Welcome to PlayStationHaX

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• GregoryRasputin

Say Hello, Make An Introduction Thread :)   11/20/2015

We love having new members join the forum, what we like more is them being productive people and contributing a little bit to the forum. So if you are a new member, let us know who you are by saying hi in an introduction thread, you can find the forum section here: https://playstationhax.xyz/forums/forum/15-member-introduction/
esprit1711

Teensy adapter Board for NANDway

58 posts in this topic

Teensy adapter Board for NANDway

IMG_20141130_233330.JPG

Hey. in the past, i create a simple adapter board to connect the Teensy to a "360-clip NAND Clip" (the classic kind of NAND Clips). It's easier and faster to solder a board than wire the cables, no more problems with cable breaks and a good connection. A english speaking user ask me for a solder tutorial, so I thought on this occasion, i can write directly to the community. :)

Of course, you can find all what you need below to order your own boards.

But now the tutorial with some words (the most things should be self-explanatory).

What you need:

IMG_20141130_222139.JPG

larger image

1x adapter board

1x Teensy++ 2.0

1x 5V to 3,3V Voltage Regulator for the Teensy (MCP1825, LM3940 or Pin-compatible)

1x TSSOP 32 NAND-Clip (360-Clip) with equipment (Flat-cable, Pin-header (2x11) and the red adapter board (you get always all this things when you buy a new NAND Clip))

2x Pin-header (1x20)

1x Pin-header (2x4)

optional but recommendable:

2x female connector (1x20)

1x female connector (2x4)

1x Pin-header (1x3)

1x Jumper

1x capacitor 100nF SMD-0603

1x capacitor 10µF SMD-0805

optional (if you want power the NAND with external Power):

1x 5V to 3,3V voltage regulator (LMS1587CS-3.3 or Pin-compatible)

1x 5V power supply (minimum 3A)

Tools:

- blade

- solder iron

- solder

- side Cutter

prepare the Teensy:

IMG_20141130_222942.JPG

larger image

First of all, we cut the following bridge on the bottom side of the Teensy so that the teensy no longer work with 5V

IMG_20141130_223414.JPG

larger image

now, we solder a bridge between the middle common solder pad and the 3,3V pad

IMG_20141130_223831.JPG

larger image

finally, we solder the voltage regulator on the Teensy

IMG_20141130_224258.JPG

larger image

Solder the adapter board:

Solder the pin-header on the board (be careful, the plastic of the pin-header could melting fast)

IMG_20141130_225406.jpg

larger image

now, plug the red adapter board (wich was at the NAND-clip) on the pin-header, solder the pins and cut them if they are too long.

IMG_20141130_230028.JPG

larger image

You can choose, if you want solder the Teensy fixed on the board....

IMG_20141130_230509.JPG

larger image

... or solder the Teensy on female connector to unplug him any time

IMG_20141130_230631.JPG

larger image

with the following 1x3 pin-header, you can choose the Power Source for the NAND (external, or USB) (sometimes it can cause problems, when you use the USB as Power Supply)

IMG_20141130_231348.JPG

larger image

when you Power the NAND by USB, the final step ist to connect the common header-pin with outmost pin

IMG_20141130_231423.JPG

larger image

optional things:

for a cleaner voltage, you should solder the capacitors

IMG_20141130_231530.JPG

larger image

IMG_20141130_231938.JPG

larger image

you can also solder a stronger voltageregulator (than the one on the Teensy)  to connect a stronger 5V power supply (than your USB Port).

Before you solder the regulator on the board, you should prepare the large pad of the Regulator and the Board with a layer of tin.

IMG_20141130_232429.JPGIMG_20141130_232518.JPG

IMG_20141130_233012.JPG

larger image

you can connect your 5V Power supply on the marked solder points. I used a DC-coupling for a better handling

IMG_20141130_233330.JPG

larger image

when you want use the external voltage, you must reposition the jumper (like you can see on the picture), but you can everytime change the source with the jumper

where you can buy this boards?

You can find a zip-file to download below. in this file, you find the complete project folder. You can use the files to view and change the Layout or the circuit diagram, but if you only want a board, you can send this zip-file to a PCB service. I order my boards everytime at elecrow.com. the board have a size of 55mm x 45mm, so you must order the boards on this page *click*.

before you add our order to the cart, the options should (except the color, this is your choice) look like on the following picture (a change of the order quantity only changed the weight and the transportation costs, so i order everytime 10 boards)

elecrow.JPG

mirror

I hope i could help someone

with kind regards

esprit1711 from psXtools Team :)

EDIT 2015-06-10: V2.1 available. fixed a layout mistake (twisted the 2x4 pin header at the Teensy socket (thank to Th3Knights for the report)) and change the silkscreen. If you have a V2, you can use it without any problem. the V2 use only 2 of 5 lines for RE, but this is not a critical problem.

EDIT 2015-09-11: just update the download link (i dont know why, but the attachment was down (thanks at 3absiso for the report)) :)

XGerber_-_Teensy Adapter Platine V2.1.zip

Edited by esprit1711

Nice thanks for share :) and i like that it is "free software" and "free hardware" based :) please more of that your welcome.

Nicely done.

4e0169f2e8be555add78bbe26ee93f806b3d9bb1

Hi, 

@esprit1711

Thank you for this. Is it possible if you can share the schematic or the pcb file ?  just  for the people that would like transferring it themselves. It's completely alright if you can't though.  thank you :) !!

Great topic, wikified it on psdevwiki.com :)

Awesome, sexy work :)

Hi, 

@esprit1711

Thank you for this. Is it possible if you can share the schematic or the pcb file ?  just  for the people that would like transferring it themselves. It's completely alright if you can't though.  thank you :) !!

So either i need to clean my lenses or you need to clean your glasses. It's within his post on the bottom. It is called:  Teensy Adapter Platine V2.zip   -.-

Great topic, wikified it on psdevwiki.com :)

ALL HAIL THE DEVWIKI !!!

@exploit0: you can open the project file with Target3001 (the simplest variant of this tool ist free), but below, you find a pdf of the schematic, too :)

Many thanks to those who make the devwiki article. I like to share my work. Its my hobby, not my work, so i dont need to make money with these things

mirror

Teensy Adapter Platine V2.pdf

@exploit0: you can open the project file with Target3001 (the simplest variant of this tool ist free), but below, you find a pdf of the schematic, too :)

Many thanks to those who make the devwiki article. I like to share my work. Its my hobby, not my work, so i dont need to make money with these things

Many thanks for the tool and the schematic file. thank you once again

So either i need to clean my lenses or you need to clean your glasses. It's within his post on the bottom. It is called:  Teensy Adapter Platine V2.zip   -.-

ALL HAIL THE DEVWIKI !!!

nevermind cfwprophet, gerber files but esprit1711 posted what I wanted. Thank you 

You can output an shematic with thoes tool's based on the board files ;)

Now I want to see someone etch their own PCB :), or make one from a protoboard even.

cant share that site enough. That's the so called Toner methode which can be done at home by everyone. The site can be viewed in english too. But only the german version will have on the bottom as "UPDATE:" a list with printer's, toner's, paper's and with a comment. Which is quite handy cause you can find some really fucking cheap old printers onto it which you for sure will find some where second hand for arround 10€ or so. If your out of luck then you will need a other toner which is in that whole list for sure the expensivesd part. Acid is cheap, pcb's are cheap, the printer's are cheap well at least in compare to one single toner which "can" carch up to 40-50€ if it comes bad.

But enough talk here is the site: Thomas Pfeifer - Direct Toner Method

Edited by cfwprophet

*snip*

There are a truckload of instructables at instructables.com as well.

There are other methods as well, such as special ink for inkjets, modified printers to print directly onto the PCB(instead of toner-transfer), draw it yourself, build a plotter and draw it, or even build a CNC and mill the PCB.

Oh, and the UV photo method...

edit: happy now? -.-

you even didn't like my post, booo BOOOOOO you suck -.-

:D

EDIT: yea ?! XD

Edited by cfwprophet

I am interested in buying this kit ( or similar ) 

Thanks for posting this Eprit1711. I'm the one that asked for the turtorial on the teensy. I have the boards if you live in the US. This will make the soldering even easier. Well at least cut it down some. https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp_pins.html

You can output an shematic with thoes tool's based on the board files ;)

I use a tool named ultiboard to do my layouts. Different tools generate different files. The tool I use couldn't open the files so I politely asked for the schematic instead. It wasn't until the tool name was shared in next posts, thank you esprit, and then I was able to open the files and export it to play with it. what i'm trying to say if I knew the tool that was used in the project, I wouldn't had asked :). thank you

Now I want to see someone etch their own PCB :), or make one from a protoboard even.

Are you saying that you're too good for a protoboard or something o.O ? I think youtube has some good vids of ones etching their own pcb so you can check those out. 

PS: reading|googling is not the same as experiencing it, wouldn't you agree? anyways again thank you @esprit1711

:)

post-19-0-20853200-1420960292_thumb.jpg

excuse my self. i didn't want to dissrespect you. there was just a new scene release of a app and as every time then user's pop up, asking one and the same question 500 times per day without to read the last 2 site's. so it comes that to this times some (or in this case me) staff members direct their overlaoded energy onto the wrong person. 

im glad to see a new member that know off what he/she talks. please be a bit patiant with me. :)

EDIT: psxtools you have mirrowed but you didn't it on the greetz and name ? is that on your wish or a tiny bug ^^

Edited by cfwprophet

nice work @exploit0 :)

but why you have shortcuts between the Pads of the capacitors? some of the circuit path looks different like the paths in my layout, too.

If you need a Layout for a PCB Without external Voltage-source, you can also use the pdf below. this was the first version without capacitors, Voltageregulator and two bridges

@cfwprophet: its like an ambulance in the rear mirror :fryingpan:

EDIT: ops, i forgot the pdf :D

post-173-0-42567500-1420984541_thumb.jpg

post-173-0-66709800-1420984547_thumb.jpg

Teensy2Clip - Folie.pdf

Edited by esprit1711

@cfwprophet

its just sometimes some members be trying to help another with good intentions. But mistakenly or accidentally taking their question for a dump one without digging a little deeper into it. It's alright though, I can understand how some things may get crossed when repeating yourself over and over to help out. so no worries :)

oh yea as silly as I will look now, that was not a bug and was not my intention either. it was a mistake on my end :).

@esprit1711

Thank you but i think your version is better :D great job there. The short between the caps is not a trace but a + mark. I left the torigin layer (+) on to have a + mark in some pads for precise drilling. I saw it was only the caps that were going to be shorted which I thought I can just simply break it with a sharp object. You caught it though keen eyes lol. Paths were routed based on the schematic and I checked to make sure it was ok. im yet to test it though. Anyways again many thanks to you for the new file :double-thumbs-up: and for constantly continuing to help and your contribution. Also many thanks to everyone else here whether it's for their time that is spent here helping or their contributions, big or small ;) thank you.

Edited by exploit0

@esprit1711

I can not thank you enough, I've already ordered the board from the site you recommended. I've been waiting for this since you introduced it in UltraNSC's video :)

Again Thank you for sharing, the benefits to the  community are enormous.

If anyone needs a circuit board I have 10 of them. I live in the USA and can ship to the USA. No need to wait to have a circuit board made from China. They are red circuit boards. $2.50 cents for a circuit board shipped. Only to USA.

If anyone needs a circuit board I have 10 of them. I live in the USA and can ship to the USA. No need to wait to have a circuit board made from China. They are red circuit boards. $2.50 cents for a circuit board shipped. Only to USA.

Hi, I'm interested in your offer [i live in Southwest in the U.S.], wondering if your circuit board works with this clip I bought

2re8rsgiy1dxrjqzg.jpg

I'm trying to downgrade my CECH-B01 model [NAND], and recently bought Teensy 2.00 ++ with pins connected.

Many thanks in advance :)

Edited by Joonie

Would someone please provide links or describe in detail where or how to order these :

1x Capacitor 100nF SMD-0603

1x Capacitor 10µF SMD-0805

Thank you.

im looking for a teensy adapter board if anyone trying to sale one let me know im in usa