redsquirrel87 who some of you might know from the PS3 scene has released a Theme Installer for the PS Vita, here are its features:
- Written in JAVA, so compatible with any OS that supports a JVM (Windows, Linux, Mac...).
- Removed the need to use any external program (like SQLite Browser) and to find and edit SQL tables/records manually: all you need to do is to pass an app.db and your theme info, the program will write records automatically in your DB file at the correct table.
- Support for SQL blobs: this means that you can insert even a title and an author/provider for your custom theme that will appear in PSVita Theme Settings page. In this way there will be really no difference between an official PSVita theme and your custom theme, like you can view from these screenshots https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mlx08owshhknr...jsuY6qAZga.
- Basic and easy to use GUI.
- Application's window resizable by the user so as to fit any screen resolutions.
- Tooltips with explanations on every field.
- Support for drag & drop in the input app.db text field.
- The program will check if a record with the same UNIQUE key is already existing so as avoiding SQL errors.
- Ability to insert all params about your theme info, such as version, last mod date, size, etc...
- Ability to calculate the size of your theme automatically (by passing the main folder of your theme the program will calculate automatically the full size).
- Ability to set the last modified date to now automatically.
- Ability to create a backup of your app.db automatically before writing changes.
- Ability to quickly fill all text fields with default values (I used the same of the HackInformer's tutorial).
- English and Italian translations.