GregoryRasputin

What Exploit Does The PS4 Browser Have

@zecoxao posted a link on Twitter to a thread on Wololo.net, from a poster claiming that the new PS4 update will block a Web Browser exploit on the PS4, here is the thread:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=39331#p358558

:fighting0085:

Isnt this the pkg file download fix ?

Where u used proxy server to download pkg files ......

Else i have no idea lol

Isnt this the pkg file download fix ?

Where u used proxy server to download pkg files ......

Else i have no idea lol

Web browser doesn't have anything to do with the proxy pkg method. not to mention the proxy pkg method is mostly useless without the right keys :)

This is something more similar to what is on wii u. Except we don't know what kind of exploit it is. And if it runs it needs to bypass ASLR and NX which isn't an easy thing to do.

edit: just talked with Proxima. and, obviously, @euss knows.

From EussNL: PS4 to be released 2.000.000 using newer Webkit 537.73: Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation 4 2.00) AppleWebKit/537.73 (KHTML like Gecko)

PSVita to be released 3.200.000 still using old Webkit 536.26: Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation Vita 3.20) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.2

http://forum.jogos.uol.com.br/rumor-next-ps4-firmware-update-new-design--system-notification_t_3140902

Slightly off topic but I saw it mentioned and it sparked some curiosity. Pkg proxy method? That was blocked on ps3.... Is it working again on ps4 because that would be hilarious

Slightly off topic but I saw it mentioned and it sparked some curiosity. Pkg proxy method? That was blocked on ps3.... Is it working again on ps4 because that would be hilarious

Idk i didnt test it actually someone test it quick !! Lol ....

It wasnt actually blocked it can still be used u just need a pkg file signed with the right keys lol :P

I have a theory its gonna take ma a while will report if i find something

Also think sony signes ps3 and ps4 pkg's the same ?

it's on the vita only and requires a fuckton of shit to work. NPUMDIMG key, kiosk vita, and a kernel exploit. and it's mostly useless.

I prefer the term 'realist', esp. when there is a ton of preventive measures like Secure Boot, ASLR, ECDSA, SHA2, W^X, etc. thus relying on ROP.

At least it was nice (for those who can afford it) to see Decompiler 1.9 x64 released, but as it is a complete rework it will only work on IDA (Pro) 6.5 and higher.

The realist in me tells me that developing will be easier because it is x86-64, but not the same can be said about hacking it (though it is not optionless/hopeless).

As far as i can tell and this is imho the only way

Try using the expliots to tour advantage it will be the only qay a hack or a semi hack will be found

But nothing is impossible and i mean nothing not wven the ps3 is impossible to hack ita just hard

Yeah Greg posted on that and it sure does look interesting but how the hell does one work out WHAT gameid activates WHAT? or am I missing something?

I don't know if this could be a webbrowser bug to enable pkg install in the ui. I heard it should be possible via a system error. Probably a xml string will be used.

Urrmm...to be Topic, you can do some fancy stuff with the browser and i got word that some drivers would be dumped it's nice to look on them and analyze but in case of the PS4 secu you won't be able to do something with it. (the last one comes from me)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.