Xhase

Bought a game stick now what..?

Went on ebay, bought a game stick.. Now what? I see you can root it and run google apps and file managers etc. but can i install custom roms? Custom recoveries ? :o i guess if no one knows ill have to see myself when i get it in the mail..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

Went on ebay, bought a game stick.. Now what? I see you can root it and run google apps and file managers etc. but can i install custom roms? Custom recoveries ? :o i guess if no one knows ill have to see myself when i get it in the mail..

Whether or not you can install custom roms/recoveries depends on whether or not you can install custom kernels. You can only install custom kernels if the bootloader is unlocked/can be unlocked. Most android phones have an unlocked bootloader nowadays but I have no idea about the game stick and a quick google turned up nothing...

• Upvote 1

"HENkaku was an inside job"

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

A game stick is a device that allows you to play android games on a 1080p display..

NOR Downgrader

20xx all day long

PSP 1001 5.00 m33

2x PS2

I decided to search for a custom rom, rather than if the bootloader is unlocked and I found this:
http://hackinformer.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=217

So the bootloader must be unlocked, not only that but it seems it has a recovery installed by default :)

• Upvote 1

"HENkaku was an inside job"

DTL-H1100 Debugging Station, KSM440BAM Laser Assembly

SCPH-1002 PlayStation, Old Crow Modchip

CECH-2503B PS3 Slim, Dual Boot OFW / 4.80.1 REBUG D-REX (Broken HDMI)

PCH-1004 PSVITA, 3.60 変革 Ensō, SD2Vita, 128GB

Whether or not you can install custom roms/recoveries depends on whether or not you can install custom kernels.

Not quite true. There are some phones that you can install both recovery and custom rom without custom kernel. My mom's Xperia P is one example, I have both CWR and custom ROM on that, with locked bootloader.

My S4 Mini can also get recovery and custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader, but I unlocked mine for obvious reasons. :)

• Upvote 2

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf