PS4 Remote Play On All Android Devices With DS4

GregoryRasputin

• GregoryRasputin

I'm sure most of you know about the ability to use PS4 Remote Play on any Android device, it can bee seen here:

and you can read about it here:
Source
  • Upvote 2

• Super Moderator

Can you use the remotes without the need the bluetooth dongle? If so then I bet emulators would work again without one. That be tight.

Don't be a jerk be cool! Join Switch Club today!

coming next - wii u game pad now supported by PS4 :punch:

it's funny how a lot of playstation fanboys will dis on the wii u game pad, and then something like this android remote play is released.

uhhmm....dude we complain about cause it is sold as additional hardware for 150€ where i can do on the PS4 the same with my SmartPhone FOR FREE!! Got it now ? 

rsz_2cfwprophet_banner_3.jpg

uhhmm....dude we complain about cause it is sold as additional hardware for 150€  

Playstation Vita/TV(yes, the TV is cheaper). Nuff said.

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

• GregoryRasputin

uhhmm....dude we complain about cause it is sold as additional hardware for 150€ where i can do on the PS4 the same with my SmartPhone FOR FREE!! Got it now ? 

Well your smartphone costs money, your smartphone service costs money.

Also to do it properly on the PS4, you need a PS Vita which also costs  money.

I was just saying.

If sony released a controller like the Wii U gamepad it would get rave reviews and all would rejoice the end of nintendo. But that won't happen because sony sees money to be made by selling two separate consoles to achieve the same end result. BTW, target was selling the Wii U for $250 last week, not a bad price. The android remote play in the first post is a good idea because a lot of people own android devices, and it defeats purchasing another sony product.

Sony official price for remote play will be $560, ps4 + ps vita.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-ps-vita-bundle-revealed/1100-6420095/

Edited by stomp_442
  • Upvote 1

And people thought this was only gonna be possible on the Xperia Z3 :thumbsdown:

Hardware

PS3 Model: CECH-2001A

Playstation Vita/TV(yes, the TV is cheaper). Nuff said.

Well your smartphone costs money, your smartphone service costs money.

Also to do it properly on the PS4, you need a PS Vita which also costs  money.

you both really -.-³

uhm...yes but first a SmartPhone is not an additional Hardware to only use with the Wii U. A SmartPhone is something you allready have an not you need to spend extra money to make use of second screen feature. That's the point.

And Lucifer no not the Vita TV. and now to the next one:

I was just saying.

If sony released a controller like the Wii U gamepad it would get rave reviews and all would rejoice the end of nintendo. But that won't happen because sony sees money to be made by selling two separate consoles to achieve the same end result. BTW, target was selling the Wii U for $250 last week, not a bad price. The android remote play in the first post is a good idea because a lot of people own android devices, and it defeats purchasing another sony product.

Sony official price for remote play will be $560, ps4 + ps vita.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-ps-vita-bundle-revealed/1100-6420095/

Serious ? Well the point is here "If sony released a controller like the Wii U gamepad" you guys all still don't got it. The Point is, it is nothing else then an TABLET and for that you dono need extra hardware. What you need is a Tablet which you may allready have or an dude with a Tablet and an App of the company, doesn't matter if Nintendo, Sony or M$. (Or in our case a smartphone is also enough)

The point is to say: "Hey we have a sepperated device for your second screen feature 'if you want that', if not you can still use any smart device you have allready at home too"

The Point is: "Does Sony charge money with the PS4 for your second play feature ? Like Nintendo this do with that Tablet and then they explain the Wii U is such expensive cause we have a Tablet. (And? noby really care, sell that shit without your fucking Tablet for 150€ less and we're fine but dude not this way, not with me a Nintendo Gamer from the first hour)

uhm...yes but first a SmartPhone is not an additional Hardware to only use with the Wii U. A SmartPhone is something you allready have an not you need to spend extra money to make use of second screen feature. That's the point.

I don't own a smartphone or a tablet, well I have a broken kindle fire. I just never found the need to have internet access on the go, I already have unlimited internet at home.

It is nice though that through unofficial means somebody can have a good remote play other than having to purchase another console, given they already own the required hardware.

• Upvote 1

• Super Admin

Working on 5.0.2 lollipop on my nexus 7

• Upvote 1

Don't start shit, there won't be shit

• GregoryRasputin

I don't own a smartphone or a tablet, well I have a broken kindle fire. I just never found the need to have internet access on the go, I already have unlimited internet at home.

It is nice though that through unofficial means somebody can have a good remote play other than having to purchase another console, given they already own the required hardware.

I am actually getting rid of my smartphone soon and going back to the old archaic handsets.

So cfwprohet smartphones ARE additional hardware :P

• Upvote 1

• Super Moderator

I am actually getting rid of my smartphone soon and going back to the old archaic handsets.

So cfwprohet smartphones ARE additional hardware :P

What smartphone do you have now? And why?

• GregoryRasputin

What smartphone do you have now? And why?

Samsung something something and i got it to replace my other smart phone, which replaced my Windows 5 phone.

I only use my phone for calling and texting, i don't need it for anything else, so having all those features is a waste.

I prefer the old Windows 5/6 phones, hardware keyboards as well as having a touch screen that doesn't freak out during phone calls when it touches my face >.<

• Upvote 1

• Super Moderator

I rocked those Windows PocketPC phones before iPhone came out they were pretty awesome. They would of been really cool if people regularly developed for them. The current Windows Smart phones with the Mobile 8 and tiles I think suck. 

• Upvote 3

Dont forget though, that this android app is ONLY supposed to work on SPECIFIC SONY devices. Its ONLY because of the community we're able to use it on any android device. And I have a feeling Sony will attempt to block it in further updates(which obviously will get circumvented again, but still).

And yes, prophet, the PS TV is ADVERTISED as an ACCESSORY for the PS4, to Remote Play. So yes, that is very much additional hardware for the PS4. And the Vita's main selling point from the launch has been remote play, which sony now have to compensate early buyers for since the PS3 couldnt handle it properly(or rather, no dev. cared about it).

Besides, is there even any need for an extra WiiU pad? If youre stupid enough to throw it in the wall or similar, you deserve to spend a lot of money to get it replaced... Maybe that'll cure their stupidity....

Also, the WiiU Pad is still cheaper than a new Vita, phone or tablet should you break any of those. And dont bring up 2nd hand, because you can get a whole WiiU 2nd hand for roughly the same price.

• Upvote 2

872daeaf9d5ccbb7d98bb4fef4246f6e9da5ddcf

it's good, i'm been playing around with remote play on my Xperia Tablet Z. I haven't tried to use a DS4, i will try when i get some spare time.

As for now, i don't get sound on my Xperia Z, just video. But it's quite interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the WiiU Pad is still cheaper than a new Vita, phone or tablet should you break any of those. And dont bring up 2nd hand, because you can get a whole WiiU 2nd hand for roughly the same price.

Depends on where you live, so not in Austria or Germany Thoes are second hand in Austria