you might be aware that kakaroto, by the time of Christmas last year, released ps3xport, a tool to manage your ps3 backups. what you might not be aware is that he also released a very decent tool to extract pkgs, if the right modifications were made. so me and ZeroTolerance decided to work on it a bit.
here’s what we did:
* we added support for pkgs with many files
* we added support for large files inside the pkgs (over 2GB size)
* we also added Windows support, something that did not come included with the original pkgtool (only Linux/Mac support)
Now, why did we do this? Well, the reason is simple. This is the fastest pkg manager i’ve come to see and it has VERY cool features:
– extracts packages in a very little ammount of time (-e)
– prints signatures of selfs inside the packages (-s)
– displays files information inside the packages (-l)
– displays the main param.sfo info (-p)
So, all in all, this is a great tool and it deserved to be improved.
Credits to the original author (Kakaroto) and to ZeroTolerance for helping me out with it, as well as the guys of the #rpcs3 channel, they gave some nice tips
Time for some releases then.
Atm i’ll only provide the Windows release. you need to be on a x64 bit environment (most people should be on one) to be able to run pkgtool.
I can make an x86 build if there’s a high requirement of it, but you can compile it yourself.
Original Repo: https://github.com/kakaroto/pkgtool
My Repo (don’t mind the excessive number of commits, most of them are useless): https://github.com/zecoxao/pkgtool
Visit PlayStationHaX Forum To Discuss This Story Here :: adapted pkgtool by kakaroto