmuck and deserves to be hated on in any ascii art that gets released due to your efforts. But he would probably enjoy that, so maybe not. 

If the webkit ever gets adapted to 3.1 and if ever feel like remoteing one, let us know. As for that 'Gamecube Hacker' he came off as a total shmuck and deserves to be hated on in any ascii art that gets released due to your efforts. But he would probably enjoy that, so maybe not. 

Sure. If you manage to get the 3.1 binaries (since they can now be decrypted) I'll be more than happy to help you out and write the ROP chain for 3.1, since the current WebKit exploit just needs to be adapted. :)

So, apparently the thread can be closed now, but for a different reason: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-196#post-5362293

The person in question will remain anonymous, but I can confirm I have received the money.

Sure. If you manage to get the 3.1 binaries (since they can now be decrypted) I'll be more than happy to help you out and write the ROP chain for 3.1, since the current WebKit exploit just needs to be adapted. :)

So, apparently the thread can be closed now, but for a different reason: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-196#post-5362293

The person in question will remain anonymous, but I can confirm I have received the money.

Cool, but would there be any advantage for you or anyone else interested in remote testing a WiiU for it to be on 3.1? 

3.0.1 is easier to get IOSU exploit. People keep saying 3.1 you would need different webkit exploits for each one. Hykem told me he think ,he knows how comex did it. I was pointing out 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 is different. Hope hykem knows that too. Before he updates his new WiiU :)

3.0.1 is easier to get IOSU exploit. People keep saying 3.1 you would need different webkit exploits for each one. Hykem told me he think ,he knows how comex did it. I was pointing out 3.0.1 and 3.1.0 is different. Hope hykem knows that too. Before he updates his new WiiU :)

Yep, I know. :)

The point on thezander keeping his Wii U on 3.1.0 will be to check if the exploit can be adapted for firmwares higher than 3.0.1 (which was not entirely confirmed).