* = Notes at bottom…
Dead Or Alive used to be my favourite fighting game, but the older i get the less appeal these type of games have to me, bash button, thump button, bash, etc, etc, etc*, fortunately for people who do not like fighting games, you can enjoy the Dead Or Alive world and characters, without ever fighting.
Dead Or Alive Xtreme has been around for a while, the first release of the game occurring back in 2003, its a mixture of beach sports and some sort of erotic voyeurism, you play various beach sports such as Volleyball, whilst looking at scantily clad females and having the opportunity to zoom in and pan around their bodies, the game has always seemed to carry around some sort of drama, due to the nature of the way the females are portrayed and Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 due to be released in February 2016 is no different, the company behind the game stating that it is going to be a Japan only release.
Now the reason behind a Japanese only release could be down to one of two reasons:
1.) The game does not sell well in the west.
2.) The company doesn’t want to be bothered with all the aggravation from groups opposed to the way the women in the game are shown.
Now i personally don’t care which side you are, you can love this game or hate it, if you hate it, simply don’t buy it, there is nothing you can do or say that will sway the company’s mind when it comes to releasing the game, after all its just a game filled with polygons and pixels, none of it is real and there is no harm in it*, nobody is harmed in anyway by playing the game.
The worst the negativity has managed is to have a Japan only release, but remember that your PlayStation consoles and the Xbox One are region free, so the game not being released in North America or Europe doesn’t really matter, as you can just import it and don’t worry don’t worry about language problems or barriers, the game ins multi lingual which also includes English, affiliate links to buy the game can be found at the bottom of this article.
As well as the normal release, there are some collectors/special editions you can get, here is information about those:
DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3: FORTUNE (COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
- A physical copy of DOAX3 for the PlayStation 4
- “Extreme Sexy Costume F-Set” with 9 different outfits
- 48 page special Gravure Photobook “Fortune”
- One Deck of Fortune Playing Cards with DOAX3 Themed Assets
- One Marie Rose Extreme 3D Mouse Pad
DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3: VENUS (COLLECTOR’S EDITION)
- A physical copy of DOAX3 for the PlayStation Vita
- “Extreme Sexy Costume V-Set” with 9 different outfits
- 48 page special Gravure Photobook “Venus”
- One Deck of Venus Playing Cards with DOAX3 Themed Assets
- One Honoka Extreme 3D Mouse Pad
DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3 (SAIKYO PACKAGE)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune Collector’s Edition (PS4)
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus Collector’s Edition (PS Vita)
- 9 B2 Sized (500W x 707L millimeters) Extreme Extreme Bath Posters
The game will also be available for PlayStation VR, for those of you interested in the game, here are some videos:
The game will be released on the 25th of February 2016 and you can pre order the game now, check this link:
* – Yes i know i play Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors and they are all button bashing, but i love the games story and its characters and the rich history that is involved in both games, one ancient China, one feudal Japan.
* – I know i said its only polygons, but i do get uneasy when games portray teenage children in sexy outfits, i do think that takes it too far into the depravity and perverse area.
Visit PlayStationHaX Forum To Discuss This Story Here :: Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3(#DOAX3) And The West