[Released] ps3xportGUI v0.1

GregoryRasputin

• GregoryRasputin

MickL39 has released version 0.1 of ps3xportGUI, which gives ps3xport  a graphical user interface.

sOBLUDA.png

Source

Via

• Upvote 4

Nice to see a GUI. That along with Pexploit makes the job much easier.

Wow......... Even using the default VS icon..... HOW LAZY CAN ONE PERSON BE!?

Seriously, at least TRY to spend more than 5 fucking minutes if youre going to code something you plan on releasing....

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

At least this guy made something. Its not a complicated program so I see no reason why to waste more time on a icon.

Edited by Bammo

how will this program create the backup files if we manually add games to the extract?

will it split the .dat files in 4gb parts? anyone tried this already?

• Developer

Wow......... Even using the default VS icon..... HOW LAZY CAN ONE PERSON BE!?

Seriously, at least TRY to spend more than 5 fucking minutes if youre going to code something you plan on releasing....

What is most important to you? A beautiful icon or a functional application?

In this case, the developer of PeXploit is bad too...

222988pexploitpasseenversionbeta011.jpg

how will this program create the backup files if we manually add games to the extract?

will it split the .dat files in 4gb parts? anyone tried this already?

For the file splitting, replace the ps3xport version with this : https://www.mediafire.com/?ofmvbllnmd9xt18

It's a compiled version of https://github.com/DetrikSyS/ps3xport/commit/db3b64de0509f545bea56ebb32a7dc0f0ceb7b47

C'mon guys don't start the mess for just a icon, and the tool is until in developpement.

Icon and other lil stuff lke this come always later :)

MickL39 thanks for you tool, but why not to discuss with TheDarkprogamer, maybe you can help him or something like that? :)

The universe energy doesn't lie and this chemistry is infinty at a million time

• Developer

C'mon guys don't start the mess for just a icon, and the tool is until in developpement.

Icon and other lil stuff lke this come always later :)

MickL39 thanks for you tool, but why not to discuss with TheDarkprogamer, maybe you can help him or something like that? :)

The TheDarkprogramer work is good. I just wanted to show you the icon of his program. It's the same ;) So an icon is not really important to make a good program. That's all ;)

If it makes you happy, the next version will have a different icon :D

Edited by MickL39
  • Upvote 1

Yea sorry i just re-read the topic ^^ (2:21 am... at this time, ps3xport and pexloit look same lol) Icon i not really what people waiting and like i said, this is just detail. Your GUI is good and help many people i think, so keep going :)

Edited by Solstice

The universe energy doesn't lie and this chemistry is infinty at a million time

Nah don't worry about some stupid icon. Just focus on the app. Itself thanks for your work.

For the file splitting, replace the ps3xport version with this : https://www.mediafire.com/?ofmvbllnmd9xt18

It's a compiled version of https://github.com/DetrikSyS/ps3xport/commit/db3b64de0509f545bea56ebb32a7dc0f0ceb7b47

Thanks! Will try it with my backup where the dat files are now over 4gb and I will try to add a game which is >4gb, too. Let's see what will happen :)

What is most important to you? A beautiful icon or a functional application?

A good presentation goes hand in hand with the quality of the application. Especially when it comes to GUI's whos ONLY purpose is to dumb down something already easy.

Darkprogrammer's application at least does a few things other than "GUI'fying" single-line CMD's. But yes, I think its very lazy of him as well not to change the icon.

• Upvote 3

• Developer

A good presentation goes hand in hand with the quality of the application. Especially when it comes to GUI's whos ONLY purpose is to dumb down something already easy.

Darkprogrammer's application at least does a few things other than "GUI'fying" single-line CMD's. But yes, I think its very lazy of him as well not to change the icon.

I would rather have suggestions to improve my application rather than debating a useless subject :)

Edited by MickL39
  • Upvote 1

• Developer

The TheDarkprogramer work is good. I just wanted to show you the icon of his program. It's the same ;) So an icon is not really important to make a good program. That's all ;)

If it makes you happy, the next version will have a different icon :D

lol icons are never really important but it just gives the app the look of being more sexy than a normal vs build

but Having a working app is always the first step in the right direction 

later u can add stuf like images flashing lights ext ext 

take reactpsn do they have a gui like pluginx or multiman nope just button commands but it works 

anyway 

Nice Work MickL39 on a practical GUI 

• Upvote 1

• Developer

In My Own Defense  it did say WIP LOL ^^

The splitting process is automatic,right?

• Developer

The splitting process is automatic,right?

Yes. You just need to replace the ps3xport.exe file and add the cygwin1.dll file.

Yes. You just need to replace the ps3xport.exe file and add the cygwin1.dll file.

I tried to use ur tool but every time I chose something It gave me error. Especially an error with the console id(I had my idps.bin selected)

• Developer

I tried to use ur tool but every time I chose something It gave me error. Especially an error with the console id(I had my idps.bin selected)

Do you use the last version (v0.2) ? Your Device Id file has 16 bytes ?

Do you use the last version (v0.2) ? Your Device Id file has 16 bytes ?

yes and yes. I obtained it with flatz's tool.

Edited by ocam

• Developer

yes and yes. I obtained it with flatz's tool.

I know may be why. Can you try with this version : https://www.mediafire.com/?0xq6t5331a2mx31

Thank you

Edited by MickL39

Well, heres an example of a more 'advanced' GUI. Its a dropped project I was doing years ago, which is why there are different version numbers, some misalignment and some clutter. The browser and client used to be 2 separate windows that I decided to merge(and then dropped it half-way lol).

It supports multiple devices(both through USB and wireless), multitasking, drag-dropping, installation of packages, copy/cut/paste/delete/view/rename files, and of course 100% graphical filebrowsing through ADB along with a cache-function to speed up the file listings.

This is just an example on how a CMD -> GUI tool can be made to look a bit less amateurish(whether or not you think it looks good depends on your taste, of course, which is one of the reasons I dropped it. Not many seems to like the black theme :)).

While the code behind my app is no doubt a lot more complicated than this tool, the principle is the same - change a CMD command to a GUI operation. Simple stuff, hence effort should be focused on visual appearance.

If I can do it - anyone can do it ;)

post-116-0-78528900-1421084946_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3