GregoryRasputin

Sony Servers Breached Last Year

I remember a few times last year, the PlayStation Network suffered some unexplained outages, we don't know much about these outages, but perhaps an article on Bloomberg explains it, or perhaps it is in no way connected.

Bloomberg claims that Sony knew of an infiltration on its servers a year ago, yet they did nothing, which comes as no surprise, as they were warned by several people that their PSN networks were vulnerable at least a year before the hack in 2011, two people that spoke of such vulnerabilities on PSN were SKFU and madshaun1984, as we all know now, Sony ignored all those warnings, which resulted in the big PSN hack.

BhUQdmo.png

And it looks like the company just doesn't learn, here is a quote from the source:

Sony Corp. was warned about a year ago that hackers had infiltrated its network and were stealing gigabytes of data several times a week, underscoring a pattern of lapses predating a recent attack that has spilled Sony Pictures’ secrets onto the Internet.

The hackers, who haven’t been identified, sifted in late 2013 through data from the company’s network, encrypted the information to cover their tracks and mined it on a regular schedule, said a person familiar with Sony’s investigation of the breach who asked not to be named because the findings are confidential.

Here is something else that some of you might find interesting:

In the most recent indication of Sony’s vulnerability, hackers since early December have been releasing sensitive information from the company’s Sony Pictures unit, including on salaries, employee health data and racially tinged e-mail banter over U.S. President Barack Obama’s taste in movies.

Another leak showed that Sony Chief Executive Officer Kazuo Hirai approved a scene in the coming movie “The Interview” that depicted the fictional assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The exact same guy that was in charge of SCEA when PSN was hacked.

Source

On an unrelated matter, i seem to have upset some Sony fanboys when i submitted that image >.<

Check The First Comment At  The Bottom :P

Lol, well I like some of Sonys products too but that picture is still funny as hell :P

and pretty accurate regarding their online security it seems :Smiley Sniffer:

They shouldn't had the OtherOS team fired with the introduction of the Slim PS3, now all their knowledge about Linux/Unix is gone somehow it seems ;)

If I was $ony btw, I would create an "open source" game (=hand it over to someone who has nothing to do with $ony and who publishes it) where people have to nuke North-Korea if there are hacking signals  from that country and "surprisingly" have to kill that sick narcistic fuck that controls that poor country. Never let a narcistic idiot win, act immediately !!

2 more "world" leaders who have narcistic touches: Putin the ex-KGB'er from Russia and the woman-hater Erdogan from Turkey. Both are as bad as that limping North-korean dictator :(

Edited by OoZic

They shouldn't had the OtherOS team fired with the introduction of the Slim PS3, now all their knowledge about Linux/Unix is gone somehow it seems ;)

If I was $ony btw, I would create an "open source" game (=hand it over to someone who has nothing to do with $ony and who publishes it) where people have to nuke North-Korea if there are hacking signals  from that country and "surprisingly" have to kill that sick narcistic fuck that controls that poor country. Never let a narcistic idiot win, act immediately !!

2 more "world" leaders who have narcistic touches: Putin the ex-KGB'er from Russia and the woman-hater Erdogan from Turkey. Both are as bad as that limping North-korean dictator :(

Putin might have narcicisti tendencies, but he is no worse than any US leader.

So if he is as bad as Kim, them so is Obama,

Putin might have narcicisti tendencies, but he is no worse than any US leader.

So if he is as bad as Kim, them so is Obama,

Disagree, Putin manipulates/lies a lot more.... just look at the elections and the way he handles the terms for being the President. First he raised it to 6 years in stead of 4 and the term he could not be President he became vice-president (or Prime Minister, who cares) and the President at that time (2008-2012) Medvedev  was a real joke/puppet as Putin still had control over everything. Putin is a real control freak just like other persons with Narcistic behavior.

Putin should also speak the truth about the Buk rocket that was used for taking down the MH-17 airplane. He delivered it (=is responsible) to the seperatists in Ukraine...

If I give matches to little kids with no brains and the kids create a fire with my matches, who is responsible.... the kids or me?

I am not a fan of Obama either, but I am sure if Obama acted the way like Putin does, he wouldn't have made it for a week being the President of the US of A...

Disagree, Putin manipulates/lies a lot more.... just look at the elections and the way he handles the terms for being the President. First he raised it to 6 years in stead of 4 and the term he could not be President he became vice-president (or Prime Minister, who cares) and the President at that time (2008-2012) Medvedev  was a real joke/puppet as Putin still had control over everything. Putin is a real control freak just like other persons with Narcistic behavior.

Putin should also speak the truth about the Buk rocket that was used for taking down the MH-17 airplane. He delivered it (=is responsible) to the seperatists in Ukraine...

I am surprised that you would let your government control and manipulate you into beleiving bullshit.

The BUK was not Russian, it was Ukrainian, there is plenty of evidence that shows the Ukrainian army had BUK's in that area, in fact they admitted this themselves, then there is the fact that the Ukranian rebels captured a BUK system.

Lets not forget that the plane was diverted to that area and the suggestions that it was shot down by Ukrainian fighter jets.

Read the facts and not what you allow yourself to be fed by your government.

Lets move on to US presidents.

Bush invaded Iraq under false pretenses and then also invaded Afghanistan, how many innocents died because of this and how many more will die, due to the threat of ISIS, who wouldn't have been around or as powerful, had Iraq not been Invaded.

Then we have the CIA torture.

Then we have US attacking Libya  and their continuous supply of weapons to the terrorist false state Israel.

Those things are far worse than Putin has ever done.

In no way am i saying Putin is a saint, i am not particularly a big fan of his eithee,but at least he has balls to stand up to America and their NATO war machine, he doesnt jump into bed with them like most European countries.

I guess i could go on and on about it, but it would be pointless as we have clearly different opinions on the situation :P

Edit

I suppose one thing we could agree on, is that all politicians are ass holes :D

Edited by GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin, on 21 Dec 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:GregoryRasputin, on 21 Dec 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

I am surprised that you would let your government control and manipulate you into beleiving bullshit.

The BUK was not Russian, it was Ukrainian, there is plenty of evidence that shows the Ukrainian army had BUK's in that area, in fact they admitted this themselves, then there is the fact that the Ukranian rebels captured a BUK system.

Lets not forget that the plane was diverted to that area and the suggestions that it was shot down by Ukrainian fighter jets.

Read the facts and not what you allow yourself to be fed by your government.

Lets move on to US presidents.

Bush invaded Iraq under false pretenses and then also invaded Afghanistan, how many innocents died because of this and how many more will die, due to the threat of ISIS, who wouldn't have been around or as powerful, had Iraq not been Invaded.

Then we have the CIA torture.

Then we have US attacking Libya  and their continuous supply of weapons to the terrorist false state Israel.

Those things are far worse than Putin has ever done.

In no way am i saying Putin is a saint, i am not particularly a big fan of his eithee,but at least he has balls to stand up to America and their NATO war machine, he doesnt jump into bed with them like most European countries.

I guess i could go on and on about it, but it would be pointless as we have clearly different opinions on the situation :P

If everybody aggrees with everyone, it would be a boring world ;)

The difference between Bush and Obama is simple.... one is Republican and the other is Democratic, a big difference. Afghanistan was already a big mess due to the by the Russians lost Russian War (1979-1989), the Russians created the religion war situation in Afghanistan as it is now IMHO. If Iraq didn't invade Kuwait for their oil, Bush wouldn't have started the first war in that region.... Second one was because of the Twin Towers, and that act/war declaration couldn't stay unanswered.

Israel is a problem that can never be solved, how hard everybody tries. Religion is responsible for most if not all wars, and both religions claim things like Har ha-Bayit/Haram al-Sharif (Temple Mount). Best thing is maybe to give the "state" Israel to the Italians as they owned the ground that forms israel since 1967 also around the year zero ;) (J/K)

Even Iraq owned a piece of Israel once, better not give it to them ;)

CIA torture compared to things like ISIS does is laughable. Why do relegion people always want to kill everybody? Most peacefull people I know are all non-religian, most hatefull people I know are mostly Religian. That says it all...

If relegion is really about peace, maybe they should start prooving it as of today?

OT: If that movie "The Interview" is still on the $ony servers, can't we hack into the servers and release the movie anyway? Would be real fun to see Duplex leaking the movie on the net :LiebSmilie-Headbanger-mit-Gitar

Edited by OoZic

OoZic, on 21 Dec 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

If everybody aggrees with everyone, it would be a boring world ;)

So true :)

Afghanistan was already a big mess due to the by the Russians lost Russian War (1979-1989), the Russians created the religion war situation in Afghanistan as it is now IMHO.

Would Russia have lost if America hadnt supplied the Taliban weapons ?

Ironically those weapons that would have killed many Americans in the US/Afghan war.

If Iraq didn't invade Kuwait for their oil, Bush wouldn't have started the first war in that region.... Second one was because of the Twin Towers, and that act/war declaration couldn't stay unanswered.

If American hadn't given Iraq the power by supplying Iraq with Chemical Weapons to destroy Iran, then perhaps they wouldn't have had the audacity to attack Kuwait.

Also the second war was because America/Bush claimed that Iraq had Weapons Of Mass Destruction, which was false and even with the 9/11 claim, it has been proven that Iraq was never connected with the Taliban in any way.

The war in Iraq was simple, Bush Junior wanted to be Saddam, because his daddy Bush Senior failed to do it.

Israel is a problem that can never be solved, how hard everybody tries.

No, it will never be solved, as long as America keeps supplying them with weapons to murder Palestinians

OT: If that movie "The Interview" is still on the $ony servers, can't we hack into the servers and release the movie anyway? Would be real fun to see Duplex leaking the movie on the net :LiebSmilie-Headbanger-mit-Gitar

Hasn't it been leaked already ?

From what I've read, the movie is a pile of shit, though all this drama makes me want to watch it even more :P