Joonie

Video Game graphics in 2015

I have been playing allot of older games lately like Nintendo and yes the graphics suck compared to now but ff7 is one of my all time favorite games. Sometimes it is hard to go back and play older games because the game play is so basic and the graphics but its also fun too sometimes. I know releasing this game with better graphics is just a way for the developers to get some quick cash but really I would probably rather play this version that looks allot better than the original if I was going to go back and play them.

But old games are old games, they are supposed to have "sucky graphic". Basic gameplay... I dunno... While true in some cases, I'd say the games of today have more basic gameplay than the older games... Shoot there, kill that, shoot some more, QUICKTIME EVENT! Oh you failed... shoot more, kill someone else, <predicted plot-twist>, <yawn> shoot more......

Well, I guess anything that isnt a full blown RPG could be classified as 'basic gameplay'...

The way FF7 was announces for the PS4 though was misleading and resulted in huge disappointments. Personally I dont give a shit about FF7, I think its a crap game regardless of whatever graphic they'd put in :)

I know what your saying about games now with basic gameplay. There is no substance to them, all story. Which in some ways is good to draw the player into the story. What I meant by basic game play is two buttons. One to jump other to shoot or whatever. Now at least we can do more at once, but sometimes it still feels basic.

I think the game remakes with better graphics is a good idea because there is people that never played some of these great games, maybe it's younger players that never got to experience the game when it was first released, or players that want to replay some of their favorite game from years ago. There isn't to many older games that I want to play but it's nice to have the option of better graphics if I ever did want to.

i really appreciate this new generation graphics. Sometimes i just stop playing to admire scenarios.

Old games style also look pretty well in a PS4, but for me they don't get to keep my attention for long time. I've tried games like Velocity, Pix the cat, Mercenary Kings, most of the are platform games, but really unattractive.

I expect a good software. For example, when i play Joel in The Last of US, and i usually hiding , it really bothers me that Ellie can walk around freely in front of my enemies. Or when i play those shooting games, and the character can stand still beside me without being shot.

The real problem, playing game is expensive and time consuming. I have downloaded a lot of games for PS4, bought other ones, but i've finished only 2 r 3 of them.

by the way, sometimes i watch my son playing FF, but i never see nothing special in it. I can't understand why there are so many fans.

The real problem, playing game is expensive.....

i bought driveclub used for 30 euro, that's about half of the original price. :)

i'm planning to use this strategy for other games as well....

Personally I have no issues with graphics in 2015. I started my gaming days playing a game where the objective was to hit a square 'ball' between two paddles so I think it allows me put things into perspective, to really see how far we have come in 25-30 years.

I also believe the graphics capabilities on Ps4/Xbox one are totally acceptable for the money spent and if I ever had the desire to spend time at a PC (which currently I don't) then I would definitely buy a high end rig that would put them both to shame, but in all honesty I've been more than happy with ps4 and Xbox.

On the subject of the cost per game I have to argue that although games can be considered expensive and always have, I wouldn't say they were anymore expensive then they were when I was buying games 15 years or more ago, for example Virtua Racing cost £75 in the uk on the Megadrive when I bought it but of course that was an exceptionally expensive game.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and consider gameplay over graphics and just consider having great graphics a bonus, I'm looking forward to see what 2016 brings us.