Xhase

Bricked Game stick.... possibly soft brick?

What happened you ask?

well it all started when i turned it over to developer mode, no problems with that. 

but it happened when i was attempting to install G apps.

in the tutorial found on i believe Hackinformer's forum, it says a "USB" mouse is required.

i didn't quite realize it till i got to a point where i couldn't continue in the TUT, so for some reason i turned off "blue tooth"

in the settings (while in developer mode) so now what i get is a game stick that boots and "works" but doesn't work because i cant connect my controller to it. 

I've tried hitting the buttons on the controller(bt pair and reset) and the reset button on the game stick to no avail.

i also went out and bought a OTG USB thing , but it wont work for me because i can only power the game stick with the micro USB port, and i can't use the OTG function at the same time. 

TUT should've said i needed an OTG for the USB mouse >:(

any how, its bricked now..... what should i do?,

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

...be sad! (Sorry I couldn't resist...

• Upvote 1

My collection:

PSP's - 1006 (TA079) pb various CFW, 2004(TA088v3) as 6.61 Infinity, 3004(TA090v2) pb 6.61 Infinity

PS Vita - PCH1004 3.60 kaiHENkaku with Adrenaline

PS3 - Slim CECH2004B 4.66 DARKNET COBRA CEX v1.00

PS4's - 2x CUH-1215B 4.06 OFW

Do you still get recovery menu? I use a USB keyboard on mine instead of the controller

Apply external power to the USB OTG cable. That should power both the device and the mouse.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

How?

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

How?

slice the cable up and solder another usb cable to it so u can give it power and use a kb or mouse

here is a pinout to help you out

patillaje-conector-usb.jpg

• Upvote 1

ok this is easy do you have the y cable that came with your game stick also a usb mouse also if you have a usb hub that will help a little let me know you have seen this and ill help you through it

Edited by riddle43

ok this is easy do you have the y cable that came with your game stick also a usb mouse also if you have a usb hub that will help a little let me know you have seen this and ill help you through it

I have them yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

slice the cable up and solder another usb cable to it so u can give it power and use a kb or mouse

here is a pinout to help you out

patillaje-conector-usb.jpg

Slice the male wire and solder red and black for power, then connect the USB mouse to the other end.

^^^ this is on my OTG hub^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

ok all you need to do is plug in a usb hub or just the usb mouse in the y cable then when you have the mouse plugged in look to the top right of the dev screen and youll see little squares click them and it should bring up you apps and the settings icon then just turn your Bluetooth back on

• Upvote 1

ok all you need to do is plug in a usb hub or just the usb mouse in the y cable then when you have the mouse plugged in look to the top right of the dev screen and youll see little squares click them and it should bring up you apps and the settings icon then just turn your Bluetooth back on no need to slice open any cable 

IT WORKED! Man I didn't realize that Y cable works like that... Super cool, I just put the GS to rest since last year and thought I was a gone-er. Thank you guys so much for your help

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

no prob glad i could help and dont forget i did a lot for that gamestick on hackinformer just make sure to read and check out the videos for more help