Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBlunt

Playstation to stop supporting Playstation mobile

Well it seems that Sony has decided to end support for Playstation mobile and Playstation certified devices. This saddens me personally because I was hoping for Playstation now to be pushed to PS certified devices

"Sony has announced that it will no longer support the Android side of PlayStation Mobile, its initiative to support cross-platform indie game publishing for the PS Vita and Google's OS. The service will continue to operate on PlayStation Certified devices running Android 4.4.2 and below, but from Android 4.4.3 and up, Sony can't guarantee that games will play correctly or that users will be able to access the store. Phones and tablets onAndroid L, the upcoming major refresh, won't have store access at all, and Sony says it has no plans to give any more devices PlayStation Certified status.

PlayStation Mobile offered a selection of original PSOne games, and had the occasional breakout hit of its own like Velocity, later remixed into a deluxe version for the regular PlayStation Store. But many of its most notable titles were also available on iOS, like Super Crate Box and Rymdkapsel. It may still have a place as the simplest way for indie developers to get their games onto the Vita, but given the console's increased focus on indie games in general, it appears that the end is in sight for this initiative."

Keep in mind you can turn almost any android device into a PS certified device. My tablet is currently on 4.4.4 and the store continues to work fine

Source: Here

Well it seems that Sony has decided to end support for Playstation mobile and Playstation certified devices. This saddens me personally because I was hoping for Playstation now to be pushed to PS certified devices

"Sony has announced that it will no longer support the Android side of PlayStation Mobile, its initiative to support cross-platform indie game publishing for the PS Vita and Google's OS. The service will continue to operate on PlayStation Certified devices running Android 4.4.2 and below, but from Android 4.4.3 and up, Sony can't guarantee that games will play correctly or that users will be able to access the store. Phones and tablets onAndroid L, the upcoming major refresh, won't have store access at all, and Sony says it has no plans to give any more devices PlayStation Certified status.

PlayStation Mobile offered a selection of original PSOne games, and had the occasional breakout hit of its own like Velocity, later remixed into a deluxe version for the regular PlayStation Store. But many of its most notable titles were also available on iOS, like Super Crate Box and Rymdkapsel. It may still have a place as the simplest way for indie developers to get their games onto the Vita, but given the console's increased focus on indie games in general, it appears that the end is in sight for this initiative."

Keep in mind you can turn almost any android device into a PS certified device. My tablet is currently on 4.4.4 and the store continues to work fine

Source: Here

All i can say is ..... Port experiment coming up for 4.4.3

All i can say is ..... Port experiment coming up for 4.4.3

I am currently on 4.4.4 and flashed my nexus 7 to be a "PS certified device" and everything is still working fine on that device.... and it isn't really a certified device. Also I noticed they mentioned Android L..... I understand it is still a preview build but I did not like L when I flashed it to my device. To me it seemed like a buggier version of KitKat with ART being forced down our throats. Even CM (and I believe AOKP) are talking about skipping development of Android L roms so if you have a "PS certified device" this may not affect you for a while, even if you go beyond 4.4.2