zecoxao

Your friendly neighborhood Hykem needs help

Just stopping by to thank zecoxao for asking for a donation. I'm not expecting this to actually go somewhere since the Wii U is quite an expensive console.

Anyway, I'm working with Marionumber1 on the current user exploit here: https://bitbucket.org/Marionumber1/wiiu-userspace

And we're working on a kernel exploit behind the scenes. Marionumber1's Wii U was updated some time ago and we've been remote testing the exploits instead. We all live in different time zones and that is delaying progress a lot.

If for some reason anyone is willing to donate a Wii U, my plans are quite simple for it:

- If it's on 5.1.1 or higher: write a new WebKit exploit. I already have working bugs, just need a console to test.

- If it's on 5.1.0 or lower: jump immediately to testing the current kernel exploit.

We already know the process from which the OTP is accessed by the IOSU, so obtaining the keys would be trivial.

Thanks anyway!

I'd be willing to help, however I am on the latest firmware.

EDIT: I would be able to get my hands on a 5.1.0 system given some time if it is too much hassle on 5.1.1+

Edited by Orphant

I'd be willing to help, however I am on the latest firmware.

EDIT: I would be able to get my hands on a 5.1.0 system given some time if it is too much hassle on 5.1.1+

Nice! If you can get a 5.1.0, that would be ideal, but anything else would be good as well.

Nice! If you can get a 5.1.0, that would be ideal, but anything else would be good as well.

So, you're not looking for remote access, but rather have the system sent to you? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

it'd be faster if he actually had the console (we're talking about a difference of hours from remote access to minutes on personal access)
so yes, having the console would make his life easier.
any console would do.

whats his timezone? my nephew has a wiiu that im sure hasnt been updated in a long time. do we both need to be active for him to do his thing? i wouldn't be able to send him one, and i'm sure by now he has already got an offer to remote a 5.1 console. but if he still would like to remote this one i can get my hands on it in a couple of days.

either way i suppose consider this an empty jester for now since i dont actually have it in my possession, i also have to rely on 9 year old to remember to grab it from his house. best case tomorrow if i can catch him before he leaves. if its below 5, should i update it with a game first? like smash or mario kart

I dont know how remote access on the wiiu work, but why would timezones matter? Just leave it on so he has access to it 24/7? Or does it require user input from the console before one can connect remotely every time one wants to connect?

I have a console that I could send if I could get it back or I can donate towards a console. I'll help either way.

Greg... You have my e-mail. Just shoot me an addy and I'll send it in the AM as long as I can get it back :)

Edited by ronopotomus

I have a console that I could send if I could get it back or I can donate towards a console. I'll help either way.

Greg... You have my e-mail. Just shoot me an addy and I'll send it in the AM as long as I can get it back :)

Thanks! Yes, you would get it back of course, but I don't know for how long I would need it.

If, on the other hand, you wish to donate any amount, you could donate to: http://jpcsp.org/

Please check my post on GBAtemp here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-188#post-5355497

I dont know how remote access on the wiiu work, but why would timezones matter? Just leave it on so he has access to it 24/7? Or does it require user input from the console before one can connect remotely every time one wants to connect?

whats his timezone? my nephew has a wiiu that im sure hasnt been updated in a long time. do we both need to be active for him to do his thing? i wouldn't be able to send him one, and i'm sure by now he has already got an offer to remote a 5.1 console. but if he still would like to remote this one i can get my hands on it in a couple of days.

either way i suppose consider this an empty jester for now since i dont actually have it in my possession, i also have to rely on 9 year old to remember to grab it from his house. best case tomorrow if i can catch him before he leaves. if its below 5, should i update it with a game first? like smash or mario kart

The issue is that whenever the exploit fails (e.g.: doesn't give the expected result), the console may need to be reset and the RPC server needs to be started again by the remote user.

So, for remote testing, the user would need to stay active for as long as the testing would take.

Thanks! Yes, you would get it back of course, but I don't know for how long I would need it.

If, on the other hand, you wish to donate any amount, you could donate to: http://jpcsp.org/

Please check my post on GBAtemp here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-188#post-5355497

The issue is that whenever the exploit fails (e.g.: doesn't give the expected result), the console may need to be reset and the RPC server needs to be started again by the remote user.

So, for remote testing, the user would need to stay active for as long as the testing would take.

EDIT: Apparently that fell through today, so when I saw him I tried to iterate to his parent and him. I also taped a message on his coat that reads : "Bring WiiU" I am hoping tomorrow if they show up and remember to bring it. 

Edited by thezander

I don't mind sending it. I just need an address. I only have a console to send. I bought an extra one for the gamepad. My son broke his and it was almost the cost of buying the system to replace it. If that o.k. let's begin.

Ah yes of course... Makes sense.

Wouldnt be hard to set up a remote power-toggle though, but if the RPC server cant start automatically then theres not much to do about it....

Not that I have the wiiu yet. But out of curiosity does the vwii need to have HBC first in order to remote in? out of that I can't imagine how it would work.

Double Post: 

I have the 3.1 WiiU in my possession, just let me know the details on what to do for it to be remoted to.

Edited by thezander

Double Post: 

I have the 3.1 WiiU in my possession, just let me know the details on what to do for it to be remoted to.

Hmmm, that might be a problem. The current WebKit exploit needs to be adapted to run on firmware 3.1 (we only have it working from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0).

However, don't update your unit regardless. It may come in handy for IOSU exploiting later on.

Thanks for the help nonetheless! :)

Hmmm, that might be a problem. The current WebKit exploit needs to be adapted to run on firmware 3.1 (we only have it working from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0).

However, don't update your unit regardless. It may come in handy for IOSU exploiting later on.

Thanks for the help nonetheless! :)

right on, i have mario kart so i could update it to 4.1 i think. also smash but maybe thats too new of firmware

edit: i also have dk freeze which i read has 4.0.0

Edited by thezander