Teensy adapter Board for NANDway

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teensy adapter Board for NANDway   Hey. in the past, i create a simple adapter board to connect the Teensy to a "360-clip NAND Clip" (the classic kind of NAND Clips). It's easier and faster to solder

@exploit0: you can open the project file with Target3001 (the simplest variant of this tool ist free), but below, you find a pdf of the schematic, too   Many thanks to those who make the devwiki ar

Nicely done.  

Posted Images

• Developer

Joonie

Hi mate.

I have a same question, if solder proccess needs 32pin clip why the tutorials all for 48pin clip? didn't get this.

I have no clue, I'm trying my very first NAND downgrade with Teensy, and still struggling.

There are so many tutorials with different method, [mostly power/ wiring]

It seems like soldering nand legs are the best way to do, with external PSU

You can check my work in progress in this thread

Yeah, I solder the wires from linker to mb for NOR way but clip more easy and works good, only with trouble chips I'm using soldering.

So if it could be the easyest way there is no need in soldering. I want to try normal way with teensy plus clip but didn't get what the difference between 32pin clip and 48pin clip and for now don't know what to buy. And another thing. I want to take the dump from desoldered NAND without mb it's more easy for me , cazz solder back the nand it's 5-7 min of work) So I will need the aditional power for nand powering.

And YES I saw your topic and will wait your success)

• Founding Member

I have a same question, if solder proccess needs 32pin clip why the tutorials all for 48pin clip? didn't get this.

Because you are making up there is a difference, while there is not.

There are only 2 clips: 48pin (NAND) and 56pin (NOR).

With NAND (48pin TSOP1 [12mm x 20mm / 0.5mm pitch]), 15 lines are used (and two VCC/GND lines).

because not all pins are used, a NAND clip will generally have 22 pin header (and a 32 lines flatcable connecting the clip)

With NOR (56pin TSOP1 [14mm x 20mm / 0.5mm pitch]), 44 lines are used (and Tristate/GND lines)

because not all pins are used, a NOR clip will generally have 50 pins (and a 50 lines flatcable connecting the clip).

There are also universal breakout boards, which you can use to connect either a 48 NAND or 56 NOR clip (using a 60 lines flatcable), and depending on which (NAND/NOR) you will use different pins (but never all of them, like explained above).

tl;dr;

wii-clip.com/360/360-CLIP_12.jpg is NAND (48pin TSOP1 [12mm x 20mm / 0.5mm pitch]) with 22 pin header (and a 32 lines flatcable connecting the clip)..

·~øØ PSdevwiki.com - Your number 1 source, Share and expand, knowledge Øø~·

• 1 month later...

Teensy adapter Board for NANDway

IMG_20141130_233330.JPG

Hey. in the past, i create a simple adapter board to connect the Teensy to a "360-clip NAND Clip" (the classic kind of NAND Clips). It's easier and faster to solder a board than wire the cables, no more problems with cable breaks and a good connection. A english speaking user ask me for a solder tutorial, so I thought on this occasion, i can write directly to the community. :)

Of course, you can find all what you need below to order your own boards.

But now the tutorial with some words (the most things should be self-explanatory).

What you need:

IMG_20141130_222139.JPG

larger image

1x adapter board

1x Teensy++ 2.0

1x 5V to 3,3V Voltage Regulator for the Teensy (MCP1825, LM3940 or Pin-compatible)

1x TSSOP 32 NAND-Clip (360-Clip) with equipment (Flat-cable, Pin-header (2x11) and the red adapter board (you get always all this things when you buy a new NAND Clip))

2x Pin-header (1x20)

1x Pin-header (2x4)

optional but recommendable:

2x female connector (1x20)

1x female connector (2x4)

1x Pin-header (1x3)

1x Jumper

1x capacitor 100nF SMD-0603

1x capacitor 10µF SMD-0805

optional (if you want power the NAND with external Power):

1x 5V to 3,3V voltage regulator (LMS1587CS-3.3 or Pin-compatible)

1x 5V power supply (minimum 3A)

Tools:

- blade

- solder iron

- solder

- side Cutter

prepare the Teensy:

IMG_20141130_222942.JPG

larger image

First of all, we cut the following bridge on the bottom side of the Teensy so that the teensy no longer work with 5V

IMG_20141130_223414.JPG

larger image

now, we solder a bridge between the middle common solder pad and the 3,3V pad

IMG_20141130_223831.JPG

larger image

finally, we solder the voltage regulator on the Teensy

IMG_20141130_224258.JPG

larger image

Solder the adapter board:

Solder the pin-header on the board (be careful, the plastic of the pin-header could melting fast)

IMG_20141130_225406.jpg

larger image

now, plug the red adapter board (wich was at the NAND-clip) on the pin-header, solder the pins and cut them if they are too long.

IMG_20141130_230028.JPG

larger image

You can choose, if you want solder the Teensy fixed on the board....

IMG_20141130_230509.JPG

larger image

... or solder the Teensy on female connector to unplug him any time

IMG_20141130_230631.JPG

larger image

with the following 1x3 pin-header, you can choose the Power Source for the NAND (external, or USB) (sometimes it can cause problems, when you use the USB as Power Supply)

IMG_20141130_231348.JPG

larger image

when you Power the NAND by USB, the final step ist to connect the common header-pin with outmost pin

IMG_20141130_231423.JPG

larger image

optional things:

for a cleaner voltage, you should solder the capacitors

IMG_20141130_231530.JPG

larger image

IMG_20141130_231938.JPG

larger image

you can also solder a stronger voltageregulator (than the one on the Teensy)  to connect a stronger 5V power supply (than your USB Port).

Before you solder the regulator on the board, you should prepare the large pad of the Regulator and the Board with a layer of tin.

IMG_20141130_232429.JPGIMG_20141130_232518.JPG

IMG_20141130_233012.JPG

larger image

you can connect your 5V Power supply on the marked solder points. I used a DC-coupling for a better handling

IMG_20141130_233330.JPG

larger image

when you want use the external voltage, you must reposition the jumper (like you can see on the picture), but you can everytime change the source with the jumper

where you can buy this boards?

You can find a zip-file to download below. in this file, you find the complete project folder. You can use the files to view and change the Layout or the circuit diagram, but if you only want a board, you can send this zip-file to a PCB service. I order my boards everytime at elecrow.com. the board have a size of 55mm x 45mm, so you must order the boards on this page *click*.

before you add our order to the cart, the options should (except the color, this is your choice) look like on the following picture (a change of the order quantity only changed the weight and the transportation costs, so i order everytime 10 boards)

elecrow.JPG

I hope i could help someone

with kind regards

esprit1711 from psXtools Team :)

Hello - I would liko to try and build one of these, what I want to understand is that when I order the small board, with your templates placed at the order, then I have to just stick the teensy and 360 clip bit on them? no neet do solder exact bits to exact bits - the board does all that?

thank you

yes, this is correct. you just need to solder the parts on the board, like in the tutorial on the first page.

On a few of the pictures, you can see also the circuit board from below and his conduction paths.

yes, this is correct. you just need to solder the parts on the board, like in the tutorial on the first page.

On a few of the pictures, you can see also the circuit board from below and his conduction paths.

Thank you so much for your answer - actually i did not expect an answer, but just gave it a shot - I ordered the platines using your zip file, so I'll wait for them, I'll order the other bits using your suggested sites and such. Could I contact you once I gather everything and run into first difficulties? Only thing I don't know now is when you say at the biginning - we cut the following bridge - and on the next pic. I don't see any difference - what should I cut? I don't see nothing cut on the picture...  And second thing the 5c coupling - you just bught hollow coupling bits and connected cables on each end + you had some 5v adapter on one side - is that correct? Thanks a lot again

The first pic is very easy to spot because it isnt cleaned yet(lots of fiberglass etc). The second pic is cleaned and the area is filled with flux, which is why you can hardly see the cut. But trust me - its there ;)

If you look at the very first picture, you can see theres a metal bridge between the points where he cuts on the second pic, which is clearly not present on the 3rd, cleaned, pic.

• Upvote 1

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

The first pic is very easy to spot because it isnt cleaned yet(lots of fiberglass etc). The second pic is cleaned and the area is filled with flux, which is why you can hardly see the cut. But trust me - its there ;)

If you look at the very first picture, you can see theres a metal bridge between the points where he cuts on the second pic, which is clearly not present on the 3rd, cleaned, pic.

I think I see something now, I am trying to read your post ten times and see the pics ten times - still not 100 percent sure - but I think I am getting there -

so the first picture the left - 3v and middle 5v squares have in fact bridge between them - that can be somehow seen on the first pic. I hope I understand it - if I am wrong then just please adjust me a bit more. thnak you

Yes, thats correct. And thats the bridge thats been cut on the second picture.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

Yes, thats correct. And thats the bridge thats been cut on the second picture.

Ou, thanks a lot - If I am this slow its gonna take me year to put it together, ha - but hopefully no - I've just got an email from Elecrow that they are making my boards - can't wait to put this lego together - I hope when I get lost you people can save me by pointing me here and there.

regards

• 1 month later...

can you give al the links for to make this amesing tool plz then i order it 

• Super Moderator

I have no clue, I'm trying my very first NAND downgrade with Teensy, and still struggling.

There are so many tutorials with different method, [mostly power/ wiring]

It seems like soldering nand legs are the best way to do, with external PSU

You can check my work in progress in this thread

my method is: external psu + progskeet 1.2 + solderless pcb + 360 nand universal clip & a clamp, but i can say, nand downgrades are a pain in the back... it's much much harder than a nor downgrade

Current Owned  Playstation Consoles.

• PS3 Slim *CFW Rebug 4.82.2 D-Rex
  • Ps3 Phat backwards compatible *CFW Rebug 4.86.1 Lite Rex (2X)
  • PSP3004 *CFW 6.61 LME-2.3 ∞
  • Psvita JP Glacier white *CFW 3.65 Henkaku Enso
  • PSvita 3G *CFW 3.60 Henkaku Enso
  • PS4 Pro *OFW 7.51
  • PS4 Pro *OFW 7.51
  • PS4 Pro *OFW 4.05 (Kexploit)
  • PS4 Slim *OFW 7.51

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialThibobo

Discord: Thibobo#0782

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2PPNGBPaXEDgHD6eqpLc_w

You maybe interested in thisTthibobo for your Progskeet 1.2. I think esprit might have some left yet.

Edited by Dew-It

Is there any adapter for the Raspberry Pi?

Edited by Marc0

Nothing Is True Everything Is Permitted

The gerber files are in the zip file, which you can find in the first post. just send this zip file. the PCB-Service should know, what to do with these files

• 1 month later...

This problem is only, if you are not logged in. i think this is not a bug :)

friend not open :( spooler.. my answer but not open. not click

• Founding Member

above sentences not readable english, stopping translation/decoding efforts

complete guide with all files is mirrored on psdevwiki since day 1

if you just want the files:

Teensy Adapter Platine V2.zip

Teensy Adapter Platine V2.pdf

error in line 1 # user no habla

·~øØ PSdevwiki.com - Your number 1 source, Share and expand, knowledge Øø~·

Do you sell the board complete? I have tried it but it doesn't work on my pc and doesn't recognise the Teensy board

• Founding Member
...my pc do not rectumized the board

Fixed

My english is bad too, but use google translator or something to post here, otherway there is no feedback

Edited by sandungas
  • Upvote 1