DANiO has released Funtoo PS4 based on Gentoo, which he has built from the ground up:
ATTENTION - THIS IS A W.I.P OR NOT FULLY TESTED - SO USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION
- USB stick with 16GB or more
1. Download funtoo_ps4.img.bz2,
2. burn substeps:
- if on windows use 7zip to uncompress, then use win32 disk imager to write image to USB stick,
- if on linux use `bzcat funtoo_ps4.img.bz2 | dd status=progress of=/dev/sdX` - where X is USB stick,
3. Use kernel-linux payload for hackable fw,
4. Now you see penguins!
5. Type: `mount /dev/sdb2 /newroot`
6. And BOO(S)T by: `exec chroot /newroot /sbin/init`
7. Now you can login as root!
NOTE: the "root" password is "toor", remember it!